Domination: Earth

Scrap items isn't processing after scanning

Masonic32

Thanks for the report, Masonic32!

When you say "reboots the game", do you mean that the "Scrap Items" tab opens again (showing the remaining number of charges), but without any result message?

Or does the app crash completely and you have to open the game from scratch by tapping on its icon?

I am experiencing something similar quite often. The game starts I collect resources or something like that and then I want to scrap items and press the "scrap item" button, then I scan the barcode and the normal screen comes back but the counter stays at the same number of remaining scrap attempts and I do not get any resources either. After waiting a few seconds a toast will show app saying: "waiting for location...".
However, when I restart the game and go then directly to the scrap items screen everything will work fine.

Edited by Ruvox

4 hours ago, Mr. D said:

Thanks for the report, Masonic32!

When you say "reboots the game", do you mean that the "Scrap Items" tab opens again (showing the remaining number of charges), but without any result message?

Or does the app crash completely and you have to open the game from scratch by tapping on its icon?

It crashes the games but restarts automatically.  No result message and doesn't change the amount charges. It seems as if is capturing the barcode too fast.

That usually is an indicator of one of two issues:

a) Internet connectivity problems: as soon as the camera screen closes and returns you back to the "Charges" screen the scrapping results are sent to our server for processing.
If that fails for any reason you will see the same amount of charges.

b) GPS chip failure / inability to identify your current position.
As in Ruvox's case, "Waiting for location..." is a message thrown by the Google Maps app (which is what Domination is based on). Unfortunately, there's little we can do to affect this behaviour, as on some phones the GPS tends to freeze occasionally.
But restarting the game and/or phone usually fixes this indeed!

2 hours ago, Masonic32 said:

It crashes the games but restarts automatically.  No result message and doesn't change the amount charges. It seems as if is capturing the barcode too fast.

Does this happen every time or were you able to scrap at least something?

I will be trying to reproduce the problem and find a solution, but every little bit of information helps. ;) 

• 3 months later...

Sorry guys, I know this issue has been with us for quite a while; the problem is that it only happens on very specific devices, but despite the fact that I already have a complete list of those I don't actually possess any of them yet for testing & debugging. :)

As soon as that happens and I get my hands on any of the phones crashing during the scrap process I will fix the bug and release a fix ASAP! ;)

• 1 month later...

I am having problems with getting scrap. I go to scrap items and then click scan barcode. The camera pops up and I go to try and scan the barcode of a couple of different things , but it is not scanning the barcode. Ughhh I have a 2014 Motorola Moto E Android phone. Can you fix this issue.

13 hours ago, Rednecksergent said:

I am having problems with getting scrap. I go to scrap items and then click scan barcode. The camera pops up and I go to try and scan the barcode of a couple of different things , but it is not scanning the barcode. Ughhh I have a 2014 Motorola Moto E Android phone. Can you fix this issue.

Just to clarify: does the camera view close (and you return back to the "Scrap Items" window within the game) after you focus on a barcode?
Or the focus never actually picks up the barcode and the camera view remains active indefinitely?

If the latter, I'm afraid some devices just don't have cameras compliant with the barcode recognition functionality; there's nothing I can do, unfortunately!
But if the camera view *does* close (i.e. the barcode gets recognized) then it is a game-specific issue that I need to investigate.

5 hours ago, Rednecksergent said:

So is there anything you can do like make the scanner to where it has the option to adjust the focus on the scanner in game so that those cameras that are not compliant will be able to scan then? ... Sure you can add a focus adjust to the scanner in The game for this issue.......

Can you move your camera around until you "match" your focus with the barcode?

Sure it's easier for you to play around with your camera than for a developer to stop working on updates that affect lots of people to implement something just for you and maybe 1-2 other players with Motorola?