Domination: Earth

Player disadvantage

DSEGTeam

I was wondering if there is a way you can make the battle mechanics more fair.

As I am a new player, I never get a chance to do anything because this guy in my area rated level 20, I'm just 8 going on to level 9- 10..but this way higher level guy keeps attacking and taking my 1 or 2 little lands I have to expand but I can't expand bcuz all he does I swear to God is send troops towards me every single hour of the day..when the battle ends an hour later he does it again..over n over.

It's just getting to the point where the constant attacks is annoying and also way outta hand now.

And now that you made it possible to build basically a circle land and set defences on it..there is no way ever I will win..

In all honesty..it's making me wanna quit because there is no chance or leeway for me to advance..and despite I had level 19..I still think it's unfair to anybody who has the advantage over you no matter what u do..he destroys or takes everything I own..every little land i pick up..he takes away instantly forcing me not to grow...basically I have nothing now but my base and my 1 little spot beside my base.

I was level 18 base once but a player decides to use 2000+ soldiers and all their guard towers and all their nukes they possibly have to take me down back to level 1 base.

Now what I think is not fair is that someone can costantly attack you 24 hrs a day..7 days a weak..picking on the little guys.

I really think you should have a better system where bigger players can't bash smaller players so often...maybe set level differences for battles..example..level 20 can't attack 10 but can attack anyone 5 levels above or below him..

This way it gives us a chance to grow and enjoy the game..the game is definitely  not enjoyable when a bigger player constantly bashes you as a small player.

The only thing I truly hate about this game is that super high level players can attack and take everything u own and just leave u with a level 1 base..after working so hard for that level 18 base..now down to level 1 in 25 waves in a 2 hr span just nuking and tower shooting and sending troops to my actual base.

Is there a way you can change the battle mechanic sequence?

Is there a way you can set attacks on a person per day to not unlimited times?

Like..maybe he can attack me only 1 or 3 per day as a Lil player?

That way we have a chance to expand and enjoy the game?

I'm telling you one thing..if you mention "oh that's why u must reach lev 10 for pvp"...understandable but still very unfair for players who abuse the bashing power..such as 1 person I know that is very selfish and abuses this power constantly and every single minute and hour of the day.

Hi @DSEGTeam!

The problem you're describing is one that I'm quite familiar with myself. :)
Don't worry, I share your pain and one of the reasons combat enhancements are next on my list is to address this issue: "Domination: Earth" is really more about travels than PvP, but some players attack like there's no tomorrow!

I'm still working out all the details, as simple daily attack limits may cause even more pain: imagine you having only 3 attacks to retaliate against such an unstoppable force (lands of level 1000+ would take years to destroy!).

But something will change in this area, definitely. ;)

• Thanks 1

I think it's a very important issue you mention there. I will just leave mho here as a high level player. I will stick to a more general explanation/thoughts since this might not be only your problem but a more common issue.

First, I have to admit that it can be very very hard to start playing when you have a big player in your "neighborhood". Having the baselevel 10 PvP cap was a nice step in the right direction.

There are a few reasons I thought about why a high level player might attack you:

1. He more or less controls the area which took him much time of hard work at this point likely more effort than you put into the game. He might be afraid of you gaining to much power which would result in him losing control or you getting control over him.
  2. As a high level player you can make "aggressive negotiations" which means more or less he want's you to sell him or tribute him one of your lands which you might not want to give so he tries to take it by force.
  3. You might have attacked an ally of him. Some of us take alliances especially to keep peace very serious.
  4. Some of your lands might stand in the way of him and stopped his growth but he doesn't want a alliance for some reason.
  5. Maybe he really just likes to conquer lands for fun.

More diplomatic options might be very helpful in some of this cases. However, there are a few things I would suggest to you:

1. Think about what you might loose. If he just wants one small land of yours it might be better to let him take it (let him buy it or switch "defend surrounding lands" off for a very short period). This land won't really hurt you much but might save you from many casualties.
  2. Only take revenge when you really think you have a chance since it will make your base visible (which  might lead to even more damage on your side). Especially if he captured land from you consider to attack this since it is harder to defend a small level 1 land and takes some time to build defence leading to more casualties on his side.
  3. Try to contact him. Maybe you'll find him in the forum or the discord and can talk to him about some kind of a peace treaty.
  4. Try to find allies! This one is very important if you want to make sure to grow secure and peacefully but also when you are under attack of a "bully". There might be other players in your area who are also under attack by him or are at least afraid of attacks and want to fight with you together for peace or even to conquer some of his lands. There are some tactics how allies can really harm one lonely big player.
  5. If nothing helps, don't attack back this makes your base visible but instead of build and repair as many defence as you can and of course recruit more and more soldiers. Go out, take your Super Magnets and collect resources. If he proceeds to attack you he will loose many soldiers for every singe casualty on your side. This might result in him getting out of resources or at least getting tired of loosing so many resources and soldiers for nothing. Also think about which perks might make the most sense in your situation, ;) fortification can be a mighty force.

Of course some changes towards those fighting mechanics would me very nice and I am sure @Mr. D will do his best to adjust everything towards a state where everyone can have equally fun as he always does. But let's admit that it wouldn't be fair to take away all of the force of the big players since the most of them are not aggressive and have worked very hard to become the leaders/players in charge for their country or region. But loosing nearly all of your progress in the game is not funny at all.

Lastly I want to mention that I was not the nicest or most peaceful player myself in the past but some updates let me focus my gaming more towards traveling, establish new bases and keeping a peaceful relationship to my neighbors. Seeing players leaving the game isn't fun for anyone. Fighting is now more about the Ai and to defend my allies if necessary. But that doesn't mean that I would never tend to "aggressive negotiations" again if some land of another player really bothers me or somehow threatens me. 

Edited by Ruvox
  • Like 2

Lol I was complaining about this guy originally and his double account. He isn't some new player. He was the biggest guy around his lands over lapped my own which is how this war started. Everything he is describing is what he did to me (read discord chat about my 5 days of no sleep). In fact the lands I'm taking from him are the ones he took from me. He was the high and mighty and now I am.. but we both complain equally lol.. but still trading 80% of your lands to a non PvP account when you started losing sucked for me. But if Mr. D makes the game more fair I'm all for it. Just don't complain too much about day and night attack becuase you did that to me for a whole week( and it's documented). 

Edited by Eagle

This was posted last week by me, from me on discord in the Warlords chat as people were asking about the validity of nukes and the reports coming out from our fights. As you will read you did this to me way before I did it to you. The irony is huge here.

it began when I woke up and this player who was 2.3km away from me merged serveral lands into a hugh 400 land.This land over lapped my own. I used a guard tower to attack him to lower his land output (ironically because his land was so large my towers could attack him, but he couldnt attack me. At this point he began sending a large army (1050) attacks to my base). I fended up the ttack with 300 soliders but he kept sending them every hour until my base had 0 attackers and he had 800 left over. At this point he would send attacks and all I could do was repair. I did this for 3-4 days, repairing every wave, every 10 minutes, every 3 hours. I did not get any sleep but managed to hold off my base. After a few days he began attacking level one outposts (of which I lost 20 in the end).

At least this time while he attacked I was able to get two hours of sleep. Using the guard towers I managed to destory his sandbags and his base walls/towers. I do not believe he had learned yet how to repair. Once this happend I focued daily on lowering his land levels, while repairing my own (this worked because I had a supply factory). By the time I got his land to 250 over a few days I was getting tired so I invested in a nuke silo. This rapidly reduced his land to 1 and his base to 1 (he had no walls up) within a day. at this point I get some tactician perks and he would suddenly attack my nuke silo. Having a levl 10 wall and the perk I defended with 50-100 men at a time. With so much defense I was able to trade 1 man for 3 of his. Evenutally he was down to about 150 men left, while I kept my guard tower and nukes up to prevent him from building towers of his own.

I still could not defend against attacks however from the army and was still awake repairing day and night. At this point I decide something needed to be done. I took 20 magnets (10 active and 10 in backpack) and went around my city). I gathers up roughly 600 supply and army. I waited till the 5th wave of attacks on an attack one night, thinking he would just attack and go to sleep) and then I deployed my army. I was right, he didn't expect resistance and I crushed his army. At this time unbeknowst to me, he did not actually go out and farm resources and thus had nothing left, relying on his 400 land to gather stuff for him automatically. I began attacking his HQ, and he learnt how to repair. Fearing a build up, I would nuke him when his base reached level 5 every time. He managed to move his base just out of range and tried building up again. It was at this point I realized he has multiple accounts all working in tandem vs me.

I could not allow him to rebuild so I moved my base within range and nuked him. He then traded all his lands to a new acocunt he made in the same location so I could not take back what was taken from me as these lands were now no longer pvp flaged. At this point I saw he was building up personnel and army in his new account that he would then trade to his bigger account (this problem was sovled with non-trading with pvp/nonpvp accounts). At this point he began begging me to stop by changing his ingame name to something like "Eagle I will show u how to get 1 million supplies free.. just peace me). However as I am still down 18 lands I declined. The nuke was powerful. It saved me maybe 5 days worth of time from guard tower.

But the main strenght I had to over come superior person was - 1. I repaired constantly day and night (he did not) 2. I tactically saved my units to defend only when i was at an advantage 3. I had to give up lots of lands 4. I spend time to go out and gather, and he did not 5. Had he repaired his concreate wall even a level 3 nuke can not destory it. I would say the nuke gave me the momentum I needed to keep playing, but it was my own lack of sleep (he literally sent army waves every 2 hours for 4-5 days). That won it.

This is my perspective looking back. The total cost with nukes and all was prohibitive for the benefit. Looking back now I should have just waited till my guard towers took it out (they already did 150 damage).. but the lack of sleep was killing my life so I paid. (I should mention this was part of a strategy that I wanted to save up 300 army.. get his base to level one then deploy as he could not bring more than 100 army to fight me.. however this could have been done with guard towers alone)

@Mr D Sorry for clogging up ur forums. This will be the last reply from me :P

And this is what I wrote when it started Feb 1
LOOKS FAMILIAR DOESN'T IT :)

02/01/2018

hi im having a tough time! this person just showed up and in one month has thier base at lvl 400 overlapping my own base

02/01/2018

i fended off a 1000+ solider attack today with just 260 people but I dnt know wht more i can do since I can't collect resources or do anything really any more within my own area.. am I dead? :frowning: They guy's name is DSEG State

02/01/2018 I pretty much was willing to give up the game tonight.. there just isn't anything I can do I guess But I figured it was good enough(the game) to reach out and see if there was a solution I can't even capture lland around my base anymore so I can't gather resources

You didn't take all your lands back..you took everything from every player around!

Also I only have 1 account.

Mr D has already investigated and found out I only have 1 account.

Just cuz my friends joined to help doesn't mean I am cheating.

Plus you started the war by non stop tower attacks and low ball nukes.

Go hide behind your nukes.

We will get you soon..Alliance takedown until u stop attacking us.

Lol yes your friends live all at the exact same ip points as your old bases, and all the purple flags went grey and yet the only ones to get lvls are the ones (Interesting that there are 4 flags all named Ghaill Bakery, is your alliance family members?) where you live at in that area. I'd like to see the quote where Mr. D says you have only one account.

All I have is our discussion that you aren't cheating (I thought you might be but he said you were not and I accept that). Multi-accounting isn't illegal/cheating, only for combat it is.

As Mr.D Said

'Until then I've included a "multi-logging for the purpose of bypassing combat defence mechanics" as an unwelcome scenario in our "Code of Conduct", so if this happens - please let me know and I'll temporarily block combat activities on one of the attacker's account'

Lol alliance take down? You do realize my alliance stretches across to Vancouver, but sure I welcome pvp action. There isn't much else to do when you are maxed out on resources and personally I can not transfer more army to other bases as they are maxed out too.. so True I brought the fight to you, now bring it back to me. If you want me to hide behind my nukes I will, I have enough steam cards to do a 2 hour sustained nuke which will cost you 25 supplies every 5 mins to repair. So I hope you saved up 600 supplies for repairing, because it will be at 4 am :).

#1- I live in a building dude..think a little bit.

And there is only I Plaza beside us.

#2- My friends "saved" my lands from your bashing!, if not you'd have everything!

Thank God trade was working before update :)

#3- You can say what you want, I'm not the one who started.

#4- if you don't stop attacking me or my friends, we will alliance bombard you with nukes and wavrs of troops and our own guard towers that will make you wanna quit, u think your guard towers and sentry set ups are gonna help? ..or your measly 1700 troops?. ..expect the unexpecte..we are collecting and have already accumulated more than what you have.....we will surround you and deplete your base as you did us..so either be prepared for the apocalypse or man up and truce it up immediately!

4 minutes ago, DSEGTeam said:

#1- I live in a building dude..think a little bit.

And there is only I Plaza beside us.

#2- My friends "saved" my lands from your bashing!, if not you'd have everything!

Thank God trade was working before update :)

#3- You can say what you want, I'm not the one who started.

#4- if you don't stop attacking me or my friends, we will alliance bombard you with nukes and wavrs of troops and our own guard towers that will make you wanna quit, u think your guard towers and sentry set ups are gonna help? ..or your measly 1700 troops?. ..expect the unexpecte..we are collecting and have already accumulated more than what you have.....we will surround you and deplete your base as you did us..so either be prepared for the apocalypse or man up and truce it up immediately!

As quoted by eagle about nukes..is exactly what I have explained about bashing...only choice my alliance has is to save up and do the same back until there's a truce or fixed update to prevent this bashing. 

Edited by DSEGTeam

#1. Fair enough

#2. As one of the other players (Which I got Mr.D to Fix) stated trading towards a non-PvP enabled player is definetly BYPASSING combat mechanics so this was indeed very questionable.

#3. Yes I started it to reduce you lands covering my base so I could collect resources, But your started the whole "bashing" by attacking day and night (as I am doing now) for 5 days straight. I'm only doing what you did to me.

Also for the other players land I took, I attacked only one other player the t.dotsix king and that was because he attacked me with 42 troops which revealed his base.

#4. Again it doesn't matter all our money goes to help Mr.D so I'm all for it. We can nuke each other to level 1 and back again, because silos an bases can not be destroyed. So it will be just a question of money which I don't mind because I think Dan is doing an awesome job. There will never be a truce so I'll start up the nuking tomorrow then on whatever is left of your lvl 10 base and then you can nuke me back and we'll just have war.

This is all definitely none of my business so feel free to just ignore the following command.

It seems to me as you two are about to start some sort of "total war" on each other, you both want to fight the other one down, you both don't hesitate to use lots of nukes. I only see four ways how this could end:

1. You both fighting each other until the point where at least one of you has lost too much money or is just tired of fighting any further and leaves the game.
  2. At one point one of you both might surrender and accept a peace under the winners conditions.
  3. You just find a solution for your problem and coexist peacefully in the future.
  4. Since 1 and 2 may cost you loads of money and option 3 seems to don't be considered of one of you I see a fourth little more creative option. Both of you would be "allowed" to nuke the other one until everything is broken. At this point you could sign some sort of anti-nuclear-weapon-treaty and proceed to fight each other but only with conventional weapons and rebuild everything. In this way you could fight each other and had more or less equal chances which don't depend on your money but more on ingame effort. And Mr. D would also get a little support which would be great without one of you loosing too much money.

Seems I like lists today :D

Again it's none of my business and just some sort of idea independent of all other circumstances.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

This is all definitely none of my business so feel free to just ignore the following command.

It seems to me as you two are about to start some sort of "total war" on each other, you both want to fight the other one down, you both don't hesitate to use lots of nukes. I only see four ways how this could end:

1. You both fighting each other until the point where at least one of you has lost too much money or is just tired of fighting any further and leaves the game.
  2. At one point one of you both might surrender and accept a peace under the winners conditions.
  3. You just find a solution for your problem and coexist peacefully in the future.
  4. Since 1 and 2 may cost you loads of money and option 3 seems to don't be considered of one of you I see a fourth little more creative option. Both of you would be "allowed" to nuke the other one until everything is broken. At this point you could sign some sort of anti-nuclear-weapon-treaty and proceed to fight each other but only with conventional weapons and rebuild everything. In this way you could fight each other and had more or less equal chances which don't depend on your money but more on ingame effort. And Mr. D would also get a little support which would be great without one of you loosing too much money.

Seems I like lists today :D

Again it's none of my business and just some sort of idea independent of all other circumstances.

I'm all for the peace, he's not...and that 5 day thing ended up a 2 week invasion..and much overtake with no care for other players. ..as to eagle..I did not know I was blocking anything..if we had a communication I would of known..yes I am new player yes I was lvl 400..but I did not know about its effect on other players...please stop attacking and let us enjoy the game!

As in a forum post many players such as I don't now about updates unless in discord or wherever..so have a conscience and let us also enjoy the reaps of growing our lands!

I got attacked by someone to that gave me no chance, and that was very annoying. I couldn't even recapture one of my pieces of land because if I would do that, it would show my base and I would get completely crushed.

Isn't there a fix for that too?