Domination: Earth

Game Development Ideas

Franzol

Hello,

I have a few ideas on how to improve the game:

1. Make unobtainum obtainable in small amounts through adds or rare deposits (mostly in natural areas away from cities possibly).

2. Decrease the are in which the captured land is applied to a certain flag. In small town, like where I’m from, I can be in another location, and the land will be captured for a flag far in a different part of town.

3. Leaderboards (city, state, country) and a way to see how much land we control.

4. Add storage to production facilities and allow resources to be produced in bases.This allows for people not to be held back because they need to sleep.

5. Vacation mode.

Thank you both for the ideas! :) 

4 hours ago, Franzol said:

1. Make unobtainum obtainable in small amounts through adds or rare deposits (mostly in natural areas away from cities possibly).

I am planning to arrange some sort of rare in-game events that would lead to acquisition of unobtainium, just need to work out the details. :)
We've created an Unobtainium Mine building for that purpose, which isn't normally accessible but will be used for any activities like that.

2. Decrease the are in which the captured land is applied to a certain flag. In small town, like where I’m from, I can be in another location, and the land will be captured for a flag far in a different part of town.

Are you referring to the radius that allows upgrading the same land (instead of creating a new flag) or the fact that sometimes after checking in in one place (with no existing flags nearby) a new flag appears in a different location?
If the latter, I'm afraid GPS accuracy depends purely on the device and cell coverage in your area (the better the coverage, the more accurate the results).
But if you are talking about land upgrades, the reason why you can't create new flags within the 500m radius is that on level 100 (maximum level for one individual flag) that territory is going to be fully covered by the upgraded land. In other words, even if you have gaps between flags right now your town will be 100% yours when your lands reach maximum level. :) 

3. Leaderboards (city, state, country) and a way to see how much land we control.

We are definitely going to have leaderboards on the website eventually! :) Just need some time to develop that. ;) 
But did you know that when you zoom out the map really far all flags and resources disappear, but a binocular icon appears in each country instead, showing the current country statistics (including name of the country leader and their land size)?

4. Add storage to production facilities and allow resources to be produced in bases.This allows for people not to be held back because they need to sleep.

Do I understand correctly that you're referring to automating resource collection? E.g. you build a Refinery, which allows collecting Supplies on a base, but then don't have to click on "Collect Resources" manually when you sleep? :) 

5. Vacation mode.

We do have something like that!
In 7 days after you stop playing your bases and lands disappear completely and cannot be attacked or damaged in any way until you come back.
Once you login everything reappears and things return to normal.
I could add a manual trigger to allow enabling this mode sooner than in 7 days, but I fear that this feature will be abused: e.g. someone attacks a nearby player with their entire army, loses the war and in fear of retaliation from the defending player enables "vacation mode" to prevent enemies destroying their base. :) That wouldn't be entirely fair, I think!
Any suggestions on how to improve this area are welcome though!

1 hour ago, Queen Lina said:

2. The Air Force and navy if you have a sea port

Sounds like a good idea for an expansion! :)
Will add this to my task list and have a think about how this could work!

1 hour ago, Queen Lina said:

3. A Communication channel for the alliance"s

I was hoping that as this is a mobile game and the alliance usually consists of a group of friends who know each other in real life, real-time communication would be based on 3rd party apps like "Messenger", while players unfamiliar with each other could arrange meetings and alliances on the forum.
The problem with adding in-game chat is that it requires monitoring to prevent verbal abuse, spam and other sorts of unpleasantries. :)
But unfortunately, we're a little short of staff right now to add a 24/7 chat moderation (there are fewer than 5 of us currently :)). However, this is definitely something we'll consider as we start growing!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea... Maybe you can add this function: send the army to the extraction of the resource. Perhaps it is worth limiting the range. For example, within a radius of 5 km from the base.
In my opinion the only difficulty is that we will have to add the possibility of transferring the units of the army from the main base to their other lands.
It is also worth considering the load-carrying capacity of units in this case.

Thank you for your interest :)

24 minutes ago, BumpyKnuckles said:

in game communication would be great at meeting people and spur more people to stay on longer

Yes, but as I mentioned a few posts above:

On 03/10/2017 at 9:20 AM, Mr. D said:

I was hoping that as this is a mobile game and the alliance usually consists of a group of friends who know each other in real life, real-time communication would be based on 3rd party apps like "Messenger", while players unfamiliar with each other could arrange meetings and alliances on the forum.
The problem with adding in-game chat is that it requires monitoring to prevent verbal abuse, spam and other sorts of unpleasantries. :)
But unfortunately, we're a little short of staff right now to add a 24/7 chat moderation (there are fewer than 5 of us currently :)). However, this is definitely something we'll consider as we start growing!

The key issue with chat is moderation. :) 
As soon as we have more staff available we'll start introducing means to communicate in the game. ;) 

On October 3, 2017 at 12:35 AM, Queen Lina said:

1. make the land connect and actually so at territorial border

2. The Air Force and navy if you have a sea port

3. A Communication channel for the alliance"s

I agree with the comms channel for alliances. I don't want to talk to my partners on the forum. That would be a strong addition to the game for sure. I'm not a fan of chat, but a message system would be good (sending mail through the messages tab). 

Edited by Locust

• 3 weeks later...

I would really like to have an alliance system where people could join alliances instead of making 1:1 relations. These alliances could have some kind of treasury where members could donate resources to build alliance structure which give all members bonuses like x%+ on resource collection, (very small) passive resource generation etc. Also wars and pacts between these alliances would be really nice.

I agree with you that we dont really need an ingame chat, but something like an auto generated log for alliances would be nice. This could include predefined "pings" like sharing specific locations to plan alliance actions and would offer some basic comm tools without the need to moderate it.

Edited by SebRut
  • Like 2

I really like that you can go out with your allies and capture land or collect resources together. But when it comes to semi permanent stations you have to decide who is gonna claim it. I would appreciate if it would be possible to claim them together (at the same time) or similar sharing like with the other resources. I think this coul  be more motivating for allied players to go outside and play together.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

I really like that you can go out with your allies and capture land or collect resources together. But when it comes to semi permanent stations you have to decide who is gonna claim it. I would appreciate if it would be possible to claim them together (at the same time) or similar sharing like with the other resources. I think this coul  be more motivating for allied players to go outside and play together.

Makes sense, will have a think about this!

41 minutes ago, SebRut said:

I would really like to have an alliance system where people could join alliances instead of making 1:1 relations. These alliances could have some kind of treasury where members could donate resources to build alliance structure which give all members bonuses like x%+ on resource collection, (very small) passive resource generation etc. Also wars and pacts between these alliances would be really nice.

I agree with you that we dont really need an ingame chat, but something like an auto generated log for alliances would be nice. This could include predefined "pings" like sharing specific locations to plan alliance actions and would offer some basic comm tools without the need to moderate it.

The "chat-less" communication channel is a great idea! That would solve lots of issues we'd face with a traditional chat box.
Will definitely add this to the list of things to contemplate! :) 

In regard to the alliance concept as a whole: I can confirm that it is planned as a future expansion, but due to the size of this development it's not going to be released in the next few weeks+. But I will keep you posted about any developments in that area! ;) 

47 minutes ago, The one true king said:

Hey all!

I was wondering if it is possible to see how many lands you own? Just a totaa in the main base perhaps? 

Ah, that's a very reasonable request. :) 
There's a bit of functionality planned in the near future that includes land-specific enhancements: it will be possible to rename certain lands and generally have some more control over them. I'll make sure to include the captured statistics in that release as well!

• Thanks 2

Great! I can still calculate it since it is just shy of 50, but it gives a Nice idea compared to the biggest ones around 😆

Also; maybe it is me, But when you are further away i cannot see the lands of the neighbour? I see them when i am fysically near by, but it does not make sense i would forgot them??? (Perhaps just showing all the  of your allies would also make sense?)

By default you only see all of your own lands and enemy lands within a 5km radius around your current position and bases.
However, you can select any of your captured lands (by tapping on the green flag or a building), then tap again on the description tooltip and that will "re-focus" camera around that land, showing enemies & allies in a 5km radius around the selected object.

This is done to prevent the game from crashing, as displaying all of the existing lands and resources would consume 100% of memory available on any device. :)

12 hours ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

If there is a player WHO start inside another players border IT Will be considerd a riot or a civil war. Mabye make news or something

That's an interesting idea!
It's also been suggested to me recently that we should block capturing of lands within another player's territory if there are defensive structures in place (such as Guard Tower).
I think we'll implement some of these new mechanics in the near future, as the ideas make perfect sense. :)

12 hours ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

I am trying to get people to join the game and i am Also sending feedback om what i think the game needs but is there any other way i can help without sending money. Mabye colab with your team in some way. Mabye an support guy

As I mentioned in the other thread, we are really grateful for any help we can get; our team is really small. :)
As we don't have an in-game chat there's no in-game moderation required, but we definitely appreciate your testing & bug reports, and will support any YouTube channels and game-related videos you can make! ;)

If you do something like that please PM me with a link so that we knew about those resources and could reward you for your efforts! :) 

1 hour ago, The one true king said:

There is something strange for  the country leader board... it is leader by the most bits of land ones, right? But it does not show that number, of shows the m2?

This seems a  bit strange to me? They are different things...

Nope, the number of individual lands doesn't matter (as they're all different size)!
Country leader is the person with the greatest combined square mileage of all lands, hence that "km2" number in brackets - that's what is important. ;) 

All right another idea...

Our armie  can move in the radius of out base, would it not make sense if you could just select one of the lands you own and let a specific one grow in stead of just the one where you are? Claiming a new one should indeed be fine by going there, but growing them might be as allochtone resources to a destination? This would allow people an easier growth and you could grow your lands in other bases making world domination possible...

I don't think that this would be a good idea.
When I look at my own land and imagine I could upgrade everything remotely, I would capture my whole city and surroundings within a few days. With new players joining the game constantly this would give them very little chance of challenging the "older" players.
Something like that should if realized be very expensive concerning that it is somehow against the games spirit (walking around and explore your surroundings). So, one would only use it for very remote locations he might never get to again.

The only thing I would suggest in this direction would be to be able to choose which land to upgrade within the known 500 meter radius but not only your nearest land thus having farther to move close to your lands to upgrade them.

• Like 1

Let me explain why I think my suggestion would make sence.

Imagine you are visiting a theme park or zoo or something similar near to you where you had to pay to enter. You capture one land within the park but also on the streets around it.
Later you could always be able to go to this park and upgrade the land around it. At one point all your land around it would be at level 100. You are less than 500 meters away of the captured piece of land within the park but you will never be able to upgrade it (because the land around it might be nearer) unless you pay to enter the park and upgrade it from within.

I think situations like this could be problematic but I have indeed no idea how to solve this properly or even if there is a need to solve this.