Domination: Earth

No new resources?

The one true king

Question

After the new update and using my satellite once after the update i noticed i am not getting new resources drops by levelling up a specific land (I did get it at another land).

Since I do have a lot of resource stations I wonder if that might be related, or is it an error?

For now I am fine on my resources but it seems an error?

(Not being able to track players is way more tricky though)

29 minutes ago, The one true king said:

There are 29 resource stations in the vicinity, I guessed that might have an impact?

Whoa! Yup, that would be it, no investigation required! :D

I can't believe you have that many stations nearby... i.e. not individual resources, but actual stations, right?

I am positive that this is connected to our resource density limit (there are different tiers of density for "resources within walking distance" and "resources in the area"), as I haven't changed any relevant code recently, so there's no reason for it to break. :)

However, please let me know if no new resources appear after you collect everything in the vicinity of the upgraded land!

You have so much and I have nothing...

I saw resource stations only for few days after I entered in the game. Then I haven't see any anymore. 

Especially in my second base. If I remember correctly, I've never seen a single resource station near it.

Am I only unlucky and I just have to wait longer?

7 minutes ago, marcofi said:

Am I only unlucky and I just have to wait longer?

Well, resource stations appear whenever someone establishes a new base (e.g. new player joining nearby or someone creating their 2+ base) or whenever your base reaches next level.
There is a small chance (roughly 5%) of a station appearing after you capture land, but that doesn't happen too often. :)

25 minutes ago, The one true king said:

How low does it have to get for resources to appear?

I can't remember the exact density limit figures from top of my head, unfortunately, but I'll check those out a bit later! ;)

5 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

Well, resource stations appear whenever someone establishes a new base (e.g. new player joining nearby or someone creating their 2+ base) or whenever your base reaches next level.
There is a small chance (roughly 5%) of a station appearing after you capture land, but that doesn't happen too often

My second base is level 15 so I had 15 chances to see a resource station. Also I have a land level 400, so with the 5% chance I should have seen 20 resource stations. But I didn't.

34 minutes ago, marcofi said:

My second base is level 15 so I had 15 chances to see a resource station. Also I have a land level 400, so with the 5% chance I should have seen 20 resource stations. But I didn't.

There's no guarantee that the station appears right next to you (or within walking distance at all), sometimes it may be a bit further away! But keep an eye out for those whenever your base upgrades next time. :)
I'd say that there may be an issue, but judging by the abundance of stations in Netherlands I think we're ok - it's the same game mechanics regardless of the country! :)

Ok it might be further away, but should it be visible in the map anyway, even if I stay in the base? 

If I have to move some km in order to uncover them, then I might have missed them. ( I moved, but didn't pay much  attention to the surroundings). But if I should be able to see them just browsing in the map, then I confirm that I've never seen any. 

Look near Bologna, Italy and see if it is different from Netherlands.

Now I tried to use the "load surrounding" function (the camera in the tooltips), from some lands a bit more far away.

In this way I found just one personnel resource station. 

However I've never seen stations on the surroundings of my base, loaded by default.

Edited by marcofi
Mistake

I think that's just bad luck then, to be honest!
There's no allocation logic or patterns for station spawninng, everything appears in a completely random manner.

I'll check out Bologna later though, as I am curious how many stationed you have there in total. :)

No problem at all, it's in my interests to know that everything's working correctly! :)
But I just see no reason for stations to work in Netherlands and not work in Italy, as the server knows no difference. :)

In any case, will get back to you if I find anything unusual! ;)

8 hours ago, The one true king said:

there was my ridiculous sudden increase in the recent days. But do note my land is huge and I am very active. On a bad day i would do 30 claims, which means 2 stations statistically...

You get two stations a day??

I am very active too. I brought four lands from level 1 to level 100, merging into a level 400 land. The base nearby from level 1 went to level 15. And in all this process I don't remember seeing a single base.

48 minutes ago, The one true king said:

No i said of you plant 30 flags a day statistically you should get 1 Or 2 stations. I plant 30 more or less as minumum a day. 

If you mean planting new flags than I do not plant 30 new flags a day. Maybe 1 or 2 in average. If you mean upgrading existing lands, then yes I do it about 30 times a day.