Domination: Earth

2.7.0 Characters, Items, Skills and Combat Changes

Mr. D

4 hours ago, EMonster said:

@Mr. D, I think I found another bug.  I had three characters, one Ordinary and two Uncommon.  Had another Uncommon appear in my area, so I dismissed the Level 4 Ordinary.  When I tried to pick up the new Uncommon, the app says something to the effect of 'You are at your limit.  Dismiss or use UBT."  I thought I got a screen shot of the message, but when I got home to post this I realized I missed it.  But from the screen shots I did get, you can see that I was close enough to pick up the character and that I only have 2 of 3 character slots taken.

So now I've lost my highest level character, and can't add any new ones.  Sad EMonster.  😞

(Obligatory 'on iOS' FYI)

My apologies for that, there does seem to be an issue with dismissing characters: they start packing, but never actually leave. 😄

I brought your dismissed characters back (please let me know if you still can't see them) and will fix the dismiss button soon.

1 hour ago, Олег Поленин said:

*) For balance issues, I'd assume that you could assign/unassign only a 100% healthy character, to keep health relevant during battle (to prevent players from replacing "dead" characters with healthy ones during a lenghty battle)

Having the ability to substitute an exhausted character with a healthy one during battle is actually a desired behaviour (another thing to keep you busy during battles!), and I think that restriction would feel a bit annoying, especially considering that it could take a day for a low-level character to regenerate fully without the help of medics.

In regard to the character limit: it is indeed global, which is why the total number of characters is displayed in the page's title (above the tabs), not on the inactive tab (as it is with Inventory items).
But there's good news: an ability to increase the overall character limit was (and still is) planned to allow this upgrade using the regular resources (incl. peacekeeping points) as an alternative to UBT.
I simply ran out of time before the release and it didn't get included, which is something I intend to work on today+.

So yes, I am hoping to see your character lists grow, although probably a little bit slower than you're imagining it. :)

There is very little sense in making the character limit apply to unassigned characters only though, as we have many players with dozens of active bases, which translates into a storage for 100+ characters. The interim step of having them unassigned limited to 3 slots in this case becomes an annoying bottleneck for inter-base character transfer, nothing more.
So the limit will remain global.

5 hours ago, Mr. D said:

My apologies for that, there does seem to be an issue with dismissing characters: they start packing, but never actually leave. 😄

I brought your dismissed characters back (please let me know if you still can't see them) and will fix the dismiss button soon.

Ok, the dismiss functionality should now be fixed and fully functional.

Please let me know if you run into any other issues with it. ;)