Domination: Earth

Combat Adjustments

Mr. D

Hi all,

A small server-side update has been released (no app downloads required), featuring a couple of adjustments:

• If the defending army is slain and some of your soldiers still haven't performed any action in the same round they will deal damage to the land and its structures straight away.
    I.e. it is no longer possible to prevent all land damage by mobilizing 1 soldier every round in a battle against a much larger army.
    For example, if I am attacked by 1,000 soldiers and only have 1 soldier defending my base, the initial attack wave will kill the defending soldier and the remaining damage will go straight into my walls (then attack structures, then land).

• It is no longer possible to perform remote strikes using Guard Towers, Missile Launchers and Nuclear Silos from a land that is currently being attacked by an army.
    You can still perform remote strikes from any other lands that are not being invaded right now.

Additionally, some of you may have noticed that resource limits are a bit more strict now; collected resources will no longer "disappear" if you don't have enough space to store them. Instead, you will see a notification informing you about the reached storage limits and the resource will remain on the map, awaiting to be collected whenever your base reaches next level or you spend some of your savings. ;)
Same applies to the resource stations: if pressing "Collect Resources" button doesn't award you with resources due to your storage being full, resource collection cooldown will not begin and you can re-attempt that action as soon as some space is freed.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if something doesn't make sense!

• Like 3

Not sure if it was intentional, but with this change, an important strategy is no longer possible. 

I can no longer travel to a few miles to where an opponent is, activate 10 super magnets, and clear out all the resources in their area to deny them personnel/supplies during a battle.  I haven't needed to use it yet, but it's been in my back pocket. 

Just figured I'd point it out. 

Are you referring to the fact that you can't pick up resources if you don't have enough space to store them?

If yes, your scenario still works, you just have to spend whatever you're picking up fast enough (I'm sure you have a few lands that could use a few extra sandbags? :)).

Yes, that's what I mean.  

As for building sandbags, they don't take personnel to build, and guard towers don't take many personnel. In addition to that, a land has to be at a certain level before you can build a guard tower on it, which means that alot of my lands can't have guard towers on them. 

Further, since the remote construction update, I have been building things on all my lands, so I've already used up alot(probably most) of the spaces for guard towers that I have. 

So, sure, I can use a few personnel(I estimate 70 maximum) on building things, but that won't be enough to deny anyone personnel here in my area.