Domination: Earth

1.14 Perks

Mr. D

Hi all,

An exciting long-promised update is here along with a brand new feature!

So let's review all of its changes:

• "Construct" tab has been discontinued and no longer exists.
    Instead, all of its features have moved onto the new and cleaned up "My Lands" tab.
    All base-related functionality is now in one place, no more swiping for Army Controls and it is possible to see the selected base along with its surroundings straight from "My Lands" by pressing on the "camera" icon.

• As a replacement for the "Construct" tab, please welcome: Perks!
    Perks are global upgrades that affect your resource collection, items or combat aspects.
    Each perk can be unlocked by spending a certain amount of Peacekeeping Points, rewarded only for defeating the Force of Terror (non-player enemy).

There are multiple levels behind each perk all varying in price, so choose carefully; there are no Peacekeeping Point refunds! ;)

Version 1.14 has launched on the Play Store and has been submitted to the App Store for iOS devices. The latter takes longer to be approved, but it's estimated that our iOS users will catch up on Perks by the end of tomorrow! ;)

As always, please post if you have any questions or feedback. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joris said:

That's a great update!

I love the new features, but the tags arent't working. Even after restarting the game multiple times and my phone once.

Thanks, Joris!

It's that annoying phone cache again. :)
Can you please open Settings -> Apps -> "Domination: Earth" -> Storage, tap "Clear Data", re-open the game and let me know if that helps? ;)

13 minutes ago, Joris said:

I've cleared the cache in app settings but it still doesn't work.

Damn, that's one stubborn phone you've got there! :)

The longest cache duration I've seen is 24 hours, but perhaps we could also try re-installing the game? That definitely removes all local caches!

I will also have a think about implementing a different translation system that bypasses the cache restrictions... my apologies for all the trouble!

9 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

However, since the update it's not possible for me to track any other player or the Ai.

Argh, that's rubbish! * Sigh * :)

Ok, I will include the fix into the next update, as it's too many hotfixes for one day. :)

4 minutes ago, The one true king said:

But out of curiosity... will the peacekeepi ng points still get a leaderbord? I don' want to spend them all and not be on top there 😁

Haha, well, the leaderboard is likely, but I'll do my best to restore your highest amount for that board whenever that happens, so please go ahead and spend everything. :)

• Thanks 2

It's kinda a techtree?

But would IT be a good thing to have more diplomatic options?

Volentier troops?

Could stats be a thing? Diagram?

Be able to name bases/colonies?

Be able to tell players to not go to your place (mabye draw a line) so it's kinda a border 

Be able to patroll the water (Can send troops via water)

Country status

Be able to name the capital?

I know it's probably hard and you would probably not do IT but could you make a cool background to the perks like this: behind eatch perkThere is a pic behind and it blurr into the other pics so it's like a cool wallpaper that gives morale (i can talk more) the wallpaper could sell if it's good

But i Often have problems with the map not loading

Edited by Grizzlyfilms

The perk "Lucky Drop" is described as "...resource of which you have the least". Do all resources count the same towards this ? Or is there some sort of weight ?
For example the money storing limit is 10 times as large as the one for supplies or personnel. The resources have different Unobtainium exchange values. They appear in stacks of different size. Sources generate 10 times as much money as supplies or personnel.
So does money only counts 0.1 towards this perk ?

Edited by Ruvox

35 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

The perk "Lucky Drop" is described as "...resource of which you have the least". Do all resources count the same towards this ? Or is there some sort of weight ?
For example the money storing limit is 10 times as large as the one for supplies or personnel. The resources have different Unobtainium exchange values. They appear in stacks of different size. Sources generate 10 times as much money as supplies or personnel.
So does money only counts 0.1 towards this perk ?

You are correct in regard to our usual conversion rates, but in the context of this particular perk right now it's literally the lowest resource you have (1 to 1 for each).
I'm still torn between making it x10 for Money (as it would make a bit more sense) and keeping it simple, as no one really wants to do maths in their head while looking at resources. :)
What do you think?

31 minutes ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

Mabye have weapons and support eq. For troops to make them better?

@Grizzlyfilms most of your ideas are already in my list, I've noted them down when you created the "Ideas" thread. :)
Unfortunately, I just can't work as fast as you're suggesting things, so there's not much benefit from repeating these things (if I previously stated that there will be combat-bonuses, equipment and additional units in combat in the future - rest assured it will happen one day ;)).

So let's keep this thread dedicated to questions & feedback about the things this update introduced (Perks & My Lands UI)! :)

4 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

What do you think?

I think making it x10 for Money would be the right way, calculating times ten is not really complicated at all and at the end of the day everyone's happy if he gets the most missing resources and if you make it 1 to 1 this would mostly result in money even if it is not the most needed or "feel to have the least" resource.

26 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

I think making it x10 for Money would be the right way, calculating times ten is not really complicated at all and at the end of the day everyone's happy if he gets the most missing resources and if you make it 1 to 1 this would mostly result in money even if it is not the most needed or "feel to have the least" resource.

Ok, I'm convinced; I was leaning towards this option myself. :)
Consider this adjustment live!

8 minutes ago, SebRut said:

How do the costs of perk upgrades scale? IIRC prices for constructions were (sum of levels) * (base price) or something like that, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

There isn't a singular formula indeed, each perk has its own base cost (to unlock level 1) and its own cost per level (level * cost per level).
Some of them are more expensive than others. :)

2 hours ago, Arb1tr said:

And what is the algorithm for the work of perks to increase the collection of resources?
On the map resource with 100 units.
A player with a perk will see it as a resource of 110 units or 100 units, but will the warehouse receive 110 units?

You still see all resources in their original values (i.e. 100 on the map), but when picked up you will see a message saying "You've collected 110 units" (and of course, 110 will be credited). :)

It's worth mentioning that you will be sharing the increased amount with your allies, so it is beneficial for a person with the relevant perk to pick up all resources if the allies don't have the same perk. ;)

• Like 1