Domination: Earth

Vote: Land Size Formula

Mr. D

Vote: Land Size Formula  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How should land level determine its size?

• Current version: a static 5m circle radius per land level
    • Marcofi's formula: level increases the total circle area, not radius

Hi all,

@marcofi proposed a change to the land size formula, which reduces the size of high level lands (100+) and increases the size of all low-level lands.
As an example (discussed in the 1.15 news thread), instead of achieving a 3km radius from upgrading your land to level 500, you'd need around 10,000 levels to get a land of that size.
However, the initial land sizes would be bigger.

Here's the original thread about this change:

This subject's been brought up multiple times in various threads, so I've decided to turn it into a vote.

I'm going to leave this vote open for a few weeks, as the change is fairly fundamental and affects all of the existing lands in the game.

Any questions - please post, but do not forget to vote afterwards! ;)

1 hour ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

What about the stellaris version?

I've never actually played this game, but as far as I understood from a quick look at it, stellaris is based on an entirely different game mechanics which I'm not sure is compatible with what we're doing here (MMO-style).

I know you've asked for custom land shapes in the past, but I just don't see how that would fit into our "layered" capture system (where lands can be located within lands; non-pvp players exist within larger pvp-lands and there isn't a clear border distinction - no one is really blocked by actions of other players).
Have circles change their shape and flex around some territories (and not others) is going to be a nightmarish development for me that may not be worth the effort, to be completely honest.
Not only this would take many weeks to build (postponing all other features I have in my list), it's not actually going to bring much change/benefits to our current gameplay process and could end up being restrictive for areas with thousands of players in one city.

Anyway, this is a discussion for a separate thread; let's make up our minds in regard to the circle size formula first. :)