Domination: Earth

1.10 Combat Update

Mr. D

Dear Players,

Please upgrade to version 1.10 of Domination Earth on the Play/App Store ASAP - due to the introduction of new combat mechanics it will not be possible to attack enemies using your army anymore under the original version - a crucial part of the game right? Don’t fear though, it’s all to make Domination Earth more challenging and fun!

Details of new gameplay and tactics here - take note!

• It is no longer possible to attack enemy lands "in bulk" using target lists from "My Lands. Instead, there is a new menu option on "Earth View" titled "Attack Land", which works similarly to "Trade Land": after you select it simply tap on any visible enemy land and an army from your nearest base will be dispatched to attack the chosen land. The "Target Lands" and "Target Bases" buttons no longer exist.

• Since the new combat targeting system requires you to actually see what you're attacking and we know your visibility is fairly limited by default, there is a new page provided to assist with this process: "Tracked Players" (available in the side menu). Add players by name (similar to the Alliance page) or by tapping the "Track Player" button on the "Messages" page. Once you add any player (ally or enemy) you can view their lands within your base's reach.

• Ongoing battles are now displayed on "Earth View" using a red marker with an army icon on it. You can view progress in these battles by tapping on such markers directly (a shortcut for "My Lands" -> "Army Controls" -> "Defence Status"/"Combat Progress").

• All bases now act as primary and remain invisible by default until you attack someone.

• It is no longer possible to destroy any base - only reduce it to level 1 (with 0 health/ level points).Until then, the level 1 base will remain invisible and be impossible to attack regardless of the war status, until it reaches level 2 again.

• It is no longer possible to destroy any land, only reduce it to level 1. Level 1 lands can be captured using your army: if all the defensive structures are destroyed and the defenders are slain, your army will take control of the level 1 land after the next attack wave. Attack buildings (Guard Tower, Missile Launcher, Nuclear Silo) are now even more useful as they can help destroy walls and defences before your army reaches the targeted land and captures it.

We’ve also reviewed the way players use their items and the most common strategy is not collecting individual resources by travelling to them, but staying on a base, accumulating a large number of items (e.g. magnets), activating them all at once and then collecting without leaving the comfort of your home.

This is against the core principle of "Domination: Earth", so now:

• It is no longer possible to activate more than 10 items.

• It is no longer possible to activate items while being present on a base. Being on a base allows creating new items and picking things up from the warehouse, but you won't be able to activate any items straight away.

Additionally, capturing maximum level lands repeatedly (i.e. seeing the "Your land is at maximum possible level." without actually making any progress) should no longer generate additional resources on this land's territory.

As always, please post if you have any questions or feedback! ;)

• Like 1

Yup, sorry, translation texts take a while to synchronise; they're separate from the app updates (all new texts should be in your app by tomorrow). ;)

But this message refers to my latest post:

45 minutes ago, Mr. D said:
  • It is no longer possible to activate items while being present on a base. Being on a base allows creating new items and picking things up from the warehouse, but you won't be able to activate any items straight away.

So the "NOT_BASE" message is actually supposed to say:

"You cannot activate items so close to your base! Please leave the base territory and try again."

or:

"Нельзя активировать вещи, находясь так близко к базе! Пожалуйста, выйдите за пределы базы и попробуйте снова." :) 

So now I almost don't have options for attacks as there are no active players in my city. What is the base attack distance? is it that 100 km radius? Will I see any enemy base in that radius or I need to capture land near enemy land first?

I've added a player located in the city about 460 km from me for tracking (this player was under my attacks before). There are no my bases/lands there. Does it give me anything? I still cannot see his lands after tapping locate button in tracking dialog. Just no any reaction, same map is displayed.

By the way how could that player (Radfar) capture 775.103 sq.km? Recently it was just 2-3 sq.km. I suspect cheating.

What is the difference between attacking the land using left menu and attacks using Guard Tower? Very Confusing.

18 hours ago, Mr. D said:

Additionally, capturing maximum level lands repeatedly (i.e. seeing the "Your land is at maximum possible level." without actually making any progress) should no longer generate additional resources on this land's territory.

Euhm but when lands are merged the area where no resources appear becomes quite huge as well... Will you still het random resources on those lands?

8 hours ago, AntKeeper said:

So now I almost don't have options for attacks as there are no active players in my city. What is the base attack distance? is it that 100 km radius? Will I see any enemy base in that radius or I need to capture land near enemy land first?

That's correct, base attack radius is 100km (the large circle appearing when you zoom out Earth View really far).
You will see all enemy lands located within that radius (and bases, if you fought that player within last 24 hours) via the tracking facility, or all lands around your current position in a 5km radius.
If you tap on a tracked player and nothing changes this means that they have no lands within 100km from your base (it may be a good idea to travel around a bit and establish more bases!).

I realize that it's harder for you to find enemies now, but we're working on adding more features to help with that area. ;)
We can't go back to the old system as it was too easy to wipe out someone on the opposite end of the globe previously; many of our players left the game as they've lost everything due to a "bulk attack" by a few of our veteran players with thousands of soldiers.
So enjoy the solitude while it's there and prepare your army for when the neighbours are closer! :)

By the way how could that player (Radfar) capture 775.103 sq.km? Recently it was just 2-3 sq.km. I suspect cheating.

Unfortunately, until yesterday we've had a slight bug in our system which didn't consider certain lands in the total area calculation.
We've fixed that, so the system is now going through all available lands and adding them all up to make sure nothing's skipped: it's entirely possible that someone's total area would jump up! ;) 
I'm not going to reveal all lands of this player, but they do have at least one land of level 87 (435m radius). Please feel free to check my math, but that land alone is approx. 594 sq. km (so 775 sq. km doesn't sound too far fetched)!

What is the difference between attacking the land using left menu and attacks using Guard Tower? Very Confusing.

Attacks of Guard Tower, Missile Launcher and Nuclear Silo target everything around them (you can't pick one target manually) and destroy defensive structures and levels.
However, once everything is destroyed and the land level is reduced to 1 there's nothing else these buildings can do.
They also cannot kill anyone from the army stationed on a base.

Armies are also capable of destroying defensive structures, but they do it a lot slower: e.g. it only takes a couple of missiles to bring down a concrete wall (which can be done in less than 15 minutes), but an army would need at least 10 rounds (100 minutes) to remove a wall of level 1.
But once there are no defences and no defending army in place, an army will capture a level 1 land and link it to your base (i.e. taking over the territory).
And of course, army attack is the only way to slay another player's army. :)

I hope that helps!

As for magnet stacking I didn't know about this and was sure 300 m is the maximum. So we are still able to collect all resources at once from 3 km radius, aren't we? 

You can, but you won't be able to do it straight from your base anymore and you would need to accumulate enough magnets first.
But I agree, perhaps certain items should have a stacking limits between themselves.
We'll keep observing this situation and if the same "lazy" patterns continue we will of course come up with a different solution. ;)

2 hours ago, The one true king said:

Euhm but when lands are merged the area where no resources appear becomes quite huge as well... Will you still het random resources on those lands?

Random resources will appear on their territory (it's not going to be a land devoid of all resources :)), but they will appear from different triggers: other people playing nearby, your other lands growing, bases getting upgrades etc.
You just won't get anything extra from trying to capture the maximum level land and seeing "Your land is at maximum possible level."

14 hours ago, Mr. D said:

I hope that helps!

Yes, thank you, that's clear now.

14 hours ago, Mr. D said:

they do have at least one land of level 87 (435m radius). Please feel free to check my math, but that land alone is approx. 594 sq. km (so 775 sq. km doesn't sound too far fetched)!

It seems to be incorrect as radius is in meters and area is in kilometers. Maybe just wrong units are displayed? Then is looks realistic. Just imagine 594 sq.km area. It is the same as a square with 594 km side!

Ok, please ignore any previous discussions related to land area; source of confusion has been found and eliminated. :)

Indeed, we've had the correct value displayed in the game all this time, but it was in a different unit.
The issue should now be resolved. ;) 

5 hours ago, Black Panther said:

I don't like that anyone that can just take my land that I am not near... I rather have the other player destroy the defense on it rather than taking it over.

Defences still have to be destroyed and the land's level dropped to 1 before the takeover can happen (and your army can still defend all of your lands, even if you aren't nearby); the key difference is that before the land would be simply gone and now you actually have a chance to get it back. :)

I.e. in the old version a nuclear blast would wipe all of your lands out and you'd have to physically travel to every single of those spots again to re-capture lost lands (which we thought isn't much fun!).
In the new version not only you get to keep all your collected lands no matter the blast size, you can also re-capture any of the lands that got taken over by using your army. ;)