Domination: Earth

Really trying to give this game a go but...

BumpyKnuckles

Question

12 answers to this question

Hi BumpyKnuckles,

My apologies for these frustrating moments; the game is a work in progress, so I'm sure it'll become better once we figure out all such annoying scenarios (I promise we'll fix them all if you keep reporting them)! :) 

As far as I understand from the screenshot, the inability to pick up Personnel Recruitment Beacon prevents you from collecting all other resources (while Personnel Recruitment Beacon can only be captured via the "Flag" button).

I will run some tests to see what the problem is and will create a fix asap, but can you please confirm if you're able to capture this beacon using the "Flag" button once the land capture timer expires (the one showing "01:31" on your screenshot)?

Ok, apart from the Personnel Beacon I believe there's also the following problem:

You've activated 3 Metal Detectors, 3 Radio Transmitters, and 4 Bullhorns, so your collection radius bonus is +300m for Money, +300 for Supplies, +400 for Personnel.
However, the red circle on the Earth View is showing the combined total (300+300+400 = 1km collection bonus), while it should be the highest collection bonus instead (+400 for Personnel).

This will be fixed!

As my personal apology for all the lost items I will add some stuff to your inventory shortly. ;) 

2 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

Ok, apart from the Personnel Beacon I believe there's also the following problem:

You've activated 3 Metal Detectors, 3 Radio Transmitters, and 4 Bullhorns, so your collection radius bonus is +300m for Money, +300 for Supplies, +400 for Personnel.
However, the red circle on the Earth View is showing the combined total (300+300+400 = 1km collection bonus), while it should be the highest collection bonus instead (+400 for Personnel).

This will be fixed!

As my personal apology for all the lost items I will add some stuff to your inventory shortly. ;) 

i also lost out on a few supplies that were available and im discovering how important supplies are. I don't really want to come across as b!thing but rather showing some possible flaws that could frustrate players. I'm sure you can see from my account that Im definitely giving this game some time & effort and hope to see it succeed.

6 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

This will be fixed!

i also tried to use a super magnet while all those were activated... twice actually... you might be able to tell? but I definitely tried 2 super magnets

1 minute ago, BumpyKnuckles said:

i also lost out on a few supplies that were available and im discovering how important supplies are. I don't really want to come across as b!thing but rather showing some possible flaws that could frustrate players. I'm sure you can see from my account that Im definitely giving this game some time & effort and hope to see it succeed.

I can certainly understand your position and I appreciate your patience, which is why I've restored your inventory (with a slight "adjustment") and lost supplies. ;) 

I'll post again after the collection radius issue is fixed!

16 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

Hi BumpyKnuckles,

My apologies for these frustrating moments; the game is a work in progress, so I'm sure it'll become better once we figure out all such annoying scenarios (I promise we'll fix them all if you keep reporting them)! :) 

As far as I understand from the screenshot, the inability to pick up Personnel Recruitment Beacon prevents you from collecting all other resources (while Personnel Recruitment Beacon can only be captured via the "Flag" button).

I will run some tests to see what the problem is and will create a fix asap, but can you please confirm if you're able to capture this beacon using the "Flag" button once the land capture timer expires (the one showing "01:31" on your screenshot)?

this wasnt so much of an issue, i think i have the understanding of these types of buildings although a list of what other types of buildings might be out there would be cool!

4 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

I can certainly understand your position and I appreciate your patience, which is why I've restored your inventory (with a slight "adjustment") and lost supplies. ;) 

I'll post again after the collection radius issue is fixed!

WOW, thank you! much appreciated!

Edited by BumpyKnuckles

Ok, a fix has been released (no need to download anything, it only affects our server-side logic), from now on things should be *a little bit* more user-friendly with radiuses:

If you activate 3 Bullhorns (+300m), 4 Metal Detectors (+400m) and 1 Super Magnet (+300m) the displayed collection radius will be 700m (300m from Super Magnet +400m from Metal Detectors).

I understand that this still isn't ideal, as you cannot collect a unit of Personnel 700m away from you (due to having only 3 Bullhorns activated instead of 4) even though the radius shown from Metal Detectors "sort of" implies that you should be able to.

But to completely fix that we'd need to change our radius display system and show multiple "radius rings" (one for each resource) or come up with a better alternative.
I'll keep thinking about this, as obviously it is frustrating to activate a bunch of items and not understand why certain things within the displayed radius can't be picked up!

But until a better system is in place, I would advise not to activate all of the item types at once, just to avoid confusion! ;)