Domination: Earth

Max amount traded resources

Ruvox

Question

I'm a big friend of the possibility to trade and especially the more or less free trade we enjoy at the moment.

Since we are limited to 5 pending offers there is one little thing which bothers me. In a normal scenario I am not able to see the base of another player so I have no idea about his resource-inventory limit. For example if I want to offer another player (which has one base of level 11 but I don't know about that) 12k Money for a land he would not be able to accept the offer directly and had to build a new base or upgrade the existing one and get rid of all of his Money to be able to accept the offer. I would think the other player isn't interested in any trade even if he wanted to trade.

What I would like to have is a message informing me about that my offer exceeds the current resource-inventory limit of my trade partner. Maybe even whenever it exceeds the current ability to store a resource any further (offer + stock > inventory limit). Just like a warning message but not prohibiting to make a too big offer.  It's sometimes nice to offer more than the other is able to store since this a just a demonstration of "look how much I have and what I am willing to give to you".

If you would introduce such warning message it could maybe be misused to determine the ability to restock on soldiers of an other player before a war. So this would be very nice but also a little bit dangerous.

Edited by Ruvox

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Ruvox said:

I'm a big friend of the possibility to trade and especially the more or less free trade we enjoy at the moment.

Since we are limited to 5 pending offers there is one little thing which bothers me. In a normal scenario I am not able to see the base of another player so I have no idea about his resource-inventory limit. For example if I want to offer another player (which has one base of level 11 but I don't know about that) 12k Money for a land he would not be able to accept the offer directly and had to build a new base or upgrade the existing one and get rid of all of his Money to be able to accept the offer. I would think the other player isn't interested in any trade even if he wanted to trade.

What I would like to have is a message informing me about that my offer exceeds the current resource-inventory limit of my trade partner. Maybe even whenever it exceeds the current ability to store a resource any further (offer + stock > inventory limit). Just like a warning message but not prohibiting to make a too big offer.  It's sometimes nice to offer more than the other is able to store since this a just a demonstration of "look how much I have and what I am willing to give to you".

If you would introduce such warning message it could maybe be misused to determine the ability to restock on soldiers of an other player before a war. So this would be very nice but also a little bit dangerous.

I like this idea, makes sense.

I'll have a think and see what I can do about the resource limit notifications, but for now I've implemented the dynamic trade offer limit (number of bases x5), as promised. :)
Sorry it took a while, my task list currently really much longer than I'd want it to be!

• Thanks 1