Domination: Earth

Mini-update: Capture Optimization

Mr. D

Hi all,

A relatively small set of fixes went live today; no game logic is changing (apart from one bit: healing a building that's already at maximum health will no longer initiate land capture timer), but the speed of land capture and resource collection should improve slightly.
In other words there should be a bit less lag between the moment you press any flag button and the response message arriving.

For that to happen I've had to rebuild some internal mechanics relevant to the capture timer, so please let me know if the timer breaks for you or doesn't work in a particular capture scenario (e.g. upgrading, building utility structures or anything else).

I notice that the timer is often out ingame. I will get a message that labs capture available but when I go into the game the flag is still counting down. Most starting at the time I last left the app. To reset I have to go in and out of another part of the game (ie messages or boosts). Hoping this fix corrects this. 

• 1 month later...

So since you fixed this one some time ago

On 27.2.2018 at 12:55 PM, Mr. D said:

healing a building that's already at maximum health will no longer initiate land capture timer

I wondered if this post still counts

On 15.2.2018 at 9:11 PM, Mr. D said:

Building Utility Structures provides you with base XP, as well as healing constructions purchased from the "Construct" tab.
Just checking in next to a perfectly healthy sandbag wall is only going to generate resources (no experience).

Or if healing a structure of full health will just don't perform any capture action any longer so neither spawn or collect resources nor adding base points. Which would make the most sense in my opinion.

Additionally, does healing also affects the "basic buildings" of a land of level 100 or above if performed in the middle of the land resulting in no upgrade ?

Sorry for reviving this old post but I don't have the ability to try this out now and I finally found some time to write in the wiki again :D

Edited by Ruvox

1 hour ago, Ruvox said:

Sorry for reviving this old post but I don't have the ability to try this out now and I finally found some time to write in the wiki again :D

No problem; all of these questions are good and valid! :)

1 hour ago, Ruvox said:

Additionally, does healing also affects the "basic buildings" of a land of level 100 or above if performed in the middle of the land resulting in no upgrade ?

I'm afraid not; "pre-100 buildings" are not affected by the new healing functionality, but this wasn't omitted on purpose and is very likely to change in the future updates (I just didn't have a chance to adjust these buildings to use the new mechanics yet!).

1 hour ago, Ruvox said:

Or if healing a structure of full health will just don't perform any capture action any longer so neither spawn or collect resources nor adding base points. Which would make the most sense in my opinion.

Yup, I believe that is the case!
If a building hasn't been healed by your action and this action hasn't resulted in any new utility structures being placed then the 15 minute timer will not start and this action will be ignored (as if it never happened).
Resources are only generated if a utility structure is created or some health is restored to an existing building.

1 hour ago, Ruvox said:

I wondered if this post still counts

I suspect it is; is there any evidence to indicate otherwise? :)
It's been some time since I last tested this functionality, so if something broke please let me know! ;)

• Like 1