Domination: Earth

Timed "Underground" Mode as an Alternative to Invisibility after War

URAS

@Mr D, you said the AI is a fair fight... I have to completely disagree. By the time you level 15 you will never lose any ai fight in your life.. I'm not sure if there's an automatic * 2 AI button..but if there is please hit it!! We are dying if bordem please bring the troops up to like +60... A perc would be like awesome that allows you to increase the amount of troops who fought. Which seems semi counterproductive but whatever. 

I understand the threads for combat mechanics, I apologise. I was referring to combat as it referred to ai and got off topic. 

3 minutes ago, Republic of America said:

@Mr D, you said the AI is a fair fight... I have to completely disagree. By the time you level 15 you will never lose any ai fight in your life.. I'm not sure if there's an automatic * 2 AI button..but if there is please hit it!! We are dying if bordem please bring the troops up to like +60... A perc would be like awesome that allows you to increase the amount of troops who fought. Which seems semi counterproductive but whatever. 

I understand the threads for combat mechanics, I apologise. I was referring to combat as it referred to ai and got off topic. 

No problem. :)

Yeah, when I said fair I was more referring to the fact that the AI doesn't aim to wipe you out and relentlessly pursue its revenge day and night. :)

But yes, I've been meaning to ramp up its difficulty for high level players... As you know, it's only been reduced to its current level due to a number of complaints and "1 star" reviews claiming that the Ai was too hard.

* shrug *

Hard to please everyone these days! :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. D said:

impression that your current war problem can either be solved by a penalty/restriction on surrendering that applies *only* to the attacking party (i.e. whoever started the conflict) or by synchronizing it with the (new) alliance system, e.g. so that the war actions such as Surrender applied to a group of players at once (i.e. either the entire alliance surrenders or it wins).

The problem is that a core mechanic, war, results in isolation if a truce is not agreed upon. I'm proposing, at its simplest, a time constraint on isolation. Most of us have at most 1 other player near us (I'm lucky in NYC). If he need only surrender to disappear after a battle, the game becomes an artistic Google Maps overlay.

On 25/05/2018 at 4:05 AM, Mr. D said:

Right, where do I begin!

I appreciate all of your input, but I can't help but feel that you're trying to resolve one isolated scenario without considering a bunch of potential side-effects.
As far as I understand, this whole idea arose as a result of a war in which a number of high-level players are unable to defeat another player who is abusing the surrender mechanics to fight each of those players selectively.

First of all, I have to agree that I'm not entirely happy about the surrender mechanics used that way and it is very likely that I'll be addressing this scenario in one of the alliance updates. But!

Please remember that "Domination: Earth" is not "Monopoly" in which to win you have to make all other participants lose all that they've got.
This is not a PvP arena and there are other ways of dominating the world (primarily via travel, i.e. establishing more bases, accumulating more lands & resources and having circles of your colour cover the globe :)), which means that if a player doesn't want to fight anymore or engage in PvP at all there has to be a way for them to do that and still continue enjoying the game.
I know this is not "realistic", but consider this whole situation from a "business" perspective: if players are getting wiped out *and* penalized for trying to avoid combat (paying for any kind of "underground" mode) they'll quit.
I've lost a number of devoted fans who ended up next to a "persistent" neighbour with enough patience to destroy/capture all of their lands in the region by attacking almost 24 hours every day. I spoke to a couple of them personally and know that they loved the game for its motivation to cycle and/or hike, not because of the combat aspects (which they didn't care about at all).
So my goal is to accommodate both types of players and provide them with an option to not engage in PvP if they desire to do so.

Finally, I'd prefer not to postpone other developments (there are some really exciting features in my list, some of them are planned for June!) in order to implement a really complex system of "paid disappearances" that only helps in one potential war scenario. :)

To sum things up: I hear what you're saying and I will have a think about ways of preventing the "Surrender" abuse (I do hate it whenever anything in the game gets abused) via new features.
But it is unlikely that there will be penalties or restrictions for anyone who wishes to escape PvP with a particular player at any point (as if they can't do that using in-game means they'll do it via "Uninstall" ;)).

👍