Domination: Earth

1.11.1 Game Services and Leaderboards

Mr. D

Hi all,

Version 1.11.1 will appear on the Play Store shortly (an iOS version will be released separately) and features a new side-menu item - "Leaderboards", linked to the Google Play Games Services.

There are 4 Leaderboards available currently:

• Lands Captured (m2)
    Listing players with the largest area of captured lands ("m2" stands for square meters)
  • Richest Lands
    Listing players with the largest amount of Money resource in their possession.
  • Largest Army
    Listing players who've amassed the largest number of soldiers across all bases.
  • Highest Base Level
    Listing bases of the highest level in the world.

As this is a brand new system and we haven't used Game Services before, all leaderboards are currently blank.
However, they will begin populating with data once you build some soldiers, capture a few lands and upgrade your base. ;)

As always, please post if you have any questions!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joris said:

In my version of the game it says in the menu PAGE_MENU.LEADERBOARDS . Is this small problem already known by you?

Hi!
Re-opening the app should eventually solve that; it seems that some devices are caching the old translation files for longer than expected. :)
If not, you can manually clear all "Domination: Earth" App data from settings; that will let the game re-download new translations instantly whenever it's launched again. ;) 

2 hours ago, The one true king said:

The one army I saw before did make me wonder, I saw a 9000+??? Is that possible, seeing I am "fairly big" but could never get near i wondered...

It is theoretically possible (at a level 90+ base), but I must admit that what you're seeing is my test account; I will remove it from the list when the issue is fixed and everyone else's score becomes visible. :) 

I think more options would be Nice

• individual land

•biggest level

•allys

•personell

•supplies

•most buildings

• all the money, supplies and personell all the buildings Are worth 

You name IT this is youst eksamples

(To make more options inn the game) to fill up Holes do it's not bare bones

Thanks, Grizzlyfilms, but I think some of those additional boards would be redundant:

1. All lands are capped at level 100, and merging allows to increment land levels by +100 only, which is unlikely to be repeated more than a couple of times, so we'll end up with a boring leaderboard listing several thousands of players with a score of 300 or 400 in that aspect (there's no competition in that as you can't get 401, 402 etc.).

2. Biggest level - that is what the Highest Base Level all about. :)
Bases are the only element that don't have a hard level cap, so that particular leaderboard will look diverse.

3. Allies - as we're not a social network, I don't think it's really that important to know how many friends each player has (it just feels tangent to the core mechanics :)).
We are planning to add co-op related stats in the future (i.e. various achievements and leaderboards related to shared resources or other stuff linked to playing together), but the exact content of those is yet to be decided.

4. Personnel & Supplies: since one army unit is essentially 1 item of supplies and 1 personnel, the "Largest Army" leaderboard illustrates exactly that - supplies and personnel. :)
Largest Army doesn't rank players on the number of soldiers currently alive, but the highest number of soldiers ever built by that player (i.e. if you build 5,000 soldiers and they all die a few minutes later, your score will remain at 5,000, which means that your highest amount of supplies and personnel spent on that aspect was 5,000 :)).
Additional granularity in that aspect will create duplicate leaderboards, in my opinion (after all, no one wants to scroll through a dozen of leaderboards ranking players on the same thing from a different angle :)).

5. Buildings: since there's a finite number of buildings on each base, that leaderboard will once again look repetitive in a little while, just like the land levels, and at some point will simply illustrate the number of bases each player has (multiplied by the number of building templates).
However, a total number of upgrades or total number of buildings constructed including those that have been destroyed may be a more interesting board (but will require additional development, as we don't record destroyed buildings anywhere yet). :)

6. Money, Supplies, Personnel and all the Buildings on one leaderboard sounds a bit messy; how would you compare a sandbag wall to a unit of personnel?
If you see two rankings on that board: #1 Player with 50,000 points and #2 Player with 48,000 points, what would that actually mean? Do they have many sandbag walls or are they simply rich? Do they have lots of supplies or personnel?
I think this board would be too confusing.

However, I fully agree that more leaderboards on different aspects are generally needed and we will keep adding those in the future! ;) 

I cannot find myself in Largest Army and Highest Base Level lists. There is also papasid player (country leader) but I don't see him in any list. The lists are probably updated only when something changes but why not to initialize them? Saying honestly I don't like Google Play ratings and achievements. They are almost always boring and inconvenient. For example here I have to do useless switch from 'friends' to 'all' every time I want to look at the rating.

9 hours ago, AntKeeper said:

The lists are probably updated only when something changes

That's correct, this is what I meant when I said:

On 03/01/2018 at 6:47 PM, Mr. D said:

As this is a brand new system and we haven't used Game Services before, all leaderboards are currently blank.
However, they will begin populating with data once you build some soldiers, capture a few lands and upgrade your base. ;)

Unfortunately, there is no ability to pre-initialize leaderboards with existing data in bulk, and let's just say there is a reason why we don't want to spam the Games Services API with update requests one by one for our entire userbase. :)

So yes, your base will appear on the leaderboard whenever it reaches next level; army gets updated when you mobilize soldiers. Just build 1 or 2 to update the table! ;)
It's also worth pointing out that you'll only see your profile if it's set to public (Games Services tick box that says "Allow others to see your game activity"), so some players may choose to remain private.

9 hours ago, AntKeeper said:

For example here I have to do useless switch from 'friends' to 'all' every time I want to look at the rating.

That must be either dependent on the Play Games app version or the device, as the leaderboards on all our test devices default to "All".
But what in your opinion would make the leaderboards less "boring"? :)

12 hours ago, Mr. D said:

That must be either dependent on the Play Games app version or the device, as the leaderboards on all our test devices default to "All".
But what in your opinion would make the leaderboards less "boring"?

Maybe that depends on Android version. I have 5.0.1. Almost no options there.

In my opinion rating information should be always actual and users should not have the ability to hide it as it makes the list useless. Take a look at most of the games with the internal stats, e.g. Resources Game. The more stats and lists you show the longer your game will be interesting for players. I'd like to see local (country and maybe city) stats, not only global. I'd like to see my current total area somewhere toom maybe some charts. Competition is the main part of the game.

14 hours ago, AntKeeper said:

I'd like to see local (country and maybe city) stats, not only global. I'd like to see my current total area somewhere toom maybe some charts. Competition is the main part of the game.

There's no disagreement on that subject, time is our only limit. :) But we do plan to add many more stats and leaderboards in various parts of the game. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 04.01.2018 at 12:15 PM, Mr. D said:

Largest Army doesn't rank players on the number of soldiers currently alive, but the highest number of soldiers ever built by that player (i.e. if you build 5,000 soldiers and they all die a few minutes later, your score will remain at 5,000, which means that your highest amount of supplies and personnel spent on that aspect was 5,000 :)).

At me in this section the quantity of soldiers today, without loss is shown.

2 hours ago, Arb1tr said:

At me in this section the quantity of soldiers today, without loss is shown.

Yes, that sounds about right! Loss isn't supposed to be reflected in leaderboards, just the "highest ever" value.
Or did I misunderstand something? :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yep.this is old topic. But i have question.

Can you add one more leaderboard? 

Top spenders in resources ( how much player spends on building . Or something else) 

And another - for countries.  how many army/building worth  have real countries...

Sounds good, but I wasn't planning on adding any more Google Play leaderboards in the near future due to all the problems we've experienced with them. :)

I'll add those as soon as we switch to our own version of leaderboards, if that's ok (it's also going to be much easier to implement then). ;)

• Thanks 1