Jump to content
Domination: Earth

Easter 2018 Extension


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

We've experienced unusually high delays with app reviews on the App Store this and last week due to which version 1.18.1 only appeared on the App Store yesterday.

Because of that we've decided to extend our Easter event for a few more days until Friday the 13th to let iOS users enjoy all the Easter Eggs. :)

Have fun!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

Can you have an 100years since WW1 event? 11th of the 11 that will make you give a five minute silence for the lost people of the first world war. You will also get a badge for giving the silence.

I support the notion and the idea of a five minute silence to honour the fallen heroes, but I don't think this is something we can/should integrate in the game (nor I can see any automated way to verify whether you were silent or not). :) I probably wouldn't want to mix serious things like that with the desire to get free Unobtainium!

12 hours ago, Joris said:

When will that event be?

Some summer event?

Hard to say, as I have a lot of development to do in the next few months and we haven't started planning the next event yet.
But it's likely to be somewhere around Halloween, not sooner!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the Halloween event be atleast a 20% chance of getting unobtainium instead of 10%?

And I speak this above for all silent players😨 to be honest...

Doing this would most likely make players play more longer than usual during the day or week, and more game traffic would probably occur as the players now know that the unobtainium is at a 20% chance capture rate in a minumun event countdown.

By the way, maybe you can add a countdown timer somewhere you decide when an actual event is running, and the timer only shows when an event is on..

it's just a countdown timer...

And just an idea to help you out for the future Halloween event...since may two four is not traditional 😆

Maybe the Halloween event can have types of common Halloween candy or common Halloween characters on the map,  same as the easter event type of thing you have already going.

And a last side note, I know unobtainium is income, but maybe you should reward players a little more frequently somehow with your ideas that would be fair for us achieving it...

Also maybe reward players with min 2 unobtainium for ideas you like and decide to integrate something same or similar into the game, like the requests for bases owned leaderboard or chat, which I totally understand is a big job for the future, but just giving you some examples.

Have a wonderful day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DSEGTeam said:

Can the Halloween event be atleast a 20% chance of getting unobtainium instead of 10%?

And I speak this above for all silent players😨 to be honest...

Doing this would most likely make players play more longer than usual during the day or week, and more game traffic would probably occur as the players now know that the unobtainium is at a 20% chance capture rate in a minumun event countdown.

By the way, maybe you can add a countdown timer somewhere you decide when an actual event is running, and the timer only shows when an event is on..

it's just a countdown timer...

And just an idea to help you out for the future Halloween event...since may two four is not traditional 😆

Maybe the Halloween event can have types of common Halloween candy or common Halloween characters on the map,  same as the easter event type of thing you have already going.

We actually tend to do something different every time (content and mechanics-wise), so I cannot promise or predict what exactly our Halloween event would entail.
It's almost 6 months away, so I'd rather not make plans or set expectations for Halloween just yet (and maybe the next event isn't going to be Halloween at all). :)

8 hours ago, DSEGTeam said:

Also maybe reward players with min 2 unobtainium for ideas you like and decide to integrate something same or similar into the game, like the requests for bases owned leaderboard or chat, which I totally understand is a big job for the future, but just giving you some examples.

To be honest, I think that if you're asking for a specific feature that you want/need in the game me implementing that idea is already a reward on its own. :)
If you don't actually want or need the thing you're suggesting on the forum and you're just saying it for the sake of some other reward - please don't; we aren't really suffering from a shortage of ideas. :)
My "high priority" task list consists or approx. 90 items as we speak, plus there's a backlog of several hundred ideas that I haven't had a chance to think about yet.
Then there are threads such as @Grizzlyfilms's:

I really appreciate all the input, but that thread alone is enough development for the next 5 years.

So I think it wouldn't be fair if some certain players got insanely rich in the game just by posting a lot of random thoughts the forum! :)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not random.

May look like it, but I take my time to show you a few things that's may be something to do. Something you see and be like "aaaah now I know what to do" :)

May I ask you your priorities? The ad suggestions? Watch an ad to use the bar code again (one time a day)

Edited by Grizzlyfilms
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

It's not random.

May look like it, but I take my time to show you a few things that's may be something to do. Something you see and be like "aaaah now I know what to do" :)

May I ask you your priorities? The ad suggestions? Watch an ad to use the bar code again (one time a day)

Sorry, I didn't mean that your ideas are random; I used your thread as an example of "how many ideas have been suggested already". :)
My next thought was completely separate and referred to the fact that everyone would be motivated to post "random stuff", as long as it's linked to a reward.
I realize that your ideas were posted on a voluntary basis just for the sake of game improvement (not to get a reward), and that's how I'd prefer to keep things. ;)

In regard to my current priorities: there are some "behind the scenes" tasks that I can't put in any news, but that are crucial to our operation.
I am arranging a more efficient hardware setup, our own map tile server and a world-wide tile cache (global content delivery network for improved Earth View performance) and a bunch of other "boring" things related to cutting down costs of our software and improving its stability.

After that I plan to enhance our tutorial a bit more (we are losing too many new players who can't find the "flag" or the "i" button) and I'm likely to improve a bunch of outdated UIs.
Once that's done I will most likely begin working on brand new features, although I can't say which ones will come first. :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What if we make a tutorial video?

The gametutorial give links to videos on YouTube. I may make some and give you the link so you can watch to see if they are good enough. A video for the different mechanisms. 

How long will the boring stuff take? 3weeks?

Edited by Grizzlyfilms
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

What if we make a tutorial video?

The gametutorial give links to videos on YouTube. I may make some and give you the link so you can watch to see if they are good enough. A video for the different mechanisms. 

Very few people actually like to watch videos within the game they're about to try but know very little about yet (it feels as too much of a "commitment"); if they can't be bothered to read one pop-up I have doubts that they'll be ok with several minutes of video watching. :) Plus if we take them out of the app and onto a 3rd party website (YouTube) there's a chance they won't come back to the game again, so the solution I'm working on is a simple rework of our UIs and replacement of pop-ups with more "interactive" info windows and content (that isn't that easy to click through by accident).

However, videos are very helpful as a source of referral traffic and to boost our ranks in the search engines, so anything you can make would be greatly appreciated. ;)

1 hour ago, Grizzlyfilms said:

How long will the boring stuff take? 3weeks?

It will be ready when it is ready. :)
I'm juggling many roles around here and I never know when I get to work on any particular thing, so I'd rather not give promises that I can't keep (or time estimates), unless I'm absolutely certain in them (but if that were the case there would have been an announcement about it on the forum already ;)).

Link to post
Share on other sites

The videos would be helping videos to show mechanisms? Opened by a secondary tab from the left thing, idk. Videos for players who want to be pros, but didn't play from the beginning.

No rush, it takes time to make Videos and I can send a link and you can use it like 3weeks after 5, 7, 8 a long time. I'm patient or I may not make Videos.

Your choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...