Domination: Earth

Cheater Trial: SensiGuy

Mr. D

We have reviewed evidence collected on the account of @SensiGuy (Lands: TieraHierba) and SensiGuy has been identified as a suspect in falsifying the GPS coordinates via 3rd party apps in order to advance through "Domination: Earth".

We cannot provide the complete evidence trail not to encourage anyone else to attempt the same actions by learning from "others' mistakes", but we have evaluated the following criteria when making a decision:

• Continuity of a travel path in a single gameplay session.
  • Speed of movement and time of travel.
  • Consistency of travel paths between multiple sessions.

The suspect account's behaviour was found unrealistic and movement data contradicting the known laws of physics (as well as the public transport timetable between Katwijk Aan Zee and Haps in Netherlands :)).

As this is the first infraction of that account, a warning is planned to be issued along with the following penalty:

• Complete reset of all Money, Supplies and Personnel accumulated on the account to date.
  • Removal of all lands and bases located in Egypt.
  • Removal of stationed armies across all bases.

Please note that this is the first and only warning: repeat infraction of the same nature will result in complete removal of all bases and lands located in all countries.

@SensiGuy you are hereby given 48 hours to submit an appeal in this thread and attempt to provide evidence and a reasonable explanation justifying your activity.
Should no information be provided or the explanation is deemed unsatisfactory, penalty listed above will be applied to your account without any further delay.

I can see how you figure this. 

Do you want me to upload my plane ticket to Egypt? 

I have some vacation days, player Joris attacked me, so I drove there to strike back. 

Since I was around I visited a friend in Groesbeek. I can give you an address and family name if you want. But I think this goes a bit far. 

Futhermore I have a base in Spain. Do you need the plane ticket for this too? 

Kind regards, 

Sensiguy

Hi @SensiGuy,

Plane tickets are not required, but I would appreciate if you could tell me exact dates and time of when you went to Egypt and returned back (and any dates when you left Egypt in between)?

Additionally, can you comment on what mode of transportation you've used to get from Katwijk Aan Zee to Haps on 30/12/2017 at around 9 in the morning (as, frankly speaking, it looked more like a faster-than-light hyperjump than an actual travel)? :)

Thanks,
Dan

Again I want to mention that many strange travel behaviors can be explained by bad GPS chips. One situation I know is that your are for example in the train and capturing at a trainstation, then 15 minutes later you start the app again to capture again and the GPS thinks you are still at the trainstation then you upgrade the trainstation and seconds after that your GPS "teleports" you to your current position. This can even happen with little longer periods of time. This might look like a 

1 hour ago, Mr. D said:

faster-than-light hyperjump

when reviewing afterwards.  I've encountered this quit often.

I know you are aware of the problems with bad GPS and for sure would never ban someone without sufficient justification. I also appreciate your anti cheat mechanics not being displayed completely to the players. But again after previous decisions made by niantic for ingress (I know that you are not them and by far more communicative) I am sometimes very sensitive to everything concerning GPS.

16 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

I know you are aware of the problems with bad GPS and for sure would never ban someone without sufficient justification. I also appreciate your anti cheat mechanics not being displayed completely to the players. But again after previous decisions made by niantic for ingress (I know that you are not them and by far more communicative) I am sometimes very sensitive to everything concerning GPS.

Thanks, Ruvox!
That is exactly why we're having this discussion! :)

16 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

Again I want to mention that many strange travel behaviors can be explained by bad GPS chips. One situation I know is that your are for example in the train and capturing at a trainstation, then 15 minutes later you start the app again to capture again and the GPS thinks you are still at the trainstation then you upgrade the trainstation and seconds after that your GPS "teleports" you to your current position. This can even happen with little longer periods of time. 

I have indeed considered the cached GPS coordinates situation, but it's one thing to capture a train station, open the app 15 minutes later and your coordinates would jump to wherever you are in the train currently, and it's something entirely different to move around the train station for a while (clearly having your coordinates change several times) and then a couple of minutes later end up in a place that can't even be reached by plane in that amount of time (let alone train or car), right? :)
Again, I'm making up examples here, but something very similar happend with SensiGuy, so I'm hoping there is a reasonable explanation to this case. ;) 

I'm also having difficulties believing that someone would interrupt their holiday to go back home (once or more times) to fight back another player, then return to the holiday destination, so I would appreciate some dates & times to support this travel. :) 

I have received supporting evidence from @SensiGuy via PM (including a copy of plane tickets, which weren't necessary, but I appreciate the extra step! ;)) and all the travel dates match our evidence snapshots; that confirms that SensiGuy is a very active traveller indeed and has physically visited all locations mentioned.

Since the case of "faster-than-light travel" was a one-off thing and it wasn't repeated afterwards, we'll consider this a weird network glitch and continue monitoring the situation to improve accuracy of the anti-cheat.

However, I would like to issue an official apology to @SensiGuy who is now confirmed to be innocent of cheating.
The case is closed; there will be no punishment applied to the account.

Thank you very much for your patience and being a member of our community, @SensiGuy! ;) 

• Like 2