Domination: Earth

AI stregnth

Z3nd

So watching the conversation taking place on Discord it appears that a eye is an interesting mix / challenge for more experienced players.

I myself am a new player and didn't see reference to the AI when I first started playing, so was not expecting it. It was out there growing and I thought it was another player and so I did not mess with it. It grew efficiently while I was still learning the game and wasting some of my time and resources just learning. It's base was higher level than mine when I found it and it's only grown.

What I have experienced and what I've seen from some of the other new players is that the A I may be growing too powerful too quick for new players to catch up on the learning curve. One suggestion maybe two have a limit into its growth rate relative to the average player base level in the area.

I am by no means giving up. So far I like this game although sometimes it's a little hard to collect resources as my check in points are spread throughout the city. I will find some way to beat this thing.

I destroyed an AI base. After 3 days (not a week, as was announced) I saw another base lvl 3 with more than 100 soldiers. I don't rememember exactly the numbers, but it was like 130 against my 150.

My army was completely destroyed and the base survived.

Now I send soldiers as soon as I have any because I want to prevent the formation of another big army. However he already built a guard tower, so I have to destroy also that, and it takes a lot of time, since I have not a big army.

Well, I will manage whatever I need to go on in the game, but probably some people will find the AI presence too much intrusive.

In my opinion AI (if not too strong) is ok where the density of players is very low. So one can still make some war tactic even if no other real player is around, as in my case.

But I think the combat between real players should come first, so in places where many players are present, AI should be very rare, or even not present. This is just my opinion.

Edit: while I am using my little army to fight this base, near another base of mine a new tower of force of terror appeared. It is inside my land, so I cannot upgrade it. It contains 66 soldiers. This is more than I can manage now.

Edited by marcofi
Updates

17 hours ago, marcofi said:

Edit: while I am using my little army to fight this base, near another base of mine a new tower of force of terror appeared. It is inside my land, so I cannot upgrade it. It contains 66 soldiers. This is more than I can manage now.

Does the number of soldiers appear on the map because FOT is on your land?  I haven't seen figures apart from during an attack.

It demolished one of my guard towers in a location I go the most so I can't level up there anymore unless I rebuild but it's very close to their main base, they've got a missile launcher etc and until the latest update I had great difficulty playing with gps and screen freezing so didn't get a chance to put up any resistance as I didn't get any notification.

I know the number of soldiers because I attack, then I can see how many they are. Then they are too many and I withdrow.

Anyway I understood that I never destroyed the first AI base. It just went down to level 1 and became invisible!

So it is impossible to destroy an AI base, unless you have an army so large that it can damage the last two levels in a single attack.

Edited by marcofi
For clarity

1 hour ago, marcofi said:

So it is impossible to destroy an AI base, unless you have an army so large that it can damage the last two levels in a single attack.

That's not entirely correct!
I think in your case combat simply ended too soon before the base got destroyed (which is when it went into hiding :)).
Each combat lasts 12 rounds (after which it ends regardless of who's winning) and the AI's base needs 2-5 full rounds (depending on your army size) to be destroyed once its level drops before 2.

20 hours ago, marcofi said:

It is inside my land, so I cannot upgrade it. It contains 66 soldiers. This is more than I can manage now.

Just to clarify: none of the AI's lands contain any soldiers on their own; the number you're seeing is the global AI's army in this region, i.e. it's protecting all of AI's lands.
If you kill those 66 soldiers then all of AI's lands can be destroyed with zero resistance.

In regard to the Force of Terror's difficulty in general, it's not a problem for me to lower it and reduce the AI's army, but I can positively guarantee you that if I do that there will be reports about the opposite issue (i.e. insufficient AI forces) after the Peacekeeping Rewards update, which is planned for next week+. :)
Please consider that the peacekeeping points are about to become in-game resource #5 and some items will become possible to build/purchase *only* using the peacekeeping points.
And the number of these points you can find in the game depends purely on the size of AI's army and lands that you can destroy.

So I suggest we wait for the Peacekeeping Rewards release to be over and afterwards have another discussion / re-evaluate whether you'd like there to be fewer AI encounters! ;)

1 hour ago, Mr. D said:

Each combat lasts 12 rounds (after which it ends regardless of who's winning) and the AI's base needs 2-5 full rounds (depending on your army size) to be destroyed once its level drops before 2.

Well so I was apparently unlucky because it happened twice to me that the AI base is not destroyed and become invisible. 

So next time I will have to make some calculations and maybe stop an attack early to be sure that the last attack will destroy the base.  Are you sure that this is how the game should work? 

Regarding the overall strenght of AI it's ok for me to wait and re-evaluate it in future.

14 minutes ago, marcofi said:

So next time I will have to make some calculations and maybe stop an attack early to be sure that the last attack will destroy the base.  Are you sure that this is how the game should work? 

I realize that early combat termination that results in AI's base becoming invisible without actually being destroyed is a bit confusing and misleading, so I'll adjust that in one of the future updates. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 28/01/2018 at 11:17 AM, Mr. D said:

That's not entirely correct!
I think in your case combat simply ended too soon before the base got destroyed (which is when it went into hiding :)).

Just to clarify: none of the AI's lands contain any soldiers on their own; the number you're seeing is the global AI's army in this region, i.e. it's protecting all of AI's lands.
If you kill those 66 soldiers then all of AI's lands can be destroyed with zero resistance.

In regard to the Force of Terror's difficulty in general, it's not a problem for me to lower it and reduce the AI's army, but I can positively guarantee you that if I do that there will be reports about the opposite issue (i.e. insufficient AI forces) after the Peacekeeping Rewards update, which is planned for next week+. :)
Please consider that the peacekeeping points are about to become in-game resource #5 and some items will become possible to build/purchase *only* using the peacekeeping points.
And the number of these points you can find in the game depends purely on the size of AI's army and lands that you can destroy.

So I suggest we wait for the Peacekeeping Rewards release to be over and afterwards have another discussion / re-evaluate whether you'd like there to be fewer AI encounters! ;)

We need more force of terror ai...there's none at all around me in toronto, Ontario. .I killed them all off last week..no respawns yet.