Domination: Earth

Problems after upgrade

Angleà

On quite a few occasions after an update, I've been under attack without knowing as the notification settings had changed like the last update which was done automatically and I wasn't aware of until I read the forum and as it had been already done I assumed my notifications would have also stayed on but they had been turned off.

Another issue after one of the previous updates is if I look at the menu leaderboards or forum I can't always get the menu to disappear once the map is back on the screen and it gets stuck on the map page.

Hi @Angleà!

Thanks for the report, but I did not change anyone's notification settings (not intentionally, at least :))!

21 minutes ago, Angleà said:

I wasn't aware of until I read the forum and as it had been already done

Can you point me to where that was mentioned, please?
I don't think there were any notification-related updates recently, although my memory could be failing. :)

In any case, I will investigate what's going on as you're still supposed to be getting all notifications as usual.

25 minutes ago, Angleà said:

Another issue after one of the previous updates is if I look at the menu leaderboards or forum I can't always get the menu to disappear once the map is back on the screen and it gets stuck on the map page.

Ok, will look into it! ;)

When I referred to the forum, I meant I wasn't aware of another upgrade until I read about it.

I know there has been a recent post about the possibility of getting an in game notification about upgrades, maybe you can add one about the settings whenever there is an upgrade too

22 hours ago, Angleà said:

Since my last post here, all my notifications have switched themselves off again without my knowledge.

Hmm, that is quite weird... please let me know if that happens again after the next update (1.16) that should go live any day now!

9 hours ago, Mr. D said:

Hmm, that is quite weird... please let me know if that happens again after the next update (1.16) that should go live any day now!

Its literally switching off every few seconds so messing up the game for me  as I keep getting flags right next to one another instead of leveling up nearby bases even if I stayed in the same spot I got extra flags and I've just discovered FOT has been on a rampage  without my knowledge so I hope this can be rectified by the update, I just looked on Google play and it's not available yet so maybe tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Angleà said:

Its literally switching off every few seconds so messing up the game for me  as I keep getting flags right next to one another instead of leveling up nearby bases even if I stayed in the same spot I got extra flags and I've just discovered FOT has been on a rampage  without my knowledge so I hope this can be rectified by the update, I just looked on Google play and it's not available yet so maybe tomorrow.

@Angleà I'd definitely recommend getting the 1.16 update, as there's something seriously wrong with your app (I'm hopeful that the update fixes that)!
Can you please try opening, closing and re-opening the Play Store again, as sometimes there's a local cache that prevents you from seeing the update (but it refreshes upon forceful store relaunch).

Please let me know if you still can't see version 1.16 after that!

15 hours ago, Mr. D said:

@Angleà I'd definitely recommend getting the 1.16 update, as there's something seriously wrong with your app (I'm hopeful that the update fixes that)!
Can you please try opening, closing and re-opening the Play Store again, as sometimes there's a local cache that prevents you from seeing the update (but it refreshes upon forceful store relaunch).

On 15/02/2018 at 9:17 AM, Mr. D said:

The new update didn't help, notifications still switch off immediately after turning them on and I had trouble replying in this forum as well, don't think the game likes me anymore lol

1 minute ago, Angleà said:

The new update didn't help, notifications still switch off immediately after turning them on and I had trouble replying in this forum as well, don't think the game likes me anymore lol

Wait, did you actually hit "Save" in the upper right corner of "My Profile" (on the blue bar that says "My Profile") after changing the notification settings? :)
As I can't think of any other explanation why these would reset!