Domination: Earth

Problem with main base

Masterman

I have main base in cenre of the land 200lvl. When i click flag (2 days ago) my main base get def bonus for 2h and on my map show 2 random resources. Yesterday something changed and ewerytime i click flag i get info abput bigger land...but game should chose smaller....

I click flag abut 20-30 timea and ewerytime game chose bigger land...

Screenshot_20180112-191545.png

Screenshot_20180112-231359.png

On 13.01.2018 at 5:44 PM, Mr. D said:

Hi!

I apologize for inconvenience; it seems that you have a very interesting land layout out there. :)

I'll reproduce this setup and look into this issue; will post again as soon as I have a fix or solution! ;)

I still losing much resources ...  I think i cant "upgrade" main base after game upgrade .  Maybe you  give us chance to chose what land we want to upgrade( but we can chose only lands  in our range (about 500m?) 

12 hours ago, Masterman said:

I still losing much resources ...  I think i cant "upgrade" main base after game upgrade .  Maybe you  give us chance to chose what land we want to upgrade( but we can chose only lands  in our range (about 500m?) 

The base isn't actually possible to upgrade at all; it only grows when it reaches next level (and that happens when you capture/upgrade enough lands outside of your base).
I think what makes things confusing is that you seem to have a non-base land standing in the same spot as your base... was your base moved at any point at all?

But yes, it is planned to adjust the user interface to allow slightly more control over upgrades and such; this will be changed eventually! ;) 

When i start this game i make.main base in bad place. Later i saw that every click in main base give resources on map, when i get fist 200lvl.  I move my main base to this place because this is my home. And  always when i click flag on main base i get this resources. After last upgrade  this stop work... And my last about 80-100click in home give me nothing:(  only 2 times gam.chose main base . 2 from 80/100 this is very sad

Sorry for my english...

Hi, I want to report some behaviours, maybe there is some problem. I write here because the following point 2 happens only after this update.

My situation is the one shown in the image. 

The background is red because the guard tower is a level 100, its borders are not visible. Then it is visible the circle of my base. Then it is visible a double circle, red outside and bluish inside. The bluish is an ally of mine.

Issue 1: actually the red and blue circles seem to be centered in the same point. This looks weird to me. I bought that land from him, so apparently he planted a new flag exactly in the same place, or maybe there is a bug and the land was duplicated when I bought it?

Issue 2: Until yesterday, if I captured outside the base land, the nearest land would be updated (not the base defence). Now you can see my position in the picture. It is outside the base circle and inside the red land. In this situation now I obtain the upgrade of the base defence. Is it correct? 

Screenshot_20180115-180110.png

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, marcofi said:

Issue 1: actually the red and blue circles seem to be centered in the same point. This looks weird to me. I bought that land from him, so apparently he planted a new flag exactly in the same place, or maybe there is a bug and the land was duplicated when I bought it?

This is quite strange, as trade actually changes the land's owner ID; it doesn't create or update anything else!
So I'm inclined to believe that your ally has actually created another land in the same spot, which I can verify if you PM me this land's name, level and owner's display name. ;)

22 hours ago, marcofi said:

Issue 2: Until yesterday, if I captured outside the base land, the nearest land would be updated (not the base defence). Now you can see my position in the picture. It is outside the base circle and inside the red land. In this situation now I obtain the upgrade of the base defence. Is it correct? 

The capture sequence is as follows:

1) The nearest land center is selected. If it's a base and you are standing within its circle, the defence boost is awarded.
2) If the nearest land is a base, but you're outside of its circle, the nearest non-base land is selected (if it exists).
2b) If the non-base land does exist, but it is at maximum possible level currently, another search is made for a land that's lower than maximum level within a 500m radius from your position. If that land is found it is upgraded (or if it's a base - defence score raised), otherwise you get the "maximum level" message and the maximum level land collects resources.
2c) If the nearest non-base land doesn't exist, a new land is captured.

So it seems that in your scenario the base receives defence boost because of the bit I highlighted above (your base is the nearest land within a maximum level land).
This is correct in the current logic, but I am eventually planning to simplify this section as I realize that it's hard to follow all the targeting steps and possible exceptions.

In your particular case if you want to upgrade the purchased land (the one with a sandbag wall) you will need to move closer to it so that it becomes the nearest one to you, instead of a base. :)

Please let me know if that doesn't make sense!

26 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

So I'm inclined to believe that your ally has actually created another land in the same spot, which I can verify if you PM me this land's name, level and owner's display name. ;)

I will. 

I just realized another thing. In the 12th january update, you wrote:

If you are the owner of the biggest piece of land you will not see any nested lands of other allies within..

Well instead I clearly see blue circle (my ally color) inside my red circle.

So it seems that in your scenario the base receives defence boost because of the bit I highlighted above

Yes, I understand now. 

In your particular case if you want to upgrade the purchased land (the one with a sandbag wall) you will need to move closer to it so that it becomes the nearest one to you, instead of a base. :)

That is correct.

Yes, this logic has been removed on purpose in preparation for the upcoming release, which introduces a new set of controls that allow selecting capture targets manually. :)

It should go live tomorrow+, so keep an eye out for version 1.12! ;)

• Like 1