Domination: Earth

Playing inside base land

marcofi

Hi,

The new 1.16 update added several buildings and upgrades to do when we stay in our land, that is very good.

However if you are inside a base territory, you cannot do any of the new things.

At the beginning of the game a message tells us that we have to position the base when we can be present often, tipically the home or the workplace. However currently it is better that the base is more far away, so that we can build utility structures and upgrade them while sitting on the sofa, that is impossible to do if I am inside a base land.

Yes, but on the other hand having a land at home is only going to let you build one level 1,000 turret, solar panel, silo or comms relay and you'll have no ability to collect warehouse/assembly plant items (which is a major feature!). ;)

Considering that you still can't really grow your land while staying at home (you will have to leave to create more lands for merging and you can't place a second utility structure in the same spot) I'm ok with both setups (base or large land in your home)!

But it is possible that some construction options will be added to the base's land eventually too. ;)

I would also love to be able to upgrade solar panels, silos etc from the couch at home, but in my case too the base is there and prevents that. Of course I also love that I can produce and collect items while at the base. I would like to be able to have both these benefits.

By the way, how can you upgrade solar panels, silos, etc today? You have to be standing right on top of them? Haven't found any upgrade button anywhere, so I just keep building them at lvl 1 and my land starts to look like s junkyard...

3 hours ago, Un4Seen said:

By the way, how can you upgrade solar panels, silos, etc today? You have to be standing right on top of them? Haven't found any upgrade button anywhere, so I just keep building them at lvl 1 and my land starts to look like s junkyard...

You have to be 50m away from them (or closer), but a shortcut button allowing to select a Utility Structure within 50m has already been requested and will be added in one of the future versions! ;)