Domination: Earth

some ideas and corrections

maximus43

Hi, all.

After played game few days, i hav some idaes.

1. (Pic1). When i'm stand at the blue piont. I can upgrade the land "Two". But then the land "two" have a maximum level of the current buildings. I can't bulding new element from blue point. I'm must out from the circle of the land "one". Bulding new element and continue upgrade land "two". I thing will be good, if the land showed on the picture as a wave  belonged to the land "two".

2. about warehouse. For examole. I have 10/10 items in player and 10 items (lev 1 warehouse ) on the warehouse. I can't make the change items between the player and the warehouse. I must go out from the base, use 1,2,3 items and after returne to the base and make a rotation of items. I think it's absurd.

earth position.PNG

I know what you mean regarding item swapping in the warehouse; I don't know how we'd implement the swap when both inventories are full yet (UI-wise), but we'll have a think. :)

As for lands, I believe it shouldn't matter which land you're actually standing on, as the construction-related targeting is based purely on the distance from a land's centre (i.e. nearest center is selected, regardless of the land size).
So if in your case when standing on a blue dot you can't select "land two" for construction, then you must be too far (500m+) from its center.

However, we are currently reviewing an alternative option of land selection for construction, so it's possible that this situation will change in the future!
I'll keep you posted! ;) 

• Thanks 2

The reason why both lands have to be level 100 in order to merge is because there are certain building requirements to advance past a specific level threshold: e.g. you need to build something to reach level 11, then you need another building for a level 20+ and so on.

If we allow lands to merge earlier then this aspect becomes imbalanced: it's really hard to advance to level 91 because of all the upgrade costs, but it's much easier to build only a couple of things and reach level 30 (or better yet, create lots of free level 10 lands and have them merge - why bother building stuff at all?).

Accordingly, if the low-level land merge becomes possible the game's focus will shift towards creating more low-level lands around the only level 100 you've created, instead of growing all of them at the same time and spending resources on upgrades.

Please let me know if that doesn't make sense. :)

@MR.D I hear you. But i have some objections.

1. I think , that' s no any strategies in this model of game. Day to day you go to the work and  back, level up 1,2,3 point that's all.

2. example. yesterday on the run i am captured and upgrade my lands. But i can't stand and wite 15 minutes for next up becouse: first - it's run, second -  a little cold  -15С. And i think. a lot of people upgrade lands near home or work and lose interest in the game.

I think . Must be  anothe model of progress in the game.

Maby .....

the ability to create multiple armies in one base and distribute them to their land for protection and attack.

army consist from (for example) solders, cars, tank..... and anothe. maby show army and their track on the map. different troops have different strength speed and range.

as for land.

maby capture the land possible if yuo have  a specific resource (example - 1000 money, 100 - people .....) In this moment you build a headquarters. Nex step . You must make a logistik line between the base and the land. increasing the area of land to the extent of building on it. For example, a warehouse, a fence. perimeter security points, Towers.

The player will be interested in building and collecting resources. Will not be tied to time. Will consistently develop and strengthen the land which he is interested

ideas.PNG

There will undoubtedly be more features in the future that relate to army and building types; combat will be more diverse in the future and it is entirely possible that we'll introduce some sort of connections between bases. ;)

However, changing the entire gameplay model to be based around users playing from home and work only is really not something we're interested in. :)
As you've correctly pointed out, there are lots of games focused on exactly that; no other strategy requires you to leave home to advance in it.

And the idea behind Domination was not to make another game like everyone else's, but to offer new incentives to leave your home. This is something I quite enjoy personally: with "Domination: Earth" I've discovered lots of interesting places around my town and county that I've never had a reason to visit before.
And this reason dissipates if I can achieve the same results without leaving my house or the office. :)

So despite all the new functionality, unit types and remote base management possibilities that we still plan to add, I have to warn you that it'll never be possible to conquer all of Earth in this game while only travelling from home to work and back again. :) 

• Like 2

I'm not saying that you do not need to travel. I just wanted to change the model of the land's progress. Maybe. untie it from time. After all, for example, the time at +25 degrees and at -20 is felt differently.)  And even when traveling. It is unlikely that the player can find 25 hours of time for the development of the land. 

Edited by maximus43

As I said, there are many additional features planned for that aspect. ;)
We can't change anything in an instant (at least because there's only 1 developer in this team :)), but there will be additions to the land capture and expansion mechanics (and buildings that affect it).

However, you may be surprised to know about what time players can find! :)
We have several players with multiple lands of level greater than 200 (i.e. at least 4 level 100 lands)!

I like the developers' intention to make players walk and visit new places. That's why I play such games. But there are many games where random resources appear on the map and/or you can capture territory and attack others. And that's all. After several weeks of playing it became too boring. Especially if there are no other players in the city. So I hope you will implement something that would make the game more like chess adding logistics, realistic army movements. One of the scenarios is to make players reach some location before enemy army to protect it, or even intercept enemy army in some point and destroy, or supply own/friendly army. I'd like to see all my lands like united empire not just a set of separated circles. I like the latest idea about merging lands but It would take a lot of time to check it. Unfortunately walking doesn't speed it up so it stimulates sitting in the same location upgrading single land, not walking.

• Like 2

Just something else... i keep wondering hey i cannot see the lands of someone who attacks me? (Especially since they usually withdrawl before they arrive)

They should be in the attack circle of my bases, but hoe realistic is it that you do not see where someone come from? 

I'd say that you should at least get to see the are the nearest land? This would also make people see each other a bit more? 

2 hours ago, The one true king said:

Just something else... i keep wondering hey i cannot see the lands of someone who attacks me? (Especially since they usually withdrawl before they arrive)

They should be in the attack circle of my bases, but hoe realistic is it that you do not see where someone come from? 

I'd say that you should at least get to see the are the nearest land? This would also make people see each other a bit more? 

Have you tried the Track Player button?

• Thanks 1

Eerienkah is correct!
You can see anyone within your base's 100km radius, especially if they attack you as the "Track Player" button appears underneath each attack-related message. ;)

Once you hit "Track Player" visit the "Tracked Players" tab and tap on that person's name to see them on the map.

19 hours ago, The one true king said:

I tried the track player.. at once and it shows no lands, but now  that i am at that base it actually does work. Could that have an effect?

Sort of!
Player tracking doesn't show all of their lands across the world, just the ones that are around your current position and within your base's reach.
Your presence at a base isn't actually required, but tracking gets reset (i.e. disabled) once you switch tabs or re-open the game.

Anyway, please try again when you're outside your base, perhaps it was a one-off lag! ;) 

ideas about interface.

1. delete button "i" from first screen. On this place make a new button "get rsources" from menu "My lands"

2. Move the button "capture" to the down-right angle.

3. two new buttons "zoom map"

that's  all need for easy use a game from car or bike by one hand

interf.PNG

I understand the general advantages of what you're proposing, but there are a few potential issues that need to be considered here:

• The "focus on current position" button (currently in the upper right corner of your screenshot) is automatically positioned in the lower-right corner on all iOS devices (iPhones etc.), which makes that part of the screen reserved (it's not something we built, this button is part of the map SDK).
    We could have different game UIs (the yellow bits) for Android and iOS, but I personally prefer to have as similar UIs on both platforms as possible, otherwise it's a bunch of redundant duplicate code that doesn't serve much purpose and slows down development (as I need to maintain 2 UIs, not 1). :)

• We have at least five 1-star ratings from people complaining about the game having no tutorial and "things being unclear / unknown what to do", so I was thinking of adding *more* learning materials onto the initial screen, not remove the only button ("i") actually providing new players with that information. :)
    And once again, making conditional UIs (buttons moving around, disappearing/reappearing depending on your tutorial stage) is additional development that could lead to confusion (we'll need a separate tutorial just to explain how all the buttons change in time and where to find the "i" button later :)).

• Having potentially 3 buttons collecting resources on 1 screen is misleading an confusing: a "What's the difference between 'Hand' and 'R'?" question is inevitable and will, once again, require thorough explanation. :)
    There also doesn't seem to be much point to have this button on a map, as it's not linked to any content on that map as such.
    "My Lands" screen lists all the resource stations associated with your bases, so you know exactly what will be picked up while viewing it.
    As this information isn't available on the map, more questions and more confusion will follow. :)

I'll see what I can do about the alternative means to zoom/re-focus your map though! ;) 

Zoom buttons it's not a critical update. The map can use by one finger. And zoom/out too.

button "R" is not the hand. This button collects the resources not on the map, and from the stations. And its handy timer showing the time remaining on the screen. Moreover, to enter my land and the more out of with one hand uncomfortable. The button "flag" offer to transfer or alienate by hand. As it is often mistakenly press it. And it's wrecking plan. 15 minutes because of an error has not been canceled

2 hours ago, maximus43 said:

button "R" is not the hand. This button collects the resources not on the map, and from the stations. And its handy timer showing the time remaining on the screen.

Oh no, I understand that. :) But I was saying that the others may not, as for a player who's just started the game and never used the "Collect Resources" button (from "My Lands") it is unclear why we have 2 buttons which seem to be linked with resource collection, especially since "R" is unrelated to any visual elements on "Earth View" that surround you (e.g. you stand in the middle of a Money resource, but "R" doesn't seem to pick it up. You and I know that this button works on resource stations only, but it isn't obvious to others).
I feel that if we proceed down this road a more elegant solution with fewer buttons may be available (which I'll have a think about)... :)

In terms of the flag button: I believe I have an idea; will see if I can make it work. ;)