Domination: Earth

1.17.5 GPS Enhancement

Mr. D

Ladies and gentlemen,

Please welcome another update (1.17.5) that has appeared on the Play Store and will join the App Store shortly.

This update is focused on improving the accuracy, performance and responsiveness of the Location Services used within the game.
That means fewer delays caused by the retrieval of GPS coordinates initially and on any other windows using those afterwards.
Additionally, the GPS refresh rate should now be quicker, meaning that the "blue dot" will move approximately once per 2 seconds instead of 5 as before (which may help if you're moving fast, e.g. when driving).

Please let me know if the GPS responsiveness has degraded or accuracy's gotten worse on your particular device though!

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2018 at 7:12 PM, Z3nd said:

Having trouble updating Samsung's galaxy s7.  It takes a while to update location. Up to more than a minute sometimes.

I too am having some trouble , I have A Samsung s4 , but I have waited up to 30 minutes for it to update my location and it won't , it actually says I'm down the street of my actual location , but so far it doesn't change at all. Before the gps enhancement it was fine a bit of lag here and there , but otherwise okay. Please advise.

Hi!

Just to elaborate on the key change: before the update you've had to wait for the game to establish connection with a GPS satellite or obtain accurate location from the network provider (while you are looking at a loading screen until that happens).

Right now your approximate location is retrieved almost immediately and you can play while the game tries to obtain a more accurate location from GPS.
It may take a while, but shouldn't really be 30 minutes; especially if it used to work in the same area before.

I will investigate. ;)

Just as a follow-up, before the most recent up date I took a trip out into a rural area with limited data access. GPS stayed accurate even win the software could not load a map of the area. The worst problem I had was I had to sometimes shutdown and reboot the software before it would let me drop another flag after this happened. Not sure if additional details like this help you troubleshoot the problem.

Yeah , I noticed it took a second to load and that was fine , because it always would load. But now it's like I'm sitting at whatever tower I'm getting service from and only moving when that tower drops my signal and is picked up by another. Other than this tower jumping phenomenon I register as completely stationary.

15 minutes ago, Antares said:

Yeah , I noticed it took a second to load and that was fine , because it always would load. But now it's like I'm sitting at whatever tower I'm getting service from and only moving when that tower drops my signal and is picked up by another. Other than this tower jumping phenomenon I register as completely stationary.

Okay , so I just downloaded the update and all is well! Many Thanks !

• Like 1