Domination: Earth

Thoughts as a New Player

Fritzmann

Hello, I'm a very fresh player to the game; I just downloaded the app yesterday but I'm hooked. I love the concept of the GPS game and this one feels like it is really headed in the right direction. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts for discussion and make a few suggestions.

Things I love:

*The active developers

* The base-building options

*The scrapping mechanic

*The small but active community

*The way resources are on the map so you have to go out and get them

Things I don't like:

*Lack of competition. There is no incentive for me to go up against other players to try to be the best in my area

*The collection range seems too small. Resources around me are put in someone else's backyard and the only way to get close enough is to hop the fence and get in their backyards

*My bases don't give me anything. I feel like there is no incentive to them, but I still have to pour in resources to defend them

*Lastly, alliances should be between more than one player, like a clan or pact between multiple people, as the interaction ingame seems very very limited

My suggestions:

*Introduce regions into the game. County-wide, state-wide, and country-wide. Have leaderboards for these and bonuses if you are the top player in a region. This encourages competition and interaction between players.

*Introduce base upgrades that give the players something. I don't know what, but there needs to be a direct feed of some resource from bases so I have a reason to defend them

*Introduce bigger alliances with perks for being in one, and some method of communication between alliance members

*Lastly, implement a way to get Unobtainium through watching ads. This will certainly increase revenue, and I would definately watch a 30 second ad for 1 Unobtainium.

Thank you for creating a great free game and for being so active with responding to feedback. I hope to enjoy this game for a long time and become an active member of its community.

May I guess you are from Germany (Because of the name you choosed)?
There are many things you mentioned which you might understand better after a few days of playing.
At first, the base has many important features. You build your Tracking Sattelite, Baracks, Assembly Plant and Warehouse there, thus the base is your important place to pruduce soldiers, produce items, store items, and collect resources remotely. Additionally,  your bases level regulates how many soldiers and resources you can store.
Secondly, you advance your range to collect resources by the use of items produced in the assembly plant or with a little chance scrapped from barcodes. So no need to enter someone elses backyard :P
The way fights work at the moment might be a little bit confusing, but you have to consider that you could attack anyones land within the radius of 100km from your base. You only have to see this land (have land near to it, track the player or be near to it physically). In bigger cities you might encounter the need to attack enemy lands or defend your own earlier as you wish.
Lastly, if you zoom out you will see binoculars popping up for every country showing the top player, how many lands and how many km²s he has captured and the same for the country in total.

Edited by Ruvox
  • Thanks 2

These are your captured lands. You can pick up resources remotely if spawned on your lands via the Tracking Sattelite. They are basically the land that belongs to you and its somehow the goal to have as much land as possible, your land. You can upgrade the nearest land which has to be less than 500 meters away from you via clicking the capture button every 15 minutes. Then the land will grow by 5 meters in radius and one level. You can build defence on this land to defend it against enemies and you need to build at least one building every 10 levels on it to upgrade it any further.

• Thanks 2

On 27.12.2017 at 3:23 PM, Ruvox said:

Additionally,  your bases level regulates how many soldiers and resources you can store.

Could you please provide some details? My base level is 11 now. What does it give me? I still can bring only 10 resources and store 30 in the base's warehouse. But that depends on the warehouse's level not the base level.

You seem to confuse the words resources and items. It's right that depending on your warehouses level your are able to store 10 items per warehouse upgrade up to 30 items per warehouse of which you can have one per base. So more bases with additional warehouses means more item storage. However, you can always carry 10 items with you.
Resources are gold, personnel, supplies and unobtanium, you can find the first three all around the map. You need them to build, upgrade or create things. Under "construction" you can see how many you have of which type at the moment. The limit of how many resources you can store is somehow limited by the base level (I am not sure what the exact values were).

Edited by Ruvox

4 hours ago, Ruvox said:

You seem to confuse the words resources and items.

Yes, you are right. That's why I usually prefer English language instead of localizations but this game doesn't allow language change. As for resources maybe I don't have big quantity of them so they are not limited by base level in my case. I only see that it is just a base radius which is improved with new level. That would be nice to have more benefits of base upgrade.