Domination: Earth

Game ideas

Anorse

I have a few suggestion's for the game.

First, I want to customize our kingdoms with coat of arms so we can recognize other players. The coat of arms could be seen if you zoom out.

Second, it would be amazing if the world was hexagon based. Buildings could be placed on hexagons. So the more hexagons, The more buildings you can build. Other players can battle for hexagons and other resources. If you ever played the civilization games, you know what I'm talking about.

Lastly, I think that there should be special events on holidays, I'm sure people would like the game more if there's events.

What does everyone else think?

Could these ideas be improved?

Thank you for your ideas, Anorse! Just to clarify a few things:

1 hour ago, Anorse said:

Lastly, I think that there should be special events on holidays, I'm sure people would like the game more if there's events

We do have special events on international holidays; we've had a contest and some exclusive in-game rewards from scrapping for Halloween, and I'm positive there will be something around Christmas this year. ;)

1 hour ago, Anorse said:

First, I want to customize our kingdoms with coat of arms so we can recognize other players. The coat of arms could be seen if you zoom out.

Something similar is actually already in my task list; we're planning to introduce flags eventually with a few other customization features. :)

1 hour ago, Anorse said:

Second, it would be amazing if the world was hexagon based. Buildings could be placed on hexagons. So the more hexagons, The more buildings you can build. Other players can battle for hexagons and other resources. If you ever played the civilization games, you know what I'm talking about.

I do know what you're saying (we did play civilization :)) and I like the idea of buildings requiring their own space.

I think the actual tile shape is a matter of taste (we've already received a number of "shape suggestions" and it seems that everyone prefers something different :)), so we'll most likely stick with circles as they're much faster for the app to render & display on the screen than custom polygons:
considering the size of our world (which is a lot bigger than any civilization map! :)) every millisecond counts and displaying thousands of hexagons generates a lot more lag than displaying the same amount of circles!

However, our in-game world is "sort of" split into invisible tiles already, which is why there's a 500m radius limit for every non-base land.
We're working on an algorithm allowing to "merge" these tiles and potentially create larger circles (as the game's objective is to capture the world after all!) and once this is done I'm sure we'll come up with something else interesting using that mechanics, but none of that's been set in stone yet, so any ideas are welcome. :) 

What if you click the flagg button and IT do the cirkle thing but og two Are close and you mabye click the flag in the Middle of those two and then they make soemting more like an real country and if there is land surrounding not lanfæd the not land becomen land

"The attack Will be like making less og this land and to protect you have armys placed (you place them) and walls and towers (brush om deg area) attacking Will then be more indept too AS IT is Nice to have scouts

When you say someone is the superior in a country Can you Also country army and buildings?

Plz more options diplomatic like in hoi4 and stellaris 

Stats like superior

Different map like opinion and power and deg and population

Another idea with land is when you Are inside the cirkle and push the flag button the land expand more to the way you Are placed 

1 hour ago, The one true king said:

The battle reports would be Nice to have a bit more elaborate & i mean when you are attacked and people withdrew. 

Hoe you get no report. It would be Nice to at least het something with the side of the attacking army

Yup, there are lots of combat enhancements planned; time is our only limiting factor. :)
Hopefully the next batch of app updates will be combat-focused!

I think that something other than a bunch of circles everywhere would be more realistic.

Other ideas are cities, towns, etc. Population of the cities, making your people happy. Scouts to explore new land, colonies and exploration.

Right now I think that something that will enhance other lands and exploration will make the game all a lot better.

8 hours ago, Anorse said:

Population of the cities, making your people happy. 

Please no! I have more than 200 lands in more than one country. I don't want to spend my entire day checking that "everyone is happy".

8 hours ago, Anorse said:

Scouts to explore new land, colonies and exploration.

I thought that the idea is that you are the Scout  and you should explore new lands and make colonies ;)

3 hours ago, Eerienkah said:

Please no! I have more than 200 lands in more than one country. I don't want to spend my entire day checking that "everyone is happy".

I can see that... But I would think that already seeing your population would be good. What I mean by "everyone being happy" is making certain laws that everyone likes and creating certain ideologies that the population wants.

3 hours ago, Eerienkah said:

I thought that the idea is that you are the Scout  and you should explore new lands and make colonies ;)

You wouldn't be a scout if you were in charge of a military and a country...          I would say that your a president/dictator/king, etc.

I want more features to control scouts, soldiers, and the population.

19 minutes ago, Anorse said:

I can see that... But I would think that already seeing your population would be good. What I mean by "everyone being happy" is making certain laws that everyone likes and creating certain ideologies that the population wants.

Sure, some statistics would be great. But I wouldn't want any micromanagement in regards to my lands. I've captured them, I'm protecting them - I think that's enough :)

19 minutes ago, Anorse said:

You wouldn't be a scout if you were in charge of a military and a country...          I would say that your a president/dictator/king, etc.

I want more features to control scouts, soldiers, and the population.

That would be true for Civilisation: you sit on your bum at home and rule the world...

But I'm pretty sure the idea behind this game is to explore not think of a way to stay on your sofa :)

On 29/11/2017 at 10:52 AM, The one true king said:

The battle reports would be Nice to have a bit more elaborate

Elaborating on that, when you are attacking someone's base (not a piece of territory; the actual base) the information you get from the "Army Controls" vs the info in the messages is slightly confusing. What it looks like is that in the army controls, the "level" it shows is the total amount of steps you have taken already to upgrade your base, while the messages say I "destroyed 0 levels" because I didn't reduce the real level of the base (while I actually reduced some of the steps).

This took me a while to figure out (and may not be correct)...

51 minutes ago, RGS said:

This took me a while to figure out (and may not be correct)...

Nope, that is a correct observation. :) 

Yes, the combat side of things is yet to be optimized; there are lots of enhancements planned, but time is very limited and unforgiving. :)
There will be a major combat update one of these days though!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eerienkah said:

Sure, some statistics would be great. But I wouldn't want any micromanagement in regards to my lands. I've captured them, I'm protecting them - I think that's enough :)

I'm not taking about micromanagement, I'm taking about creating laws for the whole country--creating laws for every single land is just ridiculous! For example, there's federal laws and state laws in the United States. I want to control federal laws, as in create laws for the entire country.

I just think that it will add more depth in the game and will make people be on the game more often.

Just now, Anorse said:

I'm not taking about micromanagement, I'm taking about creating laws for the whole country--creating laws for every single land is just ridiculous! For example, there's federal laws and state laws in the United States. I want to control federal laws, as in create laws for the entire country.

I just think that it will add more depth in the game and will make people be on the game more often.

What kind of laws you think you should be able to create and how it should affect your lands and population?

• Like 1