Domination: Earth

Why I lost motivation to play DE and how I regained it

SebRut

As some players on the discord may have noticed, I've been inactive in the last weeks and just got active again some days. In this post I'd like explain why I lost motivation for DE and what could be changed to prevent this from happening again.

Problem

After reaching a relatively high base level (currently at 34) your only real option for day-to-day is mindlessly pressing capture/collect every 15/60 minutes as travelling to expand your land area isn't doable in my normal day. With a big enough land you also don't really need to save resources as you get enough just from your land. This leads to my big problem the lack of improvement one can achieve.

Ideas

I thought about new goals for advanced players and came up with these:

• permanent bonuses for the player, e.g. +1 soldier capacity for a given amount of resources
  • a new alliance system with multiple players working together for alliance goals
    • alliances get some kind of resource stash where players can transfer resources to and/or a "tax" on all collected resources is paying to
      • can also be upgraded to hold more resources
    • these resources can be used to construct and improve alliance "structures" that provide various benefits for the alliance and its member, e.g.:
      • Resource bonus for alliance resources obtained by tax (for example 10% tax + 1% bonus : 100 money collected -> 11 money for alliance [10 tax + 1 bonus] + 90 money for collecting player )
      • raise member limit (if a limit makes sense)
      • better military support for players (normal: every member can support attacked players with 10 soldiers, every upgrade raises this limit by 1)
      • "donation" system: members can get resources from alliance pool, every level increases amount/player/24h(?)
      • interests: every levels grants +0.1% on alliance resources per day/week
    • alliance leaderboards
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I understand your point completely and will most certainly have a think about what can be done with these ideas of yours. ;)

I'll share a little secret, I've promised it so much in the past that the new alliance system has been promoted to join the Top 3 new features that I plan to build (it could very well be the next one, but... No promises just yet :)).

I'll definitely try to include something similar to what you're describing!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I want to add my little suggestion for the alliance system. 

I've seen this in the very first version of Travian (now it's not like this anymore).

There are rights to be granted to each member of the alliance. They may be to be able to send messages to the other members of the alleance, to set war and peace state, to promote or demote the oter members, etc... whatever.

What I liked is the complete flexibility:

The name, description and rights granted are custimizable. I may have a military-like organization, where there are generals, colonels, liutenents, etc, or maybe I want an alliance with roles called Joker, Clown and Master of the Universe. The owner (and anyone has the right to do so) of the alliance can set the description of those roles and the description of the alliance itself, where likely there is written how the alliance works.

This is what I would like: not some fixed hierarchy or roles, but everything as much customizable as possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marcofi said:

I want to add my little suggestion for the alliance system. 

I've seen this in the very first version of Travian (now it's not like this anymore).

There are rights to be granted to each member of the alliance. They may be to be able to send messages to the other members of the alleance, to set war and peace state, to promote or demote the oter members, etc... whatever.

What I liked is the complete flexibility:

The name, description and rights granted are custimizable. I may have a military-like organization, where there are generals, colonels, liutenents, etc, or maybe I want an alliance with roles called Joker, Clown and Master of the Universe. The owner (and anyone has the right to do so) of the alliance can set the description of those roles and the description of the alliance itself, where likely there is written how the alliance works.

This is what I would like: not some fixed hierarchy or roles, but everything as much customizable as possible.

Yup, sounds like what we have in Flamefrost! :)

That is a classic guild model that I'm very familiar with and was thinking of introducing to DE in a fairly similar way!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 10 months later...

I would love to have an expanded alliance system. I have a couple of friends I play with, but since we’re all allies we never actually interact in game (unless someone gets bored and starts a war).

On 6/1/2019 at 10:00 PM, Luna said:

I would love to have an expanded alliance system. I have a couple of friends I play with, but since we’re all allies we never actually interact in game (unless someone gets bored and starts a war).

This is a very very old thread and as far as we can tell the odds are slim we will ever see an alliance system that is fully functional and useable. 

However deal with this players have banded together and formed a few different Alliances (all of the names escape me at this moment). 

We also have a very large discord, that'll I'll link below it helps you get in contact with her players and form/find alliances. I'm a member of the largest one, the URAS, but please feel free to join the community and then select your alliance. 

Official DE Discord https://discord.gg/UwWGzP

URAS Website: https://urasoffical.wixsite.com/uras

URAS Official Discord: https://discord.gg/tgeJD65