Domination: Earth

20.02 AI Restraints

Mr. D

Hi all,

Just a small update to let you know about a recent change in the AI behaviour ("Force of Terror"):

• The AI will no longer use army to attack players if they have very few soldiers and the AI's army is much greater (e.g. a player has 50 soldiers, while the AI has 500).
    However, it will continue using any attack structures in its possession and it will use army if it is equal or smaller in size than its target's.

• In addition to AI's base level limiting the number of soldiers it can build, it can no longer produce more soldiers than the total amount existing between all players in a 100km radius around the AI's base.
    I.e. if there are 3 players around with 0, 15 and 100 soldiers in total the AI can only build up to 115 soldiers on its base even if it is of a much greater level (e.g. level 20, allowing up to 2,000 soldiers in theory).

I'm hoping that this adjustment will reduce the political tension existing in low-level areas with very few players. :)

Please let me know if you have any questions!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Masterman said:

Maybe you add possibility to capture  force of terror lands?   this is only 1st lvl land.  

What you think?

Sorry @Masterman, but destruction of these lands was added on purpose; here's my original post about it:

In short: since the AI is an active player constantly travelling around you capture of its land will allow you to have new lands around your city without actually leaving home, which is a big "no no". :)

It's a good change for me as I stopped playing this week due to having my bases continually demolished and only having a tiny amount of soldiers or none at all, I ran out of coins too as some bases with guard towers etc I had to be rebuilt 3 or more times as they kept being destroyed since the A1 was introduced.

On 20.02.2018 at 9:32 PM, AntKeeper said:

Я не видел террористов в радиусе 100 км в течение нескольких дней, поэтому я начинаю беспокоиться о них :-) Как часто они появляются?

Я их тоже не вижу в ОДЕССЕ)))))

6 hours ago, Dudlic1981 said:

Я их тоже не вижу в ОДЕССЕ)))))

:) Let's speak English here as it is international topic. Yes, I still don't see any reachable terrorist. So no new perks. It's a pity.

One more problem - leaderboard is not updated. I have base level 18 and there is still level 16. That's why I don't like Google Play's ratings. They look like something unnatural for any application.

15 hours ago, AntKeeper said:

One more problem - leaderboard is not updated. I have base level 18 and there is still level 16. That's why I don't like Google Play's ratings. They look like something unnatural for any application.

They are a bit annoying, I agree!
Our own custom leaderboards are already in my task list, so hold on; Google Play ratings are only temporary. ;)

15 hours ago, AntKeeper said:

Yes, I still don't see any reachable terrorist. So no new perks. It's a pity.

Hmm... could be another Google Geolocation failure; they seem to have very little data about Ukraine and its surroundings (and we've also experienced a few issues in Russia too)!
Will investigate.

6 hours ago, Mr. D said:

Hmm... could be another Google Geolocation failure;

That's interesting. Not sure I understand how Google Services are used to generate terrorists. I was thinking that game generates them using own rules and places in some random locations near active players. BTW today one of my land was attacked by terrorists right after I had upgraded it. It was very weak attack but there is still no any visible lands/bases nearby. Maybe they are ninjas :-)

Edited by AntKeeper

1 hour ago, AntKeeper said:

That's interesting. Not sure I understand how Google Services are used to generate terrorists. I was thinking that game generates them using own rules and places in some random locations near active players. BTW today one of my land was attacked by terrorists right after I had upgraded it. It was very weak attack but there is still no any visible lands/bases nearby. Maybe they are ninjas :-)

You may have noticed that all captured lands are labelled with towns/city names to which they belong, and that information is taken from Google's reverse geolocation database or Google Places.
The game would be boring if it consisted only of nameless flags and raw coordinates, which is why all captured lands and bases are associated with real-world places. :)

Accordingly, if a set of coordinates sent to Google doesn't return any data from any of its databases (e.g. if those are coordinates from another planet or, well, Ukraine :)) the land capture may fail; the same applies to terrorists.
It happens extremely rarely as at least one data point is usually present (and I've recently connected another 3rd party database for players in the Republic of Crimea and its surroundings), but that's still a theoretical possibility.

However, if the AI did attack you after all then this is not the case; most likely the terrorist base is just outside of your visibility radius right now. ;)

Theoretically yes, they are limited by the same distance (100km from base), but the AI doesn't just attack everyone within this radius; it is only looking for targets close enough to its lands (usually between 2-5km from where you are currently or where one of your lands is).

In other words you may not be able to see the AI straight away, but it usually is somewhere nearby within a short driving distance. :)