Domination: Earth

19.04 Land Merge Exploit

Mr. D

Hi all,

Another exploit has been recently brought to my attention by @URAS and @The Benito Crew, which involved unlimited timer-free level up points for your base if a land upgrade results in a partially successful merge (i.e. there's a number of adjacent lands that can be merged, but one of them doesn't meet merging requirements).

The fix has now been released, but I will obviously have to review everyone's base levels now to find out who else used that exploit and haven't reported it to me.

@URAS and @The Benito Crew are in the clear as they've reported the bug to me (thanks, guys! ;)), but everyone else who's been silent up to this point will get penalized.
Accordingly, I urge you to come clean in this thread if you were amongst those levelling up your base via this exploit to avoid heavy penalties.

As always, please post if you have any questions.

• Like 1

I really tried to understand that scenario but I'm still not sure how or when this happened. But I am also unsure about if I had noticed this exploit if accidentally using it. I merge lands from time to time and don't observe my base level up points constantly. 

I merged many lands about three weeks ago on Fuerteventura and also made a post here about it because there were a little other issue, feel free to analyze the points rewarded there. Because if there something went wrong, I definitly wouldn't have noticed it.

So if I used this exploit at any point I apologize for it but really didn't noticed it. I also think that I'm not the only one having no idea about this and not constantly observing the base level up points.

@Ruvox I think of all people you really shouldn't be worried. :)
 I know that you're one of our most honest and vigilant players who knows all the rules and frequently helps the new players learn them, so I don't know why I'd think you were abusing this exploit!

Secondly, if you didn't notice the exploit then you weren't abusing it. :) Even if you got 2, 4, 8 or 10 extra points from an accidental usage that's not what I'm concerned with (I will let those be as it is my mistake and many people were unknowingly affected by it).
Accounts that are targeted by my punishment are, as always, those who really knew what they were doing and have bases 20 or even 30 levels (levels (!), not points) higher than they're supposed to be.
E.g. someone with 100 lands (and an expected 6th level of their base), but with a level 50 base of "mysterious" origins.

So once again, don't worry, no legitimate player will be affected. ;)

2 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

E.g. someone with 100 lands (and an expected 6th level of their base)

That's also a little bit complicated since a legal player who accumulated lots of money could have placed 100 lands carefully close to each other and build sandbag walls on all of them and then merge them resulting in a level 100 land but having 1090 base level up points thus a base of level 21 (1050 points would be required for this). But I also have to admit that this is a very expensive and time consuming process.

8 minutes ago, Mr. D said:

I know that you're one of our most honest and vigilant players who knows all the rules and frequently helps the new players learn them, so I don't know why I'd think you were abusing this exploit!

9_9 Thanks !

3 minutes ago, Ruvox said:

That's also a little bit complicated since a legal player who accumulated lots of money could have placed 100 lands carefully close to each other and build sandbag walls on all of them and then merge them resulting in a level 100 land but having 1090 base level up points thus a base of level 21 (1050 points would be required for this). But I also have to admit that this is a very expensive and time consuming process.

I just posted a rough example, it's not a definitive explanation of my criteria for punishing people. :)
Of course, every case is reviewed manually and with care.

Additionally, it is highly unlikely that you can achieve all that (100 lands with sandbag walls etc. etc.) in less than 30 minutes. ;)

P.S. And don't forget that I have error logs too; it is fairly obvious from the server end who was awarded base points immediately after seeing a building requirement error! :)

• Thanks 1