Domination: Earth

Sticking timer

Z3nd

So I have heard from 3 people that the timer seems to freeze sometime when you are out of the game, so that you have time left when you go back in.  I had thought the timer was set to alert a minute or so but I have seen messages on the chat that it can be up to 10 minutes, and a friend of mine who's the new player mention he was having problems with it freezing. I plan to test it on my phone a few times to see if that's what's really not going on. I've not paid enough attention to it to date

• Like 1

Yes, I also noted that the timer is not very precise when you go out of the game, then come back after some minutes. I just need to change tab and then go back to Earth View, then the timer shows the right value.

Edited by marcofi
Precisation

2 hours ago, marcofi said:

just need to change tab and then go back to Earth View, then the timer shows the right value

Had the same thing for a long time but since the last few updates this problem seems to vanish slowly away. A few weeks ago I had this nearly everytime I switched out of the app and back in after a few minutes but since the last update I can't remember any time this happened.

On 2/4/2018 at 9:55 AM, Riylan said:

I've had this same issue since I can remember.  My solution is to just close the app each time I'm done with it, and open it fresh.  Seems to take about as long as switching tabs a couple times. 

I recently discovered that even if the timer is lagging you can hit the bottom and it will work... Just an observation, might help. 

2 hours ago, Republic of America said:

I recently discovered that even if the timer is lagging you can hit the bottom and it will work... Just an observation, might help. 

That's correct, as all time-based restrictions are enacted on our server (timer is just a visual indicator), otherwise it would be really easy to hack the app and cheat by manipulating the timer. :)