Domination: Earth

GPS Tracking

Death2u

The GPS icon notification used to indicate that the game was using my GPS. Lately it has not been at all. I am not being tracked while driving or WALKING. 

The blue location dot will not move at all, then 5 minutes will jump to an area I am not even at.  

Please fix this tracking issue I can't play at all because of it.

This is a great game , been looking for this type of game long time now. GREAT JOB!!

18 hours ago, Death2u said:

The GPS icon notification used to indicate that the game was using my GPS. Lately it has not been at all. I am not being tracked while driving or WALKING. 

The blue location dot will not move at all, then 5 minutes will jump to an area I am not even at.  

Hi!

The tracking icon has been removed, as we're no longer using the "background geolocation" (i.e. a separate process updating your coordinates outside the game): it was too battery consuming and negatively affected our reputation on the Play market.
From now on your position is only updated while you're in the game, but it is happening even if you don't see the icon. :)

The 5 minute delay in updates does sound like a problem though; it's most likely the game trying to establish connection with a GPS satellite and showing you an approximate location provided by network (i.e. triangulation of your position via the cell towers) until then.
Has it actually found your position after a while or you've been unable to play so far?
Could you please reopen the game, leave it open for a minute and tell me if it makes any difference (whether your coordinates get refreshed correctly then)?

In any case, I apologize for inconvenience caused; development of an accurate cross-platform geolocation system compatible with all versions of Android is an ongoing war that is far from over for me. :)

18 hours ago, Death2u said:

This is a great game , been looking for this type of game long time now. GREAT JOB!!

Really glad to hear that you're enjoying Domination: Earth, thank you! ;)

It usually does update eventually but I am not sure if it is because I am waiting a while and then opening the game back up or because I am going into another location-based game and then coming back to this one. It is a problem when I'm walking around or riding around and I can see where it could be a serious challenge to lower-level players

Everything worked fine before update. I can't play it now at all. I stand atva resource for 10 minutes and my GPS dot never moves from my original start up location.

When the game starts the location is correct after that it takes FOREVER to update then it is still wrong.

I can't play at all right now because of this issue.

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to helping.

Looking forward to it. The only workaround I found so far is 2 go into another software, update my location in that manually, and then switch back to domination Earth. It then moves my marker. Not effective when trying to collect resources. You don't realize how addicted you are to a game till you can't play anymore.

Well for me I played just a day or so before the update. So, I have no resources. I did luck out yesterday after restarting game multiple times I finally got it to locate on an oilwell on the way home last night. My first resource!!   

So I'm stuck looking at a great game but can't play it. Lol.

I played ingress for a lot of year's and have looked for this kinda game. I even called a app developer about making it for me. They wanted 500 bucks upfront. 

Well, guess I just keep looking at it and collecting my gold from oilwell for now. 

We ask that you have a little patience. It is a single developer doing this in his spare time and he's very responsive to issues when they come up. Just give him a day or two to get it fixed. I'm not sure if he's done something at the server end but my GPS seems to be working better this morning. Good luck with the game.

• Thanks 1

No problem with patience here really. I was not nor am not complaining. I enjoy working through issues with developers. 

I have been impressed with the response thus far and am glad to be able to help. 

No gripping here, just information that I hope can help. 

• Like 1

Ok been playing since update. Working normal again! Thanks for the hard work. 

No problem with patience here really. I was not nor am not complaining. I enjoy working through issues with developers. 

I have been impressed with the response thus far and am glad to be able to help. 

No gripping here, just information that I hope can help.