Domination: Earth

1.18.1 Directions and Inventory Upgrade

Mr. D

Hi all,

Another update is now available on the Play Store and App Store, featuring the following changes:

• It is now possible to obtain directions to any resource via Google Maps by tapping on the new "Compass" button appearing within the tooltip window of all resources.

• Ability to upgrade your Inventory and purchase additional slots using Unobtainium is now available.
    Please note that to preserve in-game balance each subsequent purchased slot will cost increasingly more than the previous one.

• Performance of the "My Lands" and "Construct" tabs has been improved: Construct tab no longer requires an active GPS connection, while the "My Lands" tab will display your base list on its own (excluding the nearest land) until Geolocation Services become available.
    Once a GPS connection is established the nearby land is going to be displayed at the top of "My Lands", same as before.

• Inventory and Warehouse items are now grouped by type.
    This means that if you have 20 metal detectors stored you will no longer see 20 separate rows with these items, but a single row saying "Metal Detector x20" instead.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or feedback. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

Never remember getting this!

getting what ?

17 minutes ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

Is there a bug in the updates?

What do you mean exactly, everything new works perfectly fine for me.

18 minutes ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

Btw, possible to have a button to upgrade all sandbags?

Since it would cost for example 50,000 Money to upgrade 100 sandbagwalls from level 9 to level 10, such a button seems very useless to me. Isn't remote construction nice enough ?

1 hour ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

Is there a bug in the updates?

I do not know if this is what you refer to, but with the change in the My Lands list, I notice that my bases load immediately while my current land takes a couple of seconds to load. It gets a touch annoying when I try to tap on a base then see that I hit the wrong button due to the lag. I probably just need to get used to the change and give it a second or two to fully load.

• Like 1

This update is pretty fantastic so far. I also have found the mini-lag with the lands menus annoying already, but as they mentioned im sure I'll get used to it. 

The inventory stacking is great but it's also a bit perplexing as sometimes I just want to activate one if my items to grab some rss nearby but in private property, (actually this hadn't been a problem is a very long time, but as a beginner it was a problem) would it be possible to add a slide bar for how many to activate? If not, that's understandable and I'm sure it is still workable 🙂. 

The ability to upgrade our inventory is absolutely fantastic and will definitely lead me to buy more Unobtainium, just two questions: how big can we get it? Annnd: can we go past 10 activated at a time? 

Finally, best for last, the re-addition of built-in Google maps directions is epic!! I'm so so happy to see this future return... I didn't use it very often then and I don't think I will use it much now but it is still a favorite of mine and I'm glad to see it back. 

P.s. Are there any plans to add rss trading? Rn it's impossible untill the players are level 10 bc they can't trade land (a reasonable idea). It does however make jump-starting our friends slightly harder. 

Awesome, I'm really glad to hear that you guys are enjoying the update!

Complaint regarding the mini-lag on "My Lands" has been noted; I already have a solution for it, will do my best not to forget and include it in the next version. :)

6 hours ago, Republic of America said:

The inventory stacking is great but it's also a bit perplexing as sometimes I just want to activate one if my items to grab some rss nearby but in private property, (actually this hadn't been a problem is a very long time, but as a beginner it was a problem) would it be possible to add a slide bar for how many to activate?

I had a feeling this would come up. :) Yes, activation of multiple items at once is planned for one of the future enhancement phases of the inventory section.
Can't guarantee it to be in the next release (there are just too many other features waiting to be built), but it will be added one day, I'm sure. ;)

The ability to upgrade our inventory is absolutely fantastic and will definitely lead me to buy more Unobtainium, just two questions: how big can we get it? Annnd: can we go past 10 activated at a time?

The inventory size is theoretically infinite, but its upgrade cost also has no limit. I personally don't believe anyone would get more than 10 additional slots as the price really gets steep at that point.
However, I obviously do not want to block someone generous enough to support the project, so it's possible to go beyond that amount. :)

Unfortunately, it is not possible to activate more than 10 items at this time, as I do not want a person with 1000 super magnets to collect resources from the entire country; that somewhat shifts the objective of our game to amassing items instead of actually travelling. :)

P.s. Are there any plans to add rss trading? Rn it's impossible untill the players are level 10 bc they can't trade land (a reasonable idea). It does however make jump-starting our friends slightly harder. 

If my memory serves me well this subject has been brought up somewhere on this forum before, but I can't find a link...
The short answer is: there won't be a straightforward facility to send resources to another person on their own (there are just too many issues with this concept. Gold farming, abuse of newly created accounts etc. etc.), but I am positive that there will be other features that involve exchange of resources between players one way or another. :)

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

Look at the pic I can't remember to claim the 1+ supply and now it's 2+

Btw a friend of me "potetkongen" get personell from nothing.

I don't think this is connected to the update in any way. :)

If you are actively playing (capturing lands, merging existing ones etc.) stations tend to appear; quite often they do so on one of your lands without your knowledge (especially if you have large level 100+ lands), so any action on your land captures them.
I'll look into it, but I do not think there's anything wrong (apart from possibly a missing notification)!

I've been giving it some thought about the My Lands tab and the annoyance of the nearby land loading after the bases. It would not be too bad if it were simply lag, but sometimes the nearby land disappears, probably because of GPS drift. This makes that tab a bit unpredictable.

My question is why do we even need the nearby land to be on that tab? I have gotten to the point where I use the map to access functions of lands, using the My Lands tab to interact only with bases. About the only time I might use the nearby land on that tab is inside my big land to add a structure, but I doubt that would be reason enough to keep that. Removing the nearby land would solve the issue with lag at little cost.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, S Keillan said:

I've been giving it some thought about the My Lands tab and the annoyance of the nearby land loading after the bases. It would not be too bad if it were simply lag, but sometimes the nearby land disappears, probably because of GPS drift. This makes that tab a bit unpredictable.

My question is why do we even need the nearby land to be on that tab? I have gotten to the point where I use the map to access functions of lands, using the My Lands tab to interact only with bases. About the only time I might use the nearby land on that tab is inside my big land to add a structure, but I doubt that would be reason enough to keep that. Removing the nearby land would solve the issue with lag at little cost.

Before your post I was planning to include a "placeholder" list item saying something like "Looking for nearest land, please wait...", which would eliminate the lag as it would occupy the screen space needed by the land once it appears.

However, it would be a lot easier for me to remove this feature entirely indeed.
We've had a bunch of scenarios in the past where having the nearest land in that tab was convenient (mostly in heavily populated areas!), but it is entirely possible that this feature is no longer used.

Is there anyone still using it and would like to preserve this functionality? :)
If no one responds I will get rid of the nearest land in the next version!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I certainly did use the Nearest Land when there wasn't the map icons and when one had to physically be near a land to build or upgrade a building. This was also when there was a 500 m buffer between lands and thus plenty of room to select a land. Now that remote building is possible and there could be multiple lands in proximity, the Nearest Land tab can actually be in error. I've seen that on my wife's account where it favors a large nearby land over a smaller one that she's actually on.

The bases are indeed important. Probably could retitle the tab as My Bases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Republic of America said:

I hate to go against the grain but... I kinda hate to see it go. I liked it... That's just me tho. 

The game is evolving slowly and I think you have to admit that this future didn't had any additional functionality lastly. But it lead to at least some people wondering in the forum or the discord every now and then why they can only sea one of there lands there. For everyone asking this publicly there are many others don't asking but still wondering. So this feature was responsible for confusion and lost its purpose a few updates ago and had to be replaced by a placeholder when not present to prevent lagging in the My Lands tab. Imho there are more positive points with leaving it than keeping it.

Nevertheless, I see that there is one scenario where it actually is a useful feature. When having one big land so most of the time you are located within this land (I think this counts for the most of the bigger players) one had to always zoom and/or slide on the Earth View to find the big lands center to interact with it. But at least I didn't interact with my big land much lastly.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mr. D said:

Additionally, all bases are now sorted by distance from your current position (closest first).

In general I'm very happy about this. But there is one thing I am a little bit afraid about which you might test to make sure it won't get ugly.

I think at least some people tend to do two things: First, having their main base at home. Second, establishing new base nearly 100 kilometers from their main base to be able to establish as many bases as possible. So if they sit at home like people tend to do and looking into the My Lands tab with already a few bases establishes they might constantly "float" around since they are all nearly 100 kilometers apart and the GPS might also drift around a little bit . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruvox said:

So if they sit at home like people tend to do and looking into the My Lands tab with already a few bases establishes they might constantly "float" around since they are all nearly 100 kilometers apart and the GPS might also drift around a little bit . 

To be honest I think it's a hypothetical scenario that is very unlikely to happen: it is next to impossible to establish multiple bases at the exact same distance from your home (due to the world being quite an uneven surface with randomly shaped roads and unpredictable parking spaces :)) and the sorting precision is quite high.
Unless your GPS is constantly jumping by 20 kilometers sideways upon every land capture I think you will not see any noticeable changes in the base positions!

However, please let me know if you run into that problem and I'll see what can be done. :)