Domination: Earth

Combat mechanics

SebRut

Question

3 answers to this question

Certainly!

Core mechanics of every round (or "attack wave") is quite simple: up to 50 soldiers can act every 10 minutes and at the end of each round all of these 50 soldiers get a shot at the enemy forces.
So if you have an army of 1000 soldiers in combat only 50 will fire during each attack wave.

Simultaneously, up to 50 soldiers from the defending side do the same.
After each soldier from both sides has fired, casualties are calculated: by default every shot has a 50% lethality rate, i.e. a dice is rolled and it's a 50/50 chance for each acting soldier to die from enemy shots.
If your 50 defending soldiers are attacked by an army of 15, you are risking to lose up to 15 defending troops.

Defending side receives a defence bonus from structures (walls, base defence points) and the Tactician perk, while the attacking side can only use the perk bonus in combat.
If you have any points of defence (the purple shield icon), an additional dice roll will be performed in case the initial 50/50 chance fails and your soldier is supposed to die: the second roll has a chance of 1% per 2 points of defence to negate the effects of the first roll.
I.e. if you have 40 points of defence and your unlucky soldier fails the first roll there's a 20% chance that they're not going to die after all (and continue into next round).

If all of the defending forces are slain, structural & land damage is dealt and its amount depends on the total size of the attacking army: 1 point of damage per 50 soldiers in combat (up to 3 damage in total).

It is possible for multiple players to engage in the same battle, in which case their armies sum up and act as one, but for every additional player in battle 50 more soldiers get to act, i.e. 50 soldiers from each player.
Accordingly, structural damage from two player armies will also be greater.

Unfortunately, defenders don't get a luxury of ally support (yet), but this will change fairly soon, as more combat management features are planned. ;)

Please let me know if any of that doesn't make sense or if you have additional questions!

• Like 1

Thank you for your detailed explaination. :) 

25 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

Core mechanics of every round (or "attack wave") is quite simple: up to 50 soldiers can act every 10 minutes and at the end of each round all of these 50 soldiers get a shot at the enemy forces.
So if you have an army of 1000 soldiers in combat only 50 will fire during each attack wave.

Os if I understand this correctly, atm the only benefit of having large armies to attack is that you can pretty much leave combats unsupervised without the risk of running out of soldiers? (and from a defenders perspective; more soldiers to be slain till your structures get damaged)

11 minutes ago, SebRut said:

Thank you for your detailed explaination. :) 

Os if I understand this correctly, atm the only benefit of having large armies to attack is that you can pretty much leave combats unsupervised without the risk of running out of soldiers? (and from a defenders perspective; more soldiers to be slain till your structures get damaged)

Correct, after you stop getting damage bonuses from your army size (150+ soldiers) the amount of troops simply helps to extend combat duration and not worry about enemy reinforcements interfering with your success. :)

• Like 1