Domination: Earth

1.17.1 Map Style

Mr. D

Hi all,

You may remember that I promised an updated map style by the end of this week, so here goes!

Unfortunately, I've had to pause development of a custom "Domination: Earth" OSM style, as it's starting to take longer than anticipated and I'd hate to not release any new features in the next couple of weeks because of that (and then there's Easter, we can't miss that!).

However, I remembered a lot of positive feedback about our previous Google Maps style and decided to bring it back!
As mentioned previously, we can't have multiple OSM styles (as they're ludicrously expensive to host), but we can still use Google Maps in parallel to OSM, which means...

* drum roll *

Please welcome the new profile setting named "Map Style" allowing to choose between Google and OSM (current black theme) map!
All accounts have been set to use Google map by default, but you can switch back to OSM if preferred.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or feedback! ;)

P.S. The update is now available on the Play Store and App Store.

• Like 2

That's nice but I'm used to the OSM style now so will stick to this one :D But having a choice is always a great thing!

5 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

will appear on the App Store later this week

Hope you are not promising too much to our Apple using fellows...xD

6 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

I've had to pause development of a custom "Domination: Earth" OSM style, as it's starting to take longer than anticipated

I'm sure you will get this sooner or later since this would mean you could just fix, optimize or add thing much faster and easier as we know it from you. But indeed there is so much exciting  other stuff to do at the moment and what would be a day without any update or fix on Domination xD

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

Hope you are not promising too much to our Apple using fellows...xD

Haha, well it's all in Apple's hands now; the app is waiting for their review, as always. :)

18 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

But indeed there is so much exciting  other stuff to do at the moment and what would be a day without any update or fix on Domination xD

That's what I thought too! :)

In any case, I really appreciate your support and positive feedback! ;)

Seems to have broken the game in iOS. I am unable to use any of the small icon on land. That is build , grow, attack etc. all I can do is use the large flag. Works if I change back to the old map style. But IOS not coping with google maps. 

Edited by Roosterman

13 hours ago, Roosterman said:

Seems to have broken the game in iOS. I am unable to use any of the small icon on land. That is build , grow, attack etc. all I can do is use the large flag. Works if I change back to the old map style. But IOS not coping with google maps. 

Aw, that's annoying! Sorry for that!

Will look into this problem. ;)

19 hours ago, marcofi said:

If it only had a little more contrast, it would be my favourite.

Sorry, I'm afraid that design is provided as is; can't really modify it!

I would like to point out though that Google allows zooming in a lot closer than OSM, which is what I personally like about it. :)

On 03/03/2018 at 2:11 AM, Roosterman said:

Google Maps fix sent to the App Store for review; as soon as it gets approved you should get an update (hopefully within the next day or two). ;)

Please let me know if the land tooltip buttons still don't work for you after that!