Domination: Earth

Land Offer Issue

S Keillan

I'm trying to offer to buy a land from another player but I'm getting a message saying that we both need to have Level 10 bases. We both have them. The only thing that I can think of it the land in question is overlapped only by low-level bases.

Is this a glitch or a feaure? Specifically if it is a feature, what would be the necessary criteria to make such an offer?

If your bases do not overlap that means that person buying the land doesn't have a base to link it to. And you can't do that.

Because otherwise I would be able to have bases all over the world by buying a little land just outside my base and upgrading it remotely to a base.

(It would be easier to see your problem if you'd attached a screenshot 😊)

Just to clarify, the land that I'm looking at is within the 100-km range of one of my bases. It is also within 100 km of one of the other player's bases. It's simply that those bases are not in range of each other.

However, I would not think it would generate the message below. Both of us have bases above Level 10. I am trying to determine what could be going on.

Screenshot_20180510-214405.png

To be honest, it doesn't make sense to me...

How can the land be within reach for both bases but bases are not within the range of each other? How many km does it say exactly on your and your friend's map?

I'm guessing, that one of you don't have a base within reach, so technically one of you don't have a 10lvl base.... 

Our bases our on opposite sides of the land in question. The land is just inside our respective 100-km circles. An analogy is that 1 and 100 are 99 apart, 100 and 199 are 99 apart, but 1 and 199 are not within a hundred of each other. The land would be at 100 while are bases are 1 and 199. (I do not have exact distances as our respective bases are distant from our main bases.)

Below is the message that I get if I try to purchase a land outside of range. Thus I assume the range is not the issue.

Screenshot_20180510-224351.png

Yes, but 1 and 199 *will* meet at 100, won't they? 

I'm guessing you'd have to be more specific for Dev to figure it out... Which base is it and what land you are trying to buy. So far Dev has pretty little chances to figure out which of millions lands in the world you are trying to buy :) 

6 hours ago, Eerienkah said:

If your bases do not overlap that means that person buying the land doesn't have a base to link it to. And you can't do that.

To be precisely this is not right. The bases range don't have to overlap since it is possible to buy "lonely" lands outside of the sellers base range only the buying person has to have a base in range.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...