Domination: Earth

Overlapping Bases

Ruvox

Question

Me and @SebRut are/were on a trip today to build additional bases. We've encountered a few strange things which might be nice to change/improve.

When you upgrade lands further than 100 km to your next base up to level 5 they concert into a new base. The sandbag walls get connected to that base. Other lands within the new bases reach but outside other bases reach do not count afterwards towards the base level steps. So this lands never scored any base levels(s).

When the action radius of two or more bases overlap its always the first built one to attack enemy lands. So even if the enemy lands would stand right next to a new base which I've build in 100 km distance to my older base. I could only attack it with the old base. So in fact having more bases with overlapping radius does weaken them in some kind.

The same thing goes with connected lands when I have a new base and want to level it up and am for example 20 km away from it and capture a new land but am just within the radius of an older base, the land will connect to the older base and level this up.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Makes sense, thanks for the investigative report! :)
I'll have a think about all this, but...

14 hours ago, Ruvox said:

The same thing goes with connected lands when I have a new base and want to level it up and am for example 20 km away from it and capture a new land but am just within the radius of an older base, the land will connect to the older base and level this up.

...how would you prefer this to happen?
"Nearest base gets the point" comes to mind, as any interactive prompts would make land captures a bit tedious. I'm open to other suggestions though! :)

I think to level bases up, it's the best option to choose always the nearest base.

But with attacking lands I would neither like this option. At the point where I might not attack a land which is within the radius of my base only because I have another base nearer to this land which might be already in combat somewhere else, I have the feeling that it's wrong in some kind. Although letting always the nearest base attack a land is a much better option than the current one. I think simply allowing all bases to attack a land which is within their radius is the best option.

6 hours ago, Ruvox said:

Is there any update on the mechanics (Which base gets updated)? This would influence my next trip-decisions :)

I've adjusted the land capture to award the nearest base instead of the first, but I haven't had a chance to finish combat-related fixes yet, sorry!

• Thanks 1