Domination: Earth

Claiming Land Near Other Claimed Land

Bushwhacker

Question

I have tried multiple times to claim land about a block away from land I've already claimed, but it just upgrades this first one every time. Is this because I built it on a location on Google maps? It's on a Casey's General Store. Or is there some distance away from a land that you can't capture new land, only upgrade it?

Also, is they any way to get unobtainable without paying for it?

Also also, how to I start a new base when I go to another area? I'm a college student and I'd like a base at home and at college.

8 answers to this question

Hi!

Lands can be capture 500 meters away from each other, otherwise the closest one is upgraded. :)

Each land can be upgraded to level 100, which is a radius of 500m, meaning that there is no need for other lands nearby.

Unobtainium is sometimes awarded for in-game events and forum competitions, but generally it is a way to support the game and help us pay the server rent. :)

In regard to bases: you can have 1 base in a 100km radius only. Whenever you travel further than that and capture a level 5 land a new base will be established automatically. ;)

Recently I tried to capture an area about 510 meters from an existing land but it did not produce a new flag. The existing land was at maximum level so I was able to try again immediately a little farther away. Still, I felt that it should have worked at the 510 meter range unless there is some buffer for the 500 meter radius. (I was using the distances provided by the app itself.)

7 hours ago, S Keillan said:

Recently I tried to capture an area about 510 meters from an existing land but it did not produce a new flag. The existing land was at maximum level so I was able to try again immediately a little farther away. Still, I felt that it should have worked at the 510 meter range unless there is some buffer for the 500 meter radius. (I was using the distances provided by the app itself.)

Hey, this has had a bit of buzz lately so I'll mention what I do know. 

So it's pretty generally accepted that the actualized capture range differs but it's about 515-525. Also your device may be part I'd the problem with a lagging GPS chip that hasn't given the app a recent location (like within the last 15s) hope this helps somewhat 😀

If I remember correctly, Mr.D said that the circles are actually considered to be squares for the game mechanics. 

Acrually, since I collect resources with the satellite, I can see that resources are out of a square-like area:

Screenshot_20180207-074801.png

Edited by marcofi
grammar

1 minute ago, marcofi said:

If I remember correctly, Mr.D said that the circles are actually considered to be squares for the game mechanics. 

Acrually Incan see the border of the area since I collect resources with the satellite. I can see the resources are out of a square-like area:

Screenshot_20180207-074801.png

That's right! I had forgotten about that minor point 😉

To avoid any misunderstandings: squares are used only for resource collection, but land capture is based on the circles (i.e. what you see is what you get :)), otherwise it would be really confusing!

But as stated by @Republic of America there may be a slight "distortion" depending on the GPS accuracy, which usually floats around the 10m range.
I'm constantly working on improving the accuracy of these calculations, but some devices' GPS chips are just less accurate than others!

1 hour ago, The one true king said:

look mine below really follows the circle

Did you collect resources with satellite before making the screenshot?

Mr. D seems to confirm that for resources collection squares are used.

However this is not the case for capturing land, which is the subject of this thread.