Domination: Earth

Utility Structures in 1.16

marcofi

Hi,

If I tap on an utility structure I see a tooltip with a "build" icon. The build icon is actually unrelated to the structure, because it opens the building menu of the land, where I cannot build anything about utility structures.

Wouldn't be more logic to have the "capture" icon (the flag) instead? So I could upgrade my utility structure if I am within the range (50m).

6 hours ago, marcofi said:

Hi,

If I tap on an utility structure I see a tooltip with a "build" icon. The build icon is actually unrelated to the structure, because it opens the building menu of the land, where I cannot build anything about utility structures.

That's right! I've added that button there as a shortcut to the main construct button in the centre of a land for convenience, as on my test server I've had lots of structures all over the level 1000 land and it was annoyingly painful to look for the only building that has this button to build something new. :)

Would there be any benefit for having a separate flag button that has the same effect as the large flag button? It's easy for me to do that, just trying to understand how it would be used. Or do you want it to say "you are too far away from the selected structure" instead of creating a new one?

13 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

Would there be any benefit for having a separate flag button that has the same effect as the large flag button? It's easy for me to do that, just trying to understand how it would be used. Or do you want it to say "you are too far away from the selected structure" instead of creating a new one?

I see that it's easier for you to make a shortcut. It could be a fast solution. But imho the optimal solution would be the other option. If I tap a flag icon of a structure, it's because I'd like to upgrade just that structure, and I may get the message "you are too far" if it's the case. 

Anyway I won't complain if you choose the fast solution.

5 minutes ago, marcofi said:

I see that it's easier for you to make a shortcut. It could be a fast solution. But imho the optimal solution would be the other option. If I tap a flag icon of a structure, it's because I'd like to upgrade just that structure, and I may get the message "you are too far" if it's the case. 

Anyway I won't complain if you choose the fast solution.

Oh, no, it's not "either or". :)
My first paragraph was me explaining "why" I added the construct button, the second one is just enquiring about what advantages you'd get from a smaller flag button on a tooltip (two separate unrelated thoughts :)).

I'm happy to add the flag button for convenience of structure selection, but I'd also like to keep the construct button as well, as in a mess of 100 buildings standing close to the land's centre is actually quite hard to select the only building in the centre that has the construct button.

The additional utility structure flag button will be added in the next version. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1