Domination: Earth

1.18 Leaderboards and Easter 2018

Mr. D

Hi all,

Another exciting update is going to appear on the Play Store shortly (and we're still waiting for the App Store to catch up; will post again once the update is available for iOS too ;)).

Version 1.18 features the following changes:

• Czech language!
    Special thanks goes to @Bilescu for a super-quick translation!

• Content for Easter 2018, which is due to start on Friday (30th of March 2018) and last until the 8th of April 2018.
    You will not see any changes yet, but I will create a separate thread soon describing what exactly is going to happen. ;)

• Brand new Leaderboards system!
    We're moving away from Google Play Games at last, which means that both platforms (Android and iOS) will have equal access to our Leaderboards.

Our own version of Leaderboards is based on your in-game Display Names and Lands Titles (and it is not possible to opt out of being displayed there :)), so you'll know exactly who's the boss around. ;)

On top of that, regional Leaderboards are now available, listing the same information per country: country-specific boards are accessible via a new button appearing on the "Country Stats" tooltip (binoculars icon on Earth View).
    For instance, if you have 5 square kilometers captured in the US and 50 square kilometers in the UK, your combined total of 55 square km will appear on the global "Land Area (m2)" leaderboard, but you can still see how much land you have in each of those countries individually.
    Regional boards that contain generic information (e.g. Richest Lands) will only list players with lands/bases in the selected country, but the score will be  the same in all of them (as you cannot have different amounts of Money in different countries :)).

• Three new Leaderboards are now available:
    1. Lands Captured: listing unique lands captured globally/in the selected country (regardless of their size).
    2. Top Peacekeepers: listing the most prolific fighters against terror.
    3. Points of Fame: listing the leaders of PvP combat.

All leaderboard contents update once every 24 hours.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or feedback! ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What about players who start inside a gigant land? Vassal system/pupper system? I have talked about it.

Have you seen my messages on "Idea"

Would shared sensorrange trade be good?

New building? Army base/aid center? Is placed om a ally or your land and will protect they lands (need transport to send troops and supply)

Can't wait for they easter update😂

I and in my car om my way to "hytta"(cobin) while writing this.

Would a alliance/clan be something That could be in the game now, after all og our waiting?

Could er be able to train soldiers better (TAKE time and supply)? Give them better eq.? Invest Research That take time and supply and/or money mabye some personell. Buy a whole building? Trade tech? Steal?

Could you hide some eggs in the game That we could click?

About the leaderboard, could er be able to:

• make own flags

• profile pic

• land pic

• buy badge

• wallpaper

• account status badge?

Btw, do you want pics of mountains? I'm like om the place for That now, or pic inn general.

Could we be able to watch an ad to get one more bar code thing That day? (Only ones per day)

Watch an ad to get an ad statusbadge?

Watch an ad to get one personell (only ones a week or so) can be found om the bar code thing.

Want me to say more?

@Grizzlyfilms I appreciate your ideas, but as mentioned previously; let's keep them in one place! ;)
The problem is that I don't have a large team of developers here; it's just me building the game and to implement a list like that (just from your post above, not talking about all other ideas suggested in other threads on the forum) I would need *years* of development.

Of course, I do want to have more of "everything" in "Domination: Earth" (different units, more complex alliance systems etc. etc.), but time is a very limited resource, so I have to prioritize new features very carefully. :)
If I told you that I can build all of that in the next few months I would most certainly be lying. However, I am doing my best to introduce new features one at a time, so stay tuned for more updates (and yes, I have read all of your ideas in all threads). ;)

• Like 2

Wow, great to hear about all those new things. A new leaderboard system is very nice. Maybe a new leaderboard "global influence" stating the total amount of owned bases would also be a good idea. But I am not sure if it is a good idea to have the Force of Terror participating in the leaderboards.

However, I just installed the update and it totally broke the tracking feature. When I track other players or the Ai nothing new appears.

Edited by Ruvox

Towards the lands captured leaderboard: Is it about the total amount of captured lands or the total amount of currently owned lands ? Or in other words, does selling a land or merging lands have a negative impact on this score ?

5 hours ago, Ruvox said:

However, I just installed the update and it totally broke the tracking feature. When I track other players or the Ai nothing new appears.

I am running into the same issue with tracking. I am not seeing other players' lands that I was able to see before.

7 hours ago, Ruvox said:

Sorry, that has actually nothing to do with the update; the problem was caused by a server-side optimization.
This should now be fixed; please let me know if tracking still doesn't work for you! ;)

7 hours ago, Ruvox said:

Towards the lands captured leaderboard: Is it about the total amount of captured lands or the total amount of currently owned lands ? Or in other words, does selling a land or merging lands have a negative impact on this score ?

It is about the total amount of currently owned lands indeed: merging lands improves your score in the "Land Area (m2)" leaderboard and lowers the score in the "Lands Captured". ;)

On a separate subject: this has been asked before about the Google Play leaderboards, so I thought I'd answer this question in advance - all leaderboards update once every 24 hours; no changes get reflected on the board instantly. :)

• Thanks 1

Tracking seems to be working for me. Thanks.

I am wondering how often the leaderboard is updated. Some of my stats changed but I haven't seen changes on the board. With the old Google board, updates were hit and miss but the ones that did change did so in real time.

As mentioned in my previous post, all leaderboards are updated once every 24 hours (but unlike with the Google board all our numbers are 100% accurate since they're based on our own database). ;)
This is done to reduce the performance impact from all of the world-wide calculations, plus gives the current leaders at least 24 hours to enjoy their place in the sun before someone else beats their results. :)

By the way, I have removed Force of Terror from the leaderboards, but because of the 24 hour delay it may be a few more hours before it's actually gone.

Yes, as stated in the announcement! ;)

https://forum.domination.earth/index.php?/announcement/2-domination-earths-easter-egg-hunt/

Just to confirm: *any* resource collection on Earth View (excluding resource station captures) has a variable chance of rewarding you with Unobtainium instead of the picked up resources.

Once again, my apologies for the delay with the iOS version; we've run into a problem during the app review and I have to rebuild a few things to meet iPhone X compliance requirements.
However, as mentioned in the announcement, Unobtainium rewards still function even if you're on version 1.17.6 (you just can't see the Easter Eggs). :)

Some things are not clear for me in leaderboard. Does Land area list display list of players or list of alliances?

In the richeest lands list for my country I see three players with 26000+ score. That means they should have bases of level 26+, doesn't it? But in the list of bases with highest levels I see only one of them.

It would also be better to use "m²" instead of "m2".

15 minutes ago, AntKeeper said:

Does Land area list display list of players or list of alliances

It's for every player on its own.

16 minutes ago, AntKeeper said:

That means they should have bases of level 26+, doesn't it?

Nope, you can have several bases two bases of level 15 would allow you to store the same amount as one base of level 30.

17 minutes ago, AntKeeper said:

It would also be better to use "m²" instead of "m2".

I am really not sure about this one but I guess some old smartphones might not be able to display "²" but that's really just guessing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ruvox said:

Nope, you can have several bases two bases of level 15 would allow you to store the same amount as one base of level 30.

Ah, I haven't thought about that.

I am really not sure about this one but I guess some old smartphones might not be able to display "²" but that's really just guessing.

I don't think that's a case. This symbol exists in every font for a long time.