Domination: Earth

Game Development Ideas

Franzol

I have to agree with Ruvox on that one!

Domination's goal is to get people outside and as far from home as possible, not "inside" by introducing more ways to do everything remotely. :) 

There will be some game mechanics changes in the near future that "sort of" add a couple more ways to capture lands remotely (but still requiring large amounts of resources that have to be picked up manually first), but that only applies to areas already visited; it will not be possible to capture a piece of North Pole without physically going there. :)

Anyway, stay tuned for updates! ;) 

I think there should be a limit on how much unobtainium you can buy within a certain time period.  My concern is that I don't want it to be a pay to win game. I myself probably will buy unobtainium, but I would be more likely to if there was a limit. I really like the subscriptions, and I think if there were those, and maybe a monthly limit on how much you can buy instantly, that would keep it from being a pay to win game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14-11-2017 at 11:24 AM, Mr. D said:

Nope, the number of individual lands doesn't matter (as they're all different size)!
Country leader is the person with the greatest combined square mileage of all lands, hence that "km2" number in brackets - that's what is important. ;) 

Sorry I could not help it... I once more thought about the country stats. The current number seems about right when it is m2 (not km2), basically 1000 now would be 1km2. Perhaps you should delete the "k" there ?🤔

On 10/3/2017 at 4:20 AM, Mr. D said:

I could add a manual trigger to allow enabling this mode sooner than in 7 days, but I fear that this feature will be abused: e.g. someone attacks a nearby player with their entire army, loses the war and in fear of retaliation from the defending player enables "vacation mode" to prevent enemies destroying their base. :) That wouldn't be entirely fair, I think!
Any suggestions on how to improve this area are welcome though!

There could be a way around this. You could make it so that you can't enter vacation mode for 7 days after you attack somebody. The same would go for the retaliating player. That would allow ample amount of time for the attacked player to retaliate.

Another idea. When it comes to collecting resources outside of your reach limit, there could be a special operations building that produces "extraction teams." With this building, you could sent your team out to gather resources. This would have to be heavily regulated though, maybe make it so you can only do it once every 24 hours, and only when located at the base. Other buildings you could add are vehicle depots, airports, and naval stations (If located near water.) These buildings would allow faster movement of troops between areas as well as help with firepower and defense. When one of these buildings is complete you can upgrade your extraction team to use a vehicle to grab resources, each vehicle from your depots allowing for different speeds, distances, and terrain. Again, only allowing this to happen once a day. The extraction team could also be moved to different lands (movement times needed) and maybe allow one team for every lvl. 100 land.

11 hours ago, The one true king said:

Sorry I could not help it... I once more thought about the country stats. The current number seems about right when it is m2 (not km2), basically 1000 now would be 1km2. Perhaps you should delete the "k" there ?🤔

I feel like this question has appeared in far too many places already. :)
I've responded in the following thread:

4 hours ago, Mclainj said:

Another idea. When it comes to collecting resources outside of your reach limit, there could be a special operations building that produces "extraction teams." With this building, you could sent your team out to gather resources.

Extraction teams are actually what the Tracking Satellite unlocks. :)
However, we feel that right now it's not being as useful as it could be, so there will be an update in the future that changes the way this satellite works.
I think it will be somewhat similar to what you're proposing!

As for ports, aerial bases etc. - I've mentioned in the past that I like that idea, but it is a fairly large expansion. :)
We'll definitely do it, just not this week! :D

Ok, I see where the confusion is coming from!

I apologize, I was under the impression that you're getting a different value in meters, hence the discussion. :)

I see it now; the problem is indeed in conversion from square meters to square kilometers, which in my case lacked 3 zeros!

That's my bad, sorry! :) 

So to reiterate: we have the correct value of the land area in the app, but the new server-side formula was indeed sending value in a wrong unit; this has been fixed just now. ;) 

• Thanks 1

Hey I have a few suggestions, we should be able to delete city's we don't want,  people Should not be able to claim land in an area you've claimed, there should be a tab to see how much land you have (as in area), also we should be able to see all of our claims on the my land And construction tab, and I have stacked city's that I cannot get rid of because of people Claiming on top of my city. Also we should be able to sign in with Google + on the forum, I had to make a new account to comment 

Edited by Bryaniscool

18 minutes ago, Eerienkah said:

I thought the guard tower should help with that....?

That's correct! :) 

In general, you can't really capture lands within lands of other players: if you're allies with that person you'll see an error message straight away (suggesting to purchase or invade that land instead), and whenever enemies capture lands within each other's territory it is considered to be an invasion. Repeat captures of either of those lands will cause damage to the opposite one, and as soon as one of them drops to level 1 you can capture it using your army.

However, we're constantly working on new features in that area, so it's quite possible that there will be additional functionality helping to control other players within your lands. :)

Everything else makes sense and as I posted somewhere above, personal land statistics are in our task list! ;)