Domination: Earth

1.12 Map Update

Mr. D

And at me on the contrary with the version 1.12.3 there were problems with GPS.
A very long search for the metodization. At 1.12 while it was relevant for one day was faster.
Helps the crutch - the launch of the Androts GTS Test after determining the location of this program, the game finds it faster.

2 minutes ago, Arb1tr said:

And at me on the contrary with the version 1.12.3 there were problems with GPS.
A very long search for the metodization. At 1.12 while it was relevant for one day was faster.
Helps the crutch - the launch of the Androts GTS Test after determining the location of this program, the game finds it faster.

Yup, 1.12.3 may struggle to find position initially, as in the process of finding issues reported by @AntKeeper I've disabled a few sensors that used to help with positioning.
However, as we've now established that GPS has nothing to do with the map not showing I will restore those sensors in the next update. ;)

A different version of the map is also likely to appear then. :)

44 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

This can only mean that your device's GPU is in Chromium's blacklist for WebGL, so there's no way for me to enable it from my end.

Not sure but maybe this could help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41390704/webgl-works-on-some-mobile-platforms-but-not-others

I you want me to do some tests or install some debug APK let me know.

3 hours ago, AntKeeper said:

Not sure but maybe this could help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41390704/webgl-works-on-some-mobile-platforms-but-not-others

I you want me to do some tests or install some debug APK let me know.

Thanks, that's actually what I tried yesterday with no luck. :)
I have no idea why your phone refuses to run WebGL and it's hard to guess without actually having that phone at hand...

Don't worry though, I've already prepared a new version that doesn't use WebGL (after all, even if I did force your phone to run it the performance would be terrible if its GPU is in the blacklist indeed). Stay tuned for release of 1.13! ;)

6 minutes ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

And when is the update for the points?

I will get back into new feature development as soon as everyone can play again (i.e. the new map and the GPS work on all devices).

Please remember that it's just one person building all this, so while I investigate Android 5 issues there's no one else to build all the cool new stuff (sorry! :)).
If nothing else goes wrong I'll focus on the point system next week!

12 minutes ago, marcofi said:

It would be better if it was more realistic. i.e. the fake state with no name in Barcelona. 

Moreover the location of the binoculars is sometimes funny, not in the country capital.

But if it depends on Google, we cannot do anything about.

State with no name doesn't have a name purely because the AI is leader there. :) 
During the process of land capture your coordinates travel through Google geolocation system that adds a label for them in your local language (i.e. country, city, region etc.).
Unfortunately, the AI doesn't have an actual mobile phone nor language settings, and it doesn't talk to Google that much, so we know where the AI's lands are, but we don't know their name (or what language the AI would pick, if it were to choose :)).

It is possible to fix, but wasn't a huge priority for me as the issue will go away as soon as someone defeats the AI in that region and claims it for themselves. 
But if that doesn't happen I will of course manually label that region. :)

In terms of binoculars - these aren't locations of official capitals indeed! These are coordinates of one of the first active in-game areas (i.e. capitals of Domination: Earth, if you will :)).
They also appear only when players are active in the area (countries with no players or a leader will not have the statistics icon).

I just realized that it is no longer possible to zoom out far. Not horrible, but it would be nice/logical If we can zoom out to see the whole world. I mainly wonders since I plan to make a base on the other side of the Atlantic soon & it would be nice to just be able to zoom and see that as well 😉

(Also since I noticed that by dragging the map larger distances it has errors, like no longer showing binoculars)

2 minutes ago, The one true king said:

I just realized that it is no longer possible to zoom out far. Not horrible, but it would be nice/logical If we can zoom out to see the whole world. I mainly wonders since I plan to make a base on the other side of the Atlantic soon & it would be nice to just be able to zoom and see that as well 😉

Didn't think anyone would notice, to be honest! :)
No problem, will increase the zoom out range in the next version. ;)