Domination: Earth

FoT changes?

BrianK

I don't know if this is intentional, but I haven't seen a post about it. I've noticed:

1. The seven day waiting period on the return of an FoT base after it has been destroyed has gone away. 

2. The 60 minute wait after attacking an FoT land seems to have gone away too. I just attacked one only about two minutes after the previous battle ended. 

No game logic changes without an announcement, so no changes here. :)

12 hours ago, BrianK said:

1. The seven day waiting period on the return of an FoT base after it has been destroyed has gone away. 

The seven day waiting period is not global, but applies to the destroyed base's area only.
Sometimes FoT has multiple bases with intersecting territories, in which case all of them have to be destroyed for it to go away completely.

Otherwise destroying an FoT base somewhere in Antarctica would disable the FoT activity in rest of the world and that would be a fairly boring game. :)

7 hours ago, BrianK said:

Well, maybe not that fast (immediate), but I can attack again well under an hour.

What about your characters and item bonuses?
The skill of Logistics can seriously decrease that cooldown.

7 hours ago, BrianK said:

I also noticed that I could attack FoT right after it attacked me. That hasn't been possible before, either. 

Being attacked by others does not trigger the army cooldown for you.
I don't think that's ever been the case, as that is too easy to abuse (I shouldn't be able to prevent you from attacking others by attacking your land and instantly retreating, for example).
So counter-attacks are always allowed. ;)

And once again, the army cooldown applies to each base individually, so having an enemy land in the intersection of 3 bases (for example) allows you to attack that land three times.
Not sure if this applies to your situation, but mentioning it just in case!

9 hours ago, Mr. D said:

The seven day waiting period is not global, but applies to the destroyed base's area only.
Sometimes FoT has multiple bases with intersecting territories, in which case all of them have to be destroyed for it to go away completely.

No, these have been bases reappearing in roughly the same area. They are in an area where I have other base areas overlapping it, but I have only been active in the area of one base for the last few weeks. The FoT bases aren't just for me, though - are they? Could they be for other players? I don't have any other players active in my area that I know about, though.

9 hours ago, Mr. D said:

What about your characters and item bonuses?
The skill of Logistics can seriously decrease that cooldown.

Ah, that explains it. I hadn't noticed that before. I had noticed the cooldown on construction had sped up significantly.

9 hours ago, Mr. D said:

Being attacked by others does not trigger the army cooldown for you.

That's not what I meant. I was able to initiate an attack against FoT while I was still being attacked by it. Previously, it would say "your base is already involved in combat" or something like that. That said, when I tried to repeat it a little while later, I did get that message. So, perhaps it was a timing issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 9:19 PM, BrianK said:

No, these have been bases reappearing in roughly the same area. They are in an area where I have other base areas overlapping it, but I have only been active in the area of one base for the last few weeks. The FoT bases aren't just for me, though - are they? Could they be for other players? I don't have any other players active in my area that I know about, though.

Sorry for a delay in response, it's been a crazy couple of weeks. 🙂

Correct, FoT is triggered by everyone and its bases are shared by all players. There are all kinds of crazy overlaps happening that are quite hard to trace, so it is difficult for me to comment on what happened in your particular case. It could really be a one-off corner case / unique base placement combo (since all coordinates are randomized).
But please let me know if you start seeing FoT bases stacked too close to each other on a regular basis. ;)

On 10/27/2021 at 9:19 PM, BrianK said:

That's not what I meant. I was able to initiate an attack against FoT while I was still being attacked by it. Previously, it would say "your base is already involved in combat" or something like that. That said, when I tried to repeat it a little while later, I did get that message. So, perhaps it was a timing issue.

Right!
We ran into a couple of combat-related server-side errors at the end of October that were immediately fixed afterwards, so it could very likely be that. :)
Please let me know if it happens again though.