Domination: Earth

Force of Terror: Phase 2

Mr. D

Hi all,

A bunch of fixes and updates related to the AI went live, among the changes are:

• Destroying a Force of Terror's base will now deactivate the AI in this region for approx. 7 days.
    Terrorists' lands and structures outside the base will remain, but they will no longer grow or attack until the HQ returns.

In 7 days Force of Terror will return in a different place and begin at base level 1, which will be invisible.
    You will start noticing land activity and may get attacked by an offensive structure (e.g. Guard Tower), but you will not be attacked by an army until the AI reaches base level 2. At this point their base will become visible and you will be able to engage in Army battles.

• Fighting against the AI now rewards you with resources and "Peacekeeping Points".
    Every terrorist soldier killed equals to 1 Peacekeeping Point and will reward you with 1 unit of Money.
    Every land level damaged will award you with 10 points and a small amount of money (usually up to 10) and 1 Supply.
    Every building destroyed will reward you with slightly more money than land damage and up to 2 Supply units.
    Every base level damaged equals to up to 40 Money and up to 5 captured Personnel.

• Fighting against players now awards you with "Points of Fame" (similar mechanics as with the Peacekeeping Points).
    Both the Peacekeeping Points and Points of Fame will be recorded for a future leaderboard, and the Peacekeeping Points will unlock new combat features later on.
    At the moment both types of points will accumulate, but even though their total isn't displayed in the current version of the app no points are lost and you'll see the combined total of all rewards as soon as the appropriate UIs are added. ;)

Please post if you have any questions or feedback!

P.S. You will need to re-open the app (or delete the app's data cache manually) to obtain a new set of translation texts. Alternatively, you should receive those automatically within 24 hours.

Well let' see.... points might be nice, the money is quite low compared to the costs of the armies you will lose. 10 soldiers are worth way more than 100 gold, I'd say gold is not worth attacking but I can understand that might be different for smaller players.

But I still can't see the new base while I did get attacked. That was also supposed to be fixed, right?

19 minutes ago, The one true king said:

But I still can't see the new base while I did get attacked. That was also supposed to be fixed, right?

Judging by the time of comments in the other thread I'd say you were attacked prior to the fix. :)
Right now the base remains invisible, but not destroyed, so you won't be attacked by an army until level 2 but may experience occasional fire from local guard towers (so I'd destroy them if any exist ;)).
After the AI reaches level 2 again and their base appears destroying it will eradicate all terrorist activity in the area for 7 days.

19 minutes ago, The one true king said:

Well let' see.... points might be nice, the money is quite low compared to the costs of the armies you will lose. 10 soldiers are worth way more than 100 gold

Yes, but if you could receive more resources from each battle than spent building your army then you wouldn't need to travel and collect resources anymore, would you. ;)
So consider this more of a discount for experienced players with large armies and a starting bonus for those fighting with only a couple soldiers. :)
However, if the AI's base is unprotected (e.g. someone's already killed the entire terrorist army) any damage you deal to the base or surrounding lands would be pure profit resource-wise.

In any case, Peacekeeping Points are the main reward here; I'm not going to spoil anything just yet, but they will be important later in the game. ;)

3 minutes ago, The one true king said:

Indeed I destroyed the first base yesterday. However I was attacked today about when I made the previous post... I still can't see the ai base around my main base though ☹

You won't see it until it reaches level 2 and that will take a while. :)

Just let the Ai recuperate, it is much slower that regular payers right now!

32 minutes ago, Masterman said:

Force of terror base destroyed but my army still fight...

Did the AI attack you first? Was it after my first post in this thread today and you have definitely defeated the Ai base after the same post too? :)

3 hours ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

Are you going to make a techtree tree? Points=better stuff?

Peace points= diplomatic points?

Well, we're not really an RPG to have a point-based tree (I'd like to keep things relatively simple and easy to explain :)), but there will be certain functionality that is unlocked by accumulating these points indeed.
I'll post more details once it's closer to being complete!

3 hours ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

And May i get some personell back becouse i was attacked?

I don't think I mentioned anywhere that any deaths occurring during battles with the AI deserve a refund... :) It's part of the game mechanics, after all!
You also have thousands in resources and hundreds of soldiers stationed on your bases, while the poor AI struggles to accumulate more than 20... I think it's the Force of Terror who's the victim here! :)

That's a big army of terror, congratulations for all the peacekeeping points you earned! Just build more soldiers it isn't that hard considering that personnel and supplies spwan all over the world and you need only one of each of them for one soldier;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KatanaHeadshot said:

Alright, and will the Force of Terror be removed in the future?

Over the last few months we've received a large number of requests to introduce "bots" to the game due to some players not willing to engage in PvP (or simply playing in low-populated areas), and a dozen more suggestions to make combat more rewarding. The Force of Terror solves both of those issues, so I'm positive that it's going to stay for good; we have a long list of ideas and additions planned for the AI & Peacekeeping Points, so it will become an integral part of the gameplay process. :)

I really like the idea of bots as it finally motivates me to keep playing the game for more than just higher numbers somewhere. In my opinion FoT is a good addition to the game and with the improvements your suggesting will add an cool aspect to DE. 

• Thanks 1