Domination: Earth

1.9.1 Land Interaction Update

Mr. D

Hi all,

Those who've upgraded "Domination: Earth" to version 1.9.1 (available on the Play Store and App Store now) will soon notice a new button on the "Earth View" and some text changes on the other tabs.

But first things first, what's new!

• It is no longer possible to capture land within lands of your allies.
    This has been done to increase the significance of all your possessed lands, and to make it clearer who's the boss around a particular territory. :)
    After all, no two countries can share the same piece of land in the real world!

So if you and your allies are currently occupying the same spot, you will not be able to expand these lands further unless one of you terminates the alliance (in which case your land upgrades start to deal damage to the underlying enemy lands) or...

• It is now possible to make offers on lands of other players and purchase them!
    So if you're keen on keeping your alliance intact, but want to expand a piece of land blocked by another person, you can now offer to purchase the blocking land in exchange for some resources (any amount of any resource).
    "Purchase Land" and "Trade Management" options are available from the new context menu button on "Earth View".

We've thought long and hard about this feature, as it's been mentioned in the past that all inter-player trades are off the table due to the fact that we encourage people to explore real world & travel, not ask for resources on the forum or try to find rich sponsors to advance through the game. :) 
    However, we've decided that Land Trade can still be allowed as you cannot offer resources to someone who doesn't have any lands (i.e. they'd still have to explore real world first and build lands in all the right places to benefit from the trade :)), plus to pay for the offer you'd have to go out and collect some resources first.

• It is now possible to upgrade maximum level lands further than level 100 by merging the surrounding lands of maximum level (100+).
    It is still impossible to increase size of a level 100 land by using "Capture Land" within a 500m radius from its center, but as soon as any piece of land touching the level 100's border (or located within) reaches level 100 it will automatically become part of the larger land, increasing its level by 100.
    Each building that used to exist on the smaller land will disappear, awarding your base with one additional level up point per building level.
    I.e. merging a land that has a level 5 sandbag wall on it will reward your base with +5 points.

• Each land now has a unique name provided to us by Google Places!
    This doesn't affect all lands that have been captured until this point, but upgrading them will update their name as well.

This means that if you capture a piece of land while sitting in a "Mr. Dragon's Pub" your land will most likely be named "Mr. Dragon's Pub" too. ;) 

As always, please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions or run into any issues!

All feedback is also very much welcome. :) 

• Thanks 2

I just grew land of mine with overlap of another of mine (that is level 100), but nothing happend?

Also am i right in assuming that the merger land that that is over a 100 wil not be able to grow further?  Except by mergers?

This will soon limit the capture of New lands.... (there are only so many places one goes), anyway just a thought this

1 hour ago, The one true king said:

I just grew land of mine with overlap of another of mine (that is level 100), but nothing happend?

Hmm... I will investigate, hold on!
But if you stumble upon any other bugs I'd be grateful if you could post about them in the "Technical Support" forum to keep things nice and organized (please don't put everything in the news announcement thread). ;)

Also am i right in assuming that the merger land that that is over a 100 wil not be able to grow further?  Except by mergers?

That's correct!

This will soon limit the capture of New lands.... (there are only so many places one goes), anyway just a thought this

If you have expanded all of your lands to level 100 and there isn't a single uncaptured piece of land in your city left then I must say I am impressed. :)
However, our rules still remain!
Domination is all about capturing Earth by real-world exploration, not capturing Earth by going to the same routine places over and over again; there's only so much you can do from home and your office chair, and that is by design. :)

If you could capture the entire planet without leaving your city, how would the game encourage travels?
It also wouldn't be fair to those who actually do go abroad to establish new bases. ;)

2 hours ago, The one true king said:

Just did it again and still nothing merged...

I've checked your lands and the only two potential candidates for merging I can see are in The Hague: one of your lands is level 100, another - level 72.

Once level 72 becomes level 100 it will merge with the second level 100 land nearby (i.e. both lands have to be level 100 ;)).

Please note that this doesn't work with bases: only regular lands can merge with each other!

45 minutes ago, The one true king said:

Ah they both have to be 100? 

Okey that will also make them a lot larger & it means they will not swollow other lands that would fall in it? Interesting hoe it will go!

Yup! :)
You can still capture smaller lands around that area, they only become part of the larger land when they reach 100.

Sorry if I didn't explain it clearer last time! :)