Domination: Earth

Instant army teleportation

URAS

URAS recently coordinated a 5 vs 1 assault on a major player in NYC. He survived because he was able to instantly teleport (transfer) his 6500-size army from a Canadian base to his NYC base WHILE being attacked. His large army effectively became a huge, self-repairing wall. Without this capability his 1000 man NYC army would have survived 8-9 rounds of attacks (90 minutes).

I would like to propose a timer for army transfers, with increasing time for increasing distances.

• Like 1

Though, of course I have a sense of favoritism, (URAS is the Alliance I'm a member of after all) I concur that this is probably necessary, we could potentially see two major players just infinitely fighting one battle for hours on end just being resupplied with an unlimited Army. 

As it is it is interesting that everything in this game seems to take time except for making troops and sending troops. Wouldn't it be more realistic for a 10-minute mobilization for a hundred troops? And a one-hour transfer between bases? I say realistic of course it's not realistic but it's a little more in line with other features. 

Unfortunately I feel that it ends combat and turns it into a resource collecting game, if you collect more resources you win the war. 

I'll be interested to see what Mr. D has to say on this.

I personally think that if you bothered to travel somewhere and established new bases, it should be your advantage. Otherwise what's the point of having multiple bases?

The game is about travel not war, so if you got your behind off the couch and walked a couple of mins to get more resources - this *should* help you win the war... IMHO

Actually, it is more likely he was mobilizing new soldiers while he was being attacked. I am not sure if mid-attack transfers are even possible. That being said, should a 100 personnel mobilization be instantaneous?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, URAS said:

Actually, it is more likely he was mobilizing new soldiers while he was being attacked. I am not sure if mid-attack transfers are even possible. That being said, should a 100 personnel mobilization be instantaneous?

1 hour ago, Eerienkah said:

I personally think that if you bothered to travel somewhere and established new bases, it should be your advantage. Otherwise what's the point of having multiple bases?

The game is about travel not war, so if you got your behind off the couch and walked a couple of mins to get more resources - this *should* help you win the war... IMHO

Exactly, I think it *is* important to note that the title is Domination Earth. Domination. That requires military. Anyone who's ever tried take over the world has done it with an army.  And as far as we know, transatlantic transfers docurrently take more than a few seconds to complete. 

I'm not saying I think it should be impossible to recruit new soldiers, I'm just suggesting it should take time. Transfers especially are ridiculous to be instantaneous, could you imagine? Your was walking down the street doing nothing, and suddenly decide you're going to steal a bike. You spot an unlocked bike, and walk up to steal it. Someone spots you call nine-one-one and BOOM! Cops show up. It's not logistically feasible or realistic. 

And I think it's foolish to assume just because a lot of War has not occurred, that the game is not about war. I seem to see a lot of things being about war, combat mechanics or some of those solid in the game. AI's are major focus of many players, combat is huge we even haveba leader board for it, and one of the fundamental part of the game is having an army. Even recent updates have been focused on this with the new Wars menu. 

I'm not arguing to end combat, rather than arguing for a better and more balanced combat. 

I think the only reason you are now complaining is because you've lost 😊 

Now imagine everything you asked for is now available and *he* gets prepared and attacks you first! 😉 The whole 6k soldiers are invading you, yours friends are not around and you need to wait to build/move your troops.

Is there going to be another thread how unfair it is that he wiped you all out one by one and you couldn't even get out and "refill" your army?

I see that this is a difficult topic. To keep honesty I have to mention beforehand that I am definitely biased having 9 bases established and the second most standing soldiers in the world.

There are two major point why I wouldn't like such timers in the game:

1. Have you ever tried to establish a new base being immediately attacked by the Force of Terror when your land just hit level 2 or three? This is very uncomfortable since you can see how many troops are incoming not before you have you land at level 5 (established a new base). At that point you can immediately transfer troops to save you, with a timer you couldn't or had to wait too long. Otherwise you could to build barracks first which takes another 30 minutes. Having then another timer for recruiting troops would again expand the time till being able to defend yourself. Belief me having to defend your fresh build(ing) base without any troops for an hour or even longer is no fun at all.
    So timer on both recruiting or transferring would make it more dangerous to establish new bases which is imho the wrong way.
  2. When you have established a few bases you will have sure some with just 100 soldiers because of the base just being at level 1. If this is a place you might not be able to travel to (soon) again you might want really hard to keep the lands there. But having to defend the surrounding lands with only 100 soldiers is already complicated but having to wait to transfer soldiers to this base or recruit new ones there would make it even harder to keep on defending during an attack. Additionally, having a big armee but being unable to defend properly can be very frustrating.
    So implementing timers would also go to the cost of players who like to travel around and establish new bases somewhere else which would be again imho the wrong way.

But lastly I have to admit that there are sure ways to implement timers in a special way but still caring for my mentioned points but this could be a little complicated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I completely agree with you, @Ruvox and I'm glad that I'm not the only one who sees that :)

I don't think that the timer would help them anyway. The bad big guy will just reinforce a turn later and won't even notice the difference, but it will make life difficult for all other people.

Domination through influence! :) Make love not war! :D

• Thanks 1

Excellent points. I hadn't considered the challenge of starting new bases. Balancing that aspect with battles among large armies will be challenging for Mr. D.

Perhaps a compromise/solution would be to raise the initial army limit for lvl 1 new bases (maybe 500), while still adding a transfer timer for armies moving hundreds or thousands of miles?

Edited by URAS
  • Like 1