Domination: Earth

Upgrading land

zhtedsu

Question

I have a lvl 99 land, and there is a lvl 1 land beside it.

When I tried to merge them today, I was told that I need to pay 100 travel points to do so.

Is the 100 travel points reuired for merging lands, or for my land to exceed lvl 100?

3 answers to this question

On 6/15/2022 at 12:01 PM, zhtedsu said:

But this is the first time I was asked to pay travel points for merging lands...... is there a bug?

Right, sorry, my brain got stuck on the previous version of our in-game rules. 😅
What I described above is how things used to work, but in the latest version the merge cost only applies when a land is about to become level 100 (or greater).
Merges below level 100 are free.

On 6/15/2022 at 12:01 PM, zhtedsu said:

I am not sure about most of the players in this game, but 100 travel points is a huge number for a person who goes everywhere on foot.
I tried walking to further places after work, but I could only get 2 to 4 travel points per day at most, and this game required so much travel points.
Maybe other players have cars or other vehicles, but I hope there is a system to reward people who actually "walk" outside for this game.

I have to admit that previously we were primarily counting on driving, public transport or cycling to play, and only recently started focusing on making the game "walkable" as well (distance between resources got reduced etc.).
Adjusting the travel point formula at this late stage may be problematic (I just checked and the most recent 50 active players all have above 4,000 unspent travel points, and top 20 of them have more than 10k, so there doesn't seem to be a universal shortage), but I'll certainly have a think about other possible incentives for those who do not drive or cycle! 😉

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, zhtedsu said:

I have a lvl 99 land, and there is a lvl 1 land beside it.

When I tried to merge them today, I was told that I need to pay 100 travel points to do so.

Is the 100 travel points reuired for merging lands, or for my land to exceed lvl 100?

When merging lands the cost of that merge equals to the new level of the land after merge.
I.e. merging a level 5 + level 5 land would cost 10 travel points, while merging 99 + 1 equals the cost of 100.

Please let me know if that doesn't make sense! 😉

But this is the first time I was asked to pay travel points for merging lands...... is there a bug?
Also, since the lvl 1 land can't be removed and I don't have travel points to merge them, my land was just stuck there.

I am not sure about most of the players in this game, but 100 travel points is a huge number for a person who goes everywhere on foot.
I tried walking to further places after work, but I could only get 2 to 4 travel points per day at most, and this game required so much travel points.
Maybe other players have cars or other vehicles, but I hope there is a system to reward people who actually "walk" outside for this game.