Domination: Earth

Problem with gps?

Masterman

Hi!

If it's a one-off thing and your position eventually synchronized with the right spot then I'd say it's just your hardware acting up; unfortunately, there's only so much I can do in terms of GPS precision (i.e. just ask your phone "where are you?" and hope it responds truthfully :)) and sometimes it may jump somewhere it's not.

However, if this is possible to reproduce and happens constantly while playing (e.g. you've been in the game for 10 minutes, the blue dot appears to move and isn't static, but it is moving 12km away from your actual position and never jumps to the right spot) then there could be another problem...

So my question is: did your position synchronize correctly in the end or you're still in a wrong town? :)

Ok, then it's most likely a hardware issue, unless you're seeing consistently worse results after the update!

In any case, I'm continuously reviewing our code interacting with GPS to make sure it works well on all types of devices, so it's possible that the GPS accuracy may improve in the future if I find an alternative source of location data for your phone. ;)