Domination: Earth

Ingame communication workaround

Ruvox

Many people have mentioned before that they wish an ingame messaging system. You have mentioned a felt 100 times why exactly this is difficult to manage and not in a fair relation towards other important features which might be added earlier. Sorry to make a post again about ingame messaging.

I feel like there are at least a few players starting to play and playing for sometime but never finding the way to the Discord and have the feeling they would be alone in the game (especially within the first 10 base levels). I have also noticed that player who find into the Discord at any point or interact in any other way with other players have a very high chance to keep playing.

So my suggestion is a short workaround. It would be nice to have the ability to ping other players ingame so they would get a message like "Hey, a player in your area want's to chat with you! Visit the Discord to get in touch with Ruvox". I think this would be a more or less easy way to let the active community ping new players to engage them and higher the chance of them playing the game successfully.

• Like 3

I like this idea if it is doable. A notification alert would be good as notifications are turned on by default. The only thing I would recommend is an upper limit on the number of pings in a given time frame, in order for it to not be abused by spammers and/or bullies.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Irrelevents said:

It's already been discussed

It was discussed why we don't have an ingame chat at the moment and that it would be possible to implement some kind of chatless communication.
However, what I supposed is something completely different what would be (more or less easy) to implement to higher the chance of players finding their way to the Discord server as a workaround until a better solution is there ;)

On 8.6.2018 at 10:52 PM, Grizzlyfilms said:

There is other things too that needs priorty.

Of course there are! But since I have the feeling that there are some players leaving the game as a result of the feeling of loneliness in their area and having never found into the Discord it should be of a high priority too. At least it's mho that keeping players in the game is one of the most important goals ;) 

• Thanks 1

There's no arguing about the need of some sort of a communication system/notifications to join Discord, it is indeed very high up my priority list!

I'm still torn between the new alliance system, this (any version of in-game comms) and one other update I can't disclose just yet, but I'm positive that if it won't be the next thing I do it will be the 2nd or 3rd at worst. :)

• Like 2

On 11/06/2018 at 6:26 AM, Republic of America said:

The Discord starting to get worried that you've gone a bit burnt out on the game.

That is impossible. :) Do you really think I'd rather go to someone else's office daily to build products I have zero emotional investment in?

I am juggling a million things though (and doing a bit of fundraising for the project; as you can imagine this is quite important!), so I apologize that there hasn't been an update in a while.

There is no date yet, but I am working on several large features in parallel, so whenever it happens it will be fairly exciting! ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1