Domination: Earth

1.14.2 Remote Station Capture

Mr. D

Time for another update!
Look for 1.14.2 on the Play Store within the hour; the same version will be added to the App Store later this week.

Featuring:

• it is now possible to capture resource stations remotely within 500m from yourself by pressing the "Flag" button inside their tooltip window (appearing when pressed on the station's map icon).
    This has been done because of the fact that too many stations appear in wild areas that have zero cell coverage, but unlike standalone resources stations can't be picked up using item bonuses, so there was just no way to reach some of them!

• Each marker tooltip now contains a "Distance" indicator, showing how far that resource/land/station is from yourself.
    Distance is calculated from the blue dot appearing on Earth View and will update in real-time as the dot moves.
    Hopefully this helps a bit in terms of planning when and what to activate item-wise, as well as which lands can be upgraded remotely. ;)

• Tracked Players window should once again be functional. :)

• Allies and Force of Terror now have differently coloured flags on Earth View: blue for Allies and brown-ish orange for the Ai.

As always, please post if you have any questions or feedback. ;)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mr. D said:

can't be picked up using item bonuses

I've always did it exactly that way. Using item bonuses would also work with capture resulting in capturing stations from more or less far away. Or do I missunderstand something there ?

49 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

I've always did it exactly that way. Using item bonuses would also work with capture resulting in capturing stations from more or less far away. Or do I missunderstand something there ?

I was referring to the "Hand" button (the "pick up" action), but I must admit that application of item bonuses onto the land capture (flag) in the context of stations wasn't an intended effect; did not know that was possible. :)

Oh well, now the remote capture is official (and a lot easier) in any case!

45 minutes ago, Z3nd said:

Any idea when the Apple Store will have this new update? I have invited a few friends to start playing but this update really makes a difference.  The version they downloaded today did not have distances

The iOS app is currently "Waiting for review" (by Apple), which means they haven't started yet.
They don't work on Saturday and Sunday, but if they start the review on Monday it'll most likely be approved and go live on Tuesday.

I'm not a huge fan of Apple's app review process myself, but there's little I can do to speed it up, I'm afraid. :)

@Kaiser Ryn that's correct; it's still a Personnel Recruitment beacon, which will provide you with infinite supply of Personnel until it expires - simply press "Collect Resources" button on "My Lands" tab and resources from all captured stations will be credited to your account (this action can be repeated once every hour).

The reason why you're seeing a different tooltip is because you now have a land right underneath the beacon (that land allows constructing defensive structures to protect itself from player attacks) and when tapping on the icon you're most likely hitting the sandbag wall, instead of the beacon's icon.

But if you zoom in really close you will most likely be able to tap on the Personnel beacon separately: its tooltip will state that the beacon belongs to you and display time remaining until the beacon disappears. ;)