Domination: Earth

17 Jan 2018: Force of Terror

Mr. D

Hi all,

An exciting new feature went live today (no app downloads required) requested on multiple occasions: an AI player ("Artificial Intelligence")!

The AI player is named "Force of Terror (Ai)" and will appear wherever there are active players in the world, so watch out for the Lands of Terror and don't leave your bases unprotected even if there were no players nearby previously! :)

The AI will do most things that regular players do and follow similar rules combat-wise, except for land capture: you cannot capture lands created by the AI and your army will destroy these instead.

This opponent's level of difficulty is currently estimated to be relatively "easy", but I'll keep an eye on its progress and keep adjusting the AI's behaviour in the future. 

Any feedback is very much appreciated! ;)

Hmm i am not positive about this, but well. The army loss against the this is quite ridiculous and seems quite diffrent.

We normally get a defence bonus, while this ai killed 4 of my troops while attacking with 5... which means I had 520 to 1 and I still lost 4??? Ridiculous.

Also it seems strange we just destroy the lands, I do not see why you cannot take the lands.

Edited by The one true king

16 minutes ago, The one true king said:

Hmm i am not positive about this, but well. The army loss against the this is quite ridiculous and seems quite diffrent.

We normally get a defence bonus, while this ai killed 4 of my troops while attacking with 5... which means I had 520 to 1 and I still lost 4??? Ridiculous.

As mentioned in the original post, there is zero difference in combat mechanics between players and the AI; in fact, "Force of Terror" is an automatically managed player account that is 100% identical to anyone else's. :)
As with player-vs-player battles, all casualties are luck based, but every soldier gets at least 1 shot during the round end. Quantity doesn't mean safety, so you could have lost 4 soldier if that was another player on the other end too. ;)

16 minutes ago, The one true king said:

Also it seems strange we just destroy the lands, I do not see why you cannot take the lands.

Primarily because this destroys the travel-based game mechanics, since you can remain in your base, wait for the AI to build lots of small lands, capture them and have the entire city to yourself without actually capturing lads via going outside. :)
It's also worth mentioning that if you do not defend your lands against AI's attacks and it manages to capture one of them, you will not be able to re-capture it - the land will be destroyed by your army if you try to take it back later.
Consider this an extra challenge and an incentive to keep some troops around your base at all times! ;)

14 minutes ago, Greenacers said:

This AI is building faster than any player can

All AI construction is luck-based and its speed will vary, but yes, since it's one common enemy against thousands of players it can capture and build lands faster than anyone else, otherwise it wouldn't stand a chance. :)
However, I am happy to slow the AI down if it proves to be too difficult to overcome. ;)

4 minutes ago, The one true king said:

All right... maybe it is me, but this fully xxx up the game for me. I do not play this to fight ai who keep building faster than we would.

There is only losers with this we can gain nothing. I lost 15 forces in 50 minutes and gained nothing. True i attack two of his bases, but still.

One of the reasons the AI is there is to introduce rewards for combat; this is just phase one, there still be a bunch of interesting elements based on that. :)

However, one of the solutions to your interim problem is simply not to attack the AI. :) Chances that it picks you as a target are fairly low. ;)

13 minutes ago, Arb1tr said:

And will there be any buns for the fight against terrorism?

Yes, as I said above this first release is aimed at finding the perfect balance of AI's activity; the next phase will be rewards for actually destroying lands and bases. ;)
This system isn't here to torture you, I just need to see it in action to estimate the right level of rewards! :)

13 minutes ago, Arb1tr said:

in the morning to begin the attack again against the 10+ level base?

The AI's bases do not get restored back to their initial level; I've simply pre-deployed a number of start bases all over the world (with level between 1 and 10, just because you've had a huge head start against the AI), but any subsequent base upgrades will follow the same rules as the ones applying to players.
If you reduce it to level 1 it will take a while for the AI to reach level 2 again (and it will be possible to completely destroy AI's bases in the next update; I will post when that happens!).

It's also worth pointing out that the AI only reacts to *active* players; it's playing whenever you are playing, so it will not continue to advance while everyone's offline.
So it is not as terrifying as it may seem! :)

On a separate subject, I have just released an update that slows down AI activity quite significantly; it will be barely active in low-populated areas and *maybe* do something once every 30 minutes if there are multiple players active nearby.
Please let me know how that goes. ;)

12 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

It's also worth pointing out that the AI only reacts to *active* players; it's playing whenever you are playing, so it will not continue to advance while everyone's offline.
So it is not as terrifying as it may seem! :)

And these terrorists, by chance, do not collect resources in addition to another imitation of the player?

3 minutes ago, Arb1tr said:

And these terrorists, by chance, do not collect resources in addition to another imitation of the player?

No, all resources remain 100% yours. :)

If anything, the AI generates additional resources and stations whenever their base upgrades! ;)

1 hour ago, Masterman said:

Where i can look how much army  force of terror send?

Hmm... someone else must have joined this combat and killed the terrorist army, as there usually is a message listing enemy casualties when it's your army that killed them!
Apart from that, enemy army details are seen in the "Combat in Progress" window until the combat is over (that window can be opened by either tapping on the red combat marker in Earth View or via My Lands -> Army Controls -> Combat Progress / Defence Status).

But if you missed that battle and someone else did all the killing then there's no way to find out the enemy army size, unfortunately!
I will correct that in the next release. :)

I just attacked the FoTs base with my army and destroyed its lands. Somehow their base is gone now and tracking shows me nothing of FoT in the surrounding area. However, they just attacked one of my lands. Shouldn't I be able to see their base now again ?

8 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

I just attacked the FoTs base with my army and destroyed its lands. Somehow their base is gone now and tracking shows me nothing of FoT in the surrounding area. However, they just attacked one of my lands. Shouldn't I be able to see their base now again ?

Sorry, I am about to release a bunch of fixes today that should change the AI's behaviour: you are correct, no attacks should be possible while the AI is defeated (i.e. no base).

I'll post more details once it's done!

• Thanks 1