Domination: Earth

Trading lands during a war and bugs

Eagle

Hello, 

I have recently been fight a guy and his friend. His friend isn't lvl 10 and every time I watch the person he will trade the lands under attack to his friend which then turns grey. This makes the combat timer bug out and loop for a few hours with no result in the end. The person who is grey will then develop the land and trade it back to the it guy who can then attack and do that defense again. How do I combat this?

• Like 1

Also could be multi accounting. As soon as I attack there is an instant trade between 3 accounts I've found so far. He also changes his profile name often.  So far I've flagged Mr. Richardo, Calm down and Candiel4nd.

Hopefully Mr. D, you can find a solution to combat trading. As I am a big support of this game :) and enjoy it very much

Thanks, @Eagle!
I appreciate the report (that does sound like an annoying exploit and definitely points towards multi-logging) and happy to hear you're enjoying Domination. :)

I will release a fix today to block trades between different PvP statuses (i.e. preventing non-PvP players trading with PvP-enabled accounts and vice versa)!

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much. 

Justannoying now that I defeated him he is just going to rebuild as a grey flag till he wants to come and kill me ( most likely Muti grey accounts to mass up personally and the trade them all at once). I literally see 40+ grey flags all over my screen now lol.

Amazing job you are doing Mr. D :).

Edited by Eagle

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

Amazing job you are doing Mr. D :).

Thank you! :)

Ok, the aforementioned change is now in place; trading between PvP-enabled and non-PvP accounts should no longer be possible.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with! ;)

9 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

trading between PvP-enabled and non-PvP accounts should no longer be possible

I think this is a little bit problematic since I liked to buy lands of fresh players. Why totally forbid trade between PvP-enabled and non-PvP accounts ?
Wouldn't it be possible to just forbid the trading of lands which are under attack ? 
I think in that way you could make sure that everyone still can trade and still prevent those strange exploiting battle tactics.

5 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

I think this is a little bit problematic since I liked to buy lands of fresh players. Why totally forbid trade between PvP-enabled and non-PvP accounts ?
Wouldn't it be possible to just forbid the trading of lands which are under attack ? 
I think in that way you could make sure that everyone still can trade and still prevent those strange exploiting battle tactics.

It still allows for a possibility to "save" your large lands by quickly selling them off to your second account in between army attacks (there's a 1 hour cooldown between battles that allows performing such maneuvers).
I.e. I have a valuable level 1000 land, I'm going to lose 24 levels at most in one single battle, I sell it afterwards and rebuild defences in peace.

It just isn't fair that anyone willing to "disable" PvP on specific lands can do so!

I am also very disappointed that such strategies started to emerge, but at the moment I can't think of another solution that wouldn't be abused and that would invalidate use of multiple accounts in similar situations (I'm open to other ideas though!).

It might be an option to just do everything like before but allowing to attack any lands which where in the possession of a PvP-enabled player at any point before.
For example :
PvP-enabled player buys a land of a fresh player -> no problem
Fresh player buys land from PvP-enabled -> this land exclusively could be attacked by PvP-enabled players
Fresh player sells land to fresh player -> no problem
Fresh player sells land to fresh player which was previously owned by a PvP-enabled -> this land exclusively could be attacked by PvP-enabled players

This would prevent this selling tactic, would allow to trade for everyone and would prevent "washing" of the lands with many sells in a row.
Also I think high level players selling land to low level players is by far less common than the other way round.

Finally, I have to admit that this might be considered unfair towards fresh players and might be hard to implement (I have now idea about that one).

2 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

and might be hard to implement

That is pretty accurate; I'm getting a headache just imagining the amount of exceptions and logical hacks I'd need to introduce. :D
This could potentially solve the original problem, but is a bit of a nightmare to explain; I've had to re-read your post multiple times myself, but any new player would be completely lost in trying to understand when and why flags change colour. It seems that we'd need a different tutorial section just to cover the "land ownership & PvP status" mechanics, as I can foresee a constant stream of questions about "Why can one of my lands be attacked and not others?".

I'll have to think about this some more, as I'm not a huge fan of complex layered logic; we've ran into similar issues with automated land upgrades before and I've spent dozens of hours trying to perfect all scenarios, until we gave up and introduced the individual "Remote Capture" buttons (the simplest solution, as always, turned out to be the most elegant and effective :)).

Just to update..did an attack and I finally got back a land he took from me so it works!! 

Also definately think Candiel4nd / Calm down is his new multi/account. As soon as he realize he can't trade any more the locations where his former lands was ( that he traded off) expanded massively 7  to 19 in a five hoursish.  Guess I gotta wait till he hits lvl 10 to get any more of my land back.

Thanks for the quick fix tho. Can't wait to see what these guys think of next.

• Like 1

@Mr D. It is clear now he is cheating. He talks to me by changing his name in game. He is telling me he will show me how he gets his 'millions' of supplies' for free and that he can grow for free. This all makes sense as his powers ups around his land appear 4x as fast as mine. I hope you are investigating this.. when you have time :)

15 minutes ago, Eagle said:

he gets his 'millions' of supplies' for free and that he can grow for free.

If he is "cheating" then I must say he isn't very good at it (judging by his resources and base levels); I wouldn't pay much attention. :)

The only "cheat" anyone can really offer is to fake your GPS coordinates, but not only that is a slippery road to having your account wiped of all the progress (all fake GPS is detectable from our end - I will check the associated logs later) it also doesn't really give you any advantages in terms of resource generation frequency, storage limits or land growth; everyone is bound by the same server-side rules. :)

That is what I figured as I beat him at war.

But then I see three of lands grow at the same time and I guess he means becuase he has different accounts in the same spot he can spawn double or triple the resources in the area (tho I end up stealing them). Just wanted to make sure I'm not wasting my time lol.  But thanks Mr D. I know u are super busy.

• Like 1

@Mr D just I've more question. He is now building guard towers all around me with the lannds he traded ( maybe you shouldn't be able to build guard towers .. At least not lvl 3 till PvP?). And I realized something if he attacks with one account while I'm attacking his other account I will have no defenders right? I saw this when I attached ai and then he'd attack me. I was only able to defend if I retreated. So the question is how do I prepare for when all his accounts reach lvl 10 or how do you defend a multi person attack? Right now I'm thinking my only hope is to spot him hitting lvl ten and launch nukes.

Argh, that's annoying. :)

After I finish the next big update (the construction system overhaul) I was planning to start working on the new combat elements, such as the ability to "split" armies and have parts of it attack, while a specific group could be left to defend your lands.
However, I'll unlikely manage to finish everything this week; it is a lot of work...

Until then I've included a "multi-logging for the purpose of bypassing combat defence mechanics" as an unwelcome scenario in our "Code of Conduct", so if this happens - please let me know and I'll temporarily block combat activities on one of the attacker's account.

You can also try and find some allies who'd help you with your cause! ;)

There seems to be only one other really active player and he attacked me lol.. I think maybe 3-4 players are even in my city.. but I'll do my best to hang on. Thanks for the updates and responses! The next  round of nuke ammo refill is on me :)

• Like 1