Domination: Earth

Losing players &updates

The one true king

After there is just now another update to be installed via the app store, i just wanted to share something I was thinking about that I feel is coming players....

I think currently every update costs players, the game needs the update but there is no  in-game message. You have to read the forum to know and only a fraction of the players does this. The rest is stuck with an in-game problem and will quit or play on with the error. While i realize this game is really still being developed i feel that this on top of the latest update, that makes playing for active players way less intensive (I already played another game more active todau) is making the game losing players. While I understand the update it is clearly a partial one and like most I crave/need the next one to keep playing.

Knowing in advance what will happen igm is essential to keep players as well as complete updates (as I feel the 1.15 is a partial one creating need for the next one/activities to do in larger lands). I hope these 2 cents &changes might keep more people active...

This is a problem I also thought about. For us as active players who read in the forum frequently it's always nice to read about updates, changes and hotfixes and then try them out ingame. But I'm sure people who don't read in the forum frequently might be very confused when opening the app and see totally different game mechanics especially when they were server side changes of any kind. Please also consider that there are plenty of people who simply don't read changelogs in app- or playstore they might be confused as well. One little push notification might be nice for any change when it goes live. 

Completely agree with you guys and I'm sorry I dropped the ball with 1.15!
Most of our previous large updates did include a push notification, but I wanted to delay one about 1.15 as I felt that some hotfixes would be required after the initial release (which is pretty much what happened :)), and with the delayed App Store release the momentum was lost afterwards.

I've already started thinking about the "What's new" window and some form of an in-game "Newsfeed", as I agree that it's hard for everyone to know what's changed in the latest update.

However, I would like to mention that things aren't that grim as @The one true king describes; we aren't actually losing players right now and our growth continues. :)
Our biggest drop in active players happened in the beginning of January when we stopped using Google Maps (you may have noticed that "Players Online" counter on domination.earth fell from approx. 5,400 players to around 4,000), which I'm still struggling to explain (does everyone hate black map that much?!).
But if anything, our last several updates helped us to reduce the uninstall rate by -22%, so I'm hoping that we'll recover soon. :)

Anyway, there will definitely be an announcement via Push as soon as the new construction system is live, and I'll work on the in-game notifications as well when I get a chance!

• Like 1

When you make 1.15 upgrade i "finish" game. Now i can only collect resources. My base is now about 1200lvl.(radius about 5km from my home) i work about 4km from home.  Then in home and work i cant do anything

When i move with my children we move about 2-3km ( they have 1.5 and 3.5 years) 

I donrt know how long i will play if nothing change...  This is very good game .  When i find good game for me i cant play:(

@Masterman rest assured, I am working on a new system that will allow checking-in within captured lands. ;)
This is my number #1 priority right now and there won't be any other releases until this is complete.
It may take a few days as it's a really big development that involves a complete overhaul of the construction system, but I'm positive that it will be released next week or sooner!